Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,374 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! (3228 Views)

How Do I Manually Configure Mtn Gprs Settings On A Htc Desire Hd Phone? / List Of WAP Sites You Know / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by Zule(m): 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2006
Traffic Plans On MTN GPRS

Sorry, to Annouce to you that as from 19th april 2006 Mtn will begin to charge for the slow internet services they offer.
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by ncpat(m): 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2006
how do u know, today is 19 april and i`m still using it for free and even to send text messages for free
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-10919.0.html
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by Christino(m): 1:28pm On Apr 20, 2006
Nairalanders,
I'm sure you got the text message on monday. MTN will charge 75kobo per KB downloaded and 60naira per MMS. So what are hustlers to do? Should we go back to Glo (full version) or ride on with our trial version (free) on Vmobile?

This morning they empited my balance to 0.07kobo (the lowest i've ever had). Now I can't even flash, I'm even afraid to recharge because I must have downloaded more than 64MB since inception yet they charged me without browsing. Anyhow, I was expecting to see this post since I received the text, but now that its real - be warned!
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by Christino(m): 1:31pm On Apr 20, 2006
MTN! - Money Talks Now!

Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by Zule(m): 3:49pm On Apr 20, 2006
well,
this is what MTN sent to my phone on the 18th but i am still browsing with my phone too
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by iginla(m): 7:06am On Apr 21, 2006
christino,
could you please post your phone number and give me the detail of what transpired and when,I have somebody that help on this.
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by taiwotee: 9:02am On Apr 21, 2006
, Thanks so much for this info passed on , MTN internet browsing has stop , how long is there free test and they are now charging epensively like that , I must say this fact MTN are not really helpful , very instingy in there services to subscribers , on like the Vmobile and Glo, However there are options shocked , I think Glo is still the best in terms of browsing via your phone mobile , hey , hey guys use glo if you want to enjoy mobile phone browsing grin
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by Christino(m): 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2006
iginla:

christino,
could you please post your phone number and give me the detail of what transpired and when,I have somebody that help on this.

Since we are not allowed to post phone numbers (i guess, and i believe its safe), i'll simply mail you my number, but your email addy is not here, so i'll leave you to buzz me (FYI, i'm always online) except once a week (even then i'll be online on my phone) so buzz me or simply leave me an offline. My Yahoo ID is on my profile.
Thanx a bunch!
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by maki(f): 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2006
MTN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOLD DIGGERS
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by Fdeveloper(m): 4:06pm On Apr 21, 2006
So MTN are "Gold Diggers" and the fact that they have provided GPRS free of charge for almost a year still obviously still doesn't count for anything?

I guess some people are just determined to always take the negative view of all things
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by spikedcylinder: 4:07pm On Apr 21, 2006
I noticed this the hard way when my account was drained to 0.00nair.I thought it was my housemates messing with my phone again, until i recharged and the thing went kappos again!
60naira per mms?ridiculous! shocked
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by spikedcylinder: 4:09pm On Apr 21, 2006
GPRS for almost a year?how many weeks do YOU have in a month?
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by kennys: 4:50pm On Apr 21, 2006
hi guys,
For your information the Mtn,Glo and Vmobile guys,will not make themselves a father chrismas to all its subscribers,
that is just the simple reason while we have different marketing strategies from all these provider.Now, the problem of price,service wise and benefits is were i want to shortly address.

PRICE:Price is a value attached to every available comodities either favourable or not,now considering the varing in price of these Comunication providers,for God sack you can 't expect them to be given equal charges to their subscribers and that is were the issue of choice have to come into play if Mtn is stingy,you have every opportunities to dervert to Glo or Vmobile. So, price is not the issue.

SERVICE: The service of these providers differs in a numbers of ways,which i strongly belive most users will agree with me,now,have you ever had some of these users of either Mtn,Glo or Vmobile trying to protect the type of Network they are using? you will noticed that some of this users of this network greatly enjoy the kind of prices,service provided them by there various network providers,so why the complain?
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by maki(f): 4:52pm On Apr 21, 2006
spikedcylinder:

i wonder
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by kennys: 5:06pm On Apr 21, 2006
continuation
Now on BENEFIT:
What benefit do you all  need or want from Mtn,Glo and Vmobile? provided you receive a better service comeasurate with your money you dont need there benefit.The reasons are these:
1.Glo will come out today and say if you load credit between 1200 and 1500 naira you will stand the chance of winning a car.
2.Mtn  will not use such strategy for now they will rather say load up to 1200 and be credit with 25% of your new re-charge cards.
3.Vmobile too will design its own too, and at the end of the day we will all accept it no doubt.

