Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? (3045 Views)

‘You are Inflicting Hardship On Nigerians’, PDP Tells Buhari / Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque / Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by ayotoyin(f): 12:41pm On Nov 14, 2012
Am just disturbed at the rate at which the pensioneers in Lagos State are being treated all in the name of 'Verification Exercise', It was an eyesore at the Centre (Old Secretariat) yesterday, the queue was extremely long, the officials were scanty and getting angry for nothing at the aged healthy and sick ones that were present,is it not possible to have different centres and year brackets for easy exercise?
Suggestions are welcome please.

Please, moderator, i will appreciate if this makes the front page just for our voices to be heard and yes, my parents were there.

Thanks
Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by OAM4J: 2:16pm On Nov 14, 2012
Its rather sad the way we treat our senior citizens.

Many forget they will also become old, sooner or later.

We really need to treat these people with respect and dignity they deserve.
Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by shoturtrap(m): 2:33pm On Nov 14, 2012
Failed government rulling people who don't care. And everyone is praising him @FASHOLA. We haven't learnt anything yes in this nigeria. I went to PH and u need to see what the all mighty and all praised Amechi they decieve port harcourt people. Even in imo state. Rochas is just a scam.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by bigass(f): 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2012
we do not respect our senior citizens here those mlatraetnig tehm hvae forgotten they will be mlatreated likewsie
Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by jbrodaly(m): 2:42pm On Nov 14, 2012
I also blame the senior citizens for not fixing things while they were there.Other pensioners before them suffered same thing what did they do?They didn't know that one that it would be their turn.That not withstanding their plight should be looked into.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by takedat(m): 2:46pm On Nov 14, 2012
they are not Lagos state Government pensioners, its the FG that does their verification exercise at the Old Secretariat. Its a shame to serve diligently for 30 years and all you get in return is this hardship. May God help this country
Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by kaysy(m): 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2012
JAMB has helped to make biometric scanner available in all areas now, can't they have this verification exercise done from any cyber cafe since the major issue there is biometric capture to help know how many are still living and those that's dead, this will help old ones stroll down to cafe close to them for this verification other than having a secretariat for this. Mehn Nigerian's should move forward. plzz

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by dilbert100: 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2012
i think this is a problem in many other countries also
Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by TonySpike: 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2012
These verification exercise(s) would not be needed if we have a well maintained national identity database, in addition to birth and death records. This is what we will continue to suffer if we lack the basic demographic data in a huge country like Nigeria. I can't really blame Fashola, I'll blame the rotten system.
Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by EkoIle1: 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2012
What's Fashola or Lagos state got to do with this?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by EkoIle1: 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2012
Lack of data or credible data is a major problem in Nigeria, but then you have the same people complaining about the registration exercise in Lagos state.
Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by Jyde89: 3:21pm On Nov 14, 2012
I pity young aspiring civil servant, it is good to serve your country, but not when it does'nt care about you; i love my country, but my love is not blind.
Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 14, 2012
They are busy getting ready for Lagos ID cards
As soon as the cards are issued,all problems will be solved
Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by GARRIx7(m): 3:37pm On Nov 14, 2012
take dat: they are not Lagos state Government pensioners, its the FG that does their verification exercise at the Old Secretariat. Its a shame to serve diligently for 30 years and all you get in return is this hardship. May God help this country

OP: Why not edit the topic, since u made a mistake??
ayotoyin: Am just disturbed at the rate at which the pensioneers in Lagos State are being treated all in the name of 'Verification Exercise', It was an eyesore at the Centre (Old Secretariat) yesterday, the queue was extremely long, the officials were scanty and getting angry for nothing at the aged healthy and sick ones that were present,is it not possible to have different centres and year brackets for easy exercise?
Suggestions are welcome please.

Please, moderator, i will appreciate if this makes the front page just for our voices to be heard and yes, my parents were there.

Thanks
Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by OkwaIfugo(m): 4:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
fashola is working now.
Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by tompat86(m): 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2012
ATM abeg give me moni joooooooooooooooor

Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by Emmy9898: 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2012
Eko Ile: What's Fashola or Lagos state got to do with this?

Are you kidding me?
Lagos and Fashola have everything to do with it.

If you doubt me, I urge you to read Vanguard on-line news of 23 February 2011, titled "Lagos begins pensioner's verification exercise"
Just Google the title and read at your pleasure. You will discover that the smooth and hassle-free exercise which Fashola promised since February 2011, and now "HAPPILY ATTESTED TO" by this poster, is still going on till today. grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ poster, Just bear in mind that what your father is experiencing in Lagos is not perculiar to Lagos. That's all I can say.
Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by engrfcuksmtin(m): 1:48am On Nov 15, 2012
jbrodaly: I also blame the senior citizens for not fixing things while they were there.Other pensioners before them suffered same thing what did they do?They didn't know that one that it would be their turn.That not withstanding their plight should be looked into.
My brother you need to drink SMA progress to today! As if the senior citizens can fix things while they were there? Pensions in Nigeria is wacked.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by badesco(m): 6:48am On Nov 15, 2012
Those involved should expect worst situation during their time. law of kamman will surely apply.
Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 15, 2012
shot ur trap: Failed government rulling people who don't care. And everyone is praising him @FASHOLA. We haven't learnt anything yes in this nigeria. I went to PH and u need to see what the all mighty and all praised Amechi they decieve port harcourt people. Even in imo state. Rochas is just a scam.
Not only scam,rochas is worse dan scam
Re: Why Is Lagos Government Inflicting Pains On Pensioners? by Hardfact: 8:37am On Nov 15, 2012
It's all part of dividends of democracy, isnt it? We must be in a kangaroo kingdom where things that should naturally work simply dont, mustnt we?

(1) (Reply)

The Crowd At APC Rally In Taraba Is Intimidating (photos) / When Beggars Die.. A Tribute Late Jibrin Mamman Vatsa And His Late Parent. / British Govt. Does Not Support Biafra Agitators – UK High Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.