The solution to all these is we should  havea good government that will always consider our pilight before taking decision.you all no what i mean.thanks!
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by Christino(m): 6:00pm On Apr 21, 2006
Fdeveloper:

So MTN are "Gold Diggers" and the fact that they have provided GPRS free of charge for almost a year still obviously still doesn't count for anything?

I guess some people are just determined to always take the negative view of all things

Ol Boy, that's not true! They started deducting money in October, then they went off for about a month and resumed free browsing barely two months ago. MTN have reaped a whole lot from Nigeria. There's who can be a millionaire, there's 180 cars, what can we say of MTN.

If not that GLO came short of expectation, these guys won't be in business anymore. DAING!
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 21, 2006
ncpat:

how do u know, today is 19 april and i`m still using it for free and even to send text messages for free
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-10919.0.html

Listen he's right. I cant browse anymore from my phone.

MTN SUCKS angry tongue cryI WAS ENJOYING IT.
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 22, 2006
Milk Those Nigerians
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by freddie1(m): 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2006
These telecom companies do not consider their customers o!
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by Christino(m): 2:21pm On Apr 22, 2006
uhonmora:

Milk Those Nigerians

Correct! That's the slogan!
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by whocares: 5:17pm On Apr 24, 2006
9Ja's grin
We will never change. FOC is our middle name.

Common guys, it is simple, if you want to use the service you gat to pay for it.
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by maki(f): 5:26pm On Apr 24, 2006
whocares:

9Ja's grin
We will never change. FOC is our middle name.

Common guys, it is simple, if you want to use the service you got to pay for it.

so you are very ok with the tarriff and the connectivity you get from

MILK THOSE NIGERIANS (MTN)

WELL, ME AM NOT

e be like say you get money well well
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by spikedcylinder: 5:32pm On Apr 24, 2006
maki,its not like he has a lot of money, he just doesnt care. tongue
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by maki(f): 6:08pm On Apr 24, 2006
no wonder he's name is WHOCARES grin
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by spikedcylinder: 6:17pm On Apr 24, 2006
You geddit! tongue grin
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by whocares: 7:11pm On Apr 24, 2006

@Maki

e be like say you get money well well

From your mouth to Gods ears oh cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by Bossman(m): 8:13pm On Apr 24, 2006
Most carriers (including here in the US) usually just offer GPRS free during the introductory period. They will eventually charge for it. It's part of their bread and butter so they have to charge for it.  There will probably be packages, bundles, etc. that can be purchased. But, they will be the exception if they do not charge for it. Now, I noticed that their rates are a little on the high side, compared to what we pay on this end, but as time goes on, that will eventually come down.
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by maki(f): 9:50am On Apr 25, 2006
whocares:

From your mouth to Gods ears oh cheesy cheesy cheesy

i'll pray for you
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by Fdeveloper(m): 3:27pm On Apr 25, 2006
Quote from: spikedcylinder on 21 April 2006, 16:09:34

Here is a link to a topic on MTN GPRS dated May 2005 https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-321.0.html. If that doesn't qualify as nearly a year from the current date, then I don't know what does.

In response to your question, speaking as a member of the human race residing here on planet earth, I'm happy to inform you that we have on average 4 weeks in every month give or take a few days. Perhaps you are the one using an "alternative" calendar?
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by spikedcylinder: 6:39pm On Apr 25, 2006
What they say on their website isnt the same as what applies in reality,do you realise that?
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by Fdeveloper(m): 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2006
If you took the trouble to follow the link you would see that it leads a thread on our very own Nairaland. The thread started with someone saying that they had noticed the GPRS service indicator (i.e. Upper case "G"wink on their handsets in the VI area and other people confirmed this in VI and other areas too.

I made absolutely no reference to the MTN website so I don't quite understand your last post?
Re: MTN GPRS, WAP And MMS No Longer Free! by Zule(m): 6:20pm On May 05, 2006
I browse with my MTN SIM without Paying them any Pin,
this is real thru , up till now i brose with my MTN SIm without paying them any KOBO
although i can not make calls or send sms and MMS with the line but i do brose with the line

(1) (2) (Reply)

.. / Best Subscription For IPHONE / Leagoo Kiicaa Power Full Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.