Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Soul E Now A Pastor! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Soul E Now A Pastor! (5443 Views)

Soul E Baba Where At Thou / Danny Young/boquie/soul E/infinity – (amen Award) Best New Artist / Who Knows Soul-E? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soul E Now A Pastor! by spora(m): 7:43pm On Feb 04, 2008
Hip-hop musician, Soul E and wife, Queen Ure, who were expelled from Okotie’s Household of God Church last year, have opened their own church.

The church, D’Love Villa, also known as Heaven on Earth, lauched three weeks ago with about 20 worshippers, now boasts over 60 members.

D’Love Villa is located at 28, Adeyemo Akapo Street, Omole Phase 1, Ogba, Lagos and holds its services every Sunday between 9 and 11a.m.

Unlike most pastors who spend years in Bible colleges training as men of God, Soul E and wife never attended any Bible school.

But the music star yesterday in his church, said he did not need any training or any pastor to tell him what to preach, adding that people must not mistake profession with his calling.

“I am a singer by profession but I am a preacher by calling,” SoulE said.

At yesterday’s service, Soul E’s wife, Queen Ure, read from the book of Proverbs chapter 4 verse 23: “As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he”. She said anybody can become anything he wants as it is a matter of the mind.

“Anything that happens to us today, we created it by the dominant force of our thought. The reason is that anything you focus your mind on you become because we don’t think in words but in images. Those images influence and determine our life.”

After the sermon by Queen Ure, Soul E explained to the congregation that they should not be surprised that he is now a pastor. He said he comes from a family of evangelists.

“My father is an evangelist. My mum is an evangelist and we were always going to crusades. I got a lot of training and experience from them,” he said.

The service yesterday was an exciting one. Some worshippers are still trying to come to terms with Soul E as a preacher. At a time, the music star stopped preaching and told the congregation that God had spoken to him.

“God just told me that there is someone here who had made a request to Him. And God said I should tell the person that he is in the right place. And because he is here, he has received it.”

The service ended with a free meal for all worshippers. Though it was only the third church service, the music star said it was a tradition in the church to give free meals to members.

“We have a tradition here. We give out free meals to everybody every Sunday.”

It is my believe that this woman is creating an unnecessary distraction for this young man. This is a God-giving talent being wated. Since the soleminization of their "mariage", poor Soul E has not concentrated on his carrer.

Too bad!

In another development, Reverend Chris Okotie, yesterday introduced Stephanie Henshaw, mother of three, as the woman he intends to marry this year. According to the funky pastor, he is marrying Steph because of her breathtaking beauty.
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by nguage(m): 8:45pm On Feb 04, 2008
Lmabao. grin shocked embarassed lipsrsealed cry
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by edgecution(m): 1:54pm On Feb 05, 2008
are u serious with this report?
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by Modups1(f): 2:30pm On Feb 05, 2008
spora, spora, spora!!!
u r a serious case u know dat?
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by skylady(f): 2:49pm On Feb 05, 2008
na wa 4 dis soul E,4rom music 2 pastor.wat does he think he's doing.may God help him and his wife.
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by thegame(m): 5:37pm On Feb 05, 2008
That bastard should be shot. he thinks anyone can just open a church?IS he trying to mock my GOD?
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by jejelolatu(f): 7:14pm On Feb 05, 2008
roflmao.

haaaaaaaaaaaaa;
i nor fit shout, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

but,with god all things are possible, i think.
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by tosinadeda: 1:52am On Feb 06, 2008
God purnish am
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by RichDad1(m): 5:42am On Feb 06, 2008
tosinadeda:

God purnish am
For what?? Because he decided to Serve God or not including you in the set-up , grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by tosinadeda: 10:15am On Feb 06, 2008
Rich Dad:

For what?? Because he decided to Serve God or not including you in the set-up , grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

there is a difference between serving God and "serving God"!!!!!!
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by azeeza(f): 10:57am On Feb 06, 2008
d guy no get enuf cash 4 music na him make am swithch row.church business e go beta sha 4 soul E grin
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by Modups1(f): 11:44am On Feb 06, 2008
pls where is d source of dis news?
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by keji2008(f): 1:33pm On Feb 06, 2008
is this a joke or what?
shocked
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by edgecution(m): 1:45pm On Feb 06, 2008
Sounds more like a cooked up tale. grin grin grin
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by baslone: 10:09am On Feb 10, 2008
;Dif na tru.omo,i no blame the guy jo!he is as clean or dirty (which ever one you choose) as most of the churches we have around now so why crucify him.the church business is the only lucrative bizness Adenuga has not invested in.we we are too much in this country so you'l definately get people dat think the same way you do as followers.so for a young man to come up with such a beautiful idea,i think we should give him kudos.my padi dey hustle abeg!!!its only God that knows those who serve him.so FI LE!!!
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by lalaboi(m): 10:23am On Feb 10, 2008
na wa oh! the lst time i heard of soul e, he was in court wit his recording label! nw e dn turn pastor! maybe he'll turn to a gospel artist, no more hip hop
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by samyyoung1(m): 2:15am On Feb 11, 2008
Wonders they say never END
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by RichDad1(m): 12:43am On Feb 12, 2008
Musician turn Pastor Chris Okotie
Musician Turn Pastor Soul E

so whats the big deal?? you wan tell me say if Okotie still dey sing ,he go don get the kind money we he don't get now?? Soul E know weting he dey do , Sharp Boi , grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by joshjosh(m): 9:49am On Feb 20, 2008
signs and wonders naija style. another "God user" heyy!
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by deola1(m): 2:26pm On Feb 21, 2008
i knew soul E he's gonna be something else aside a musician. He proposed Music but God Disposed grin hahhaha preaching. i can't bear this pls ban this guy
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by zigbo(f): 2:52am On Feb 24, 2008
i hope none of them are blaspheming. cuzz the sin of lying in the name of the holy spirit is unpardonable.
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by Damsel001: 6:29pm On Feb 25, 2008
This is shocking o. I ld like to hear what they preach.Any one wanna volunteer to go to
the church and give us a feedback? Just curious.
I cant volunteer cuz am not in naija.
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by 9ja4eva: 6:57am On Mar 19, 2008
Why will Chris send them out of his church because of the age difference.

Chris is not a pastor.
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by benedo(m): 10:14am On Mar 20, 2008
Ummnn, Now! i saw soul e and his wife on TV, both of them especially the wife( in this very eye popping very sexy and revealing spagethi strap) answering questions and preaching and all that stuff abt opening a church,man! something just smelled very fishy to me, to me its like this babe is leading this guy by the nose, she is always around this guy--- as her manage she says, and i see her too in the videos jumping up and down boobs all shaking and i'm like wow wow wow lipsrsealed.---who are this guys kidding,apparently madam just cant resist a slice of the spotlight that comes from the superstar thang, (quite unbecoming of a so called pastor).

These guys should please stop calling us fools, let soul e concentrate on his music and let madam concentrate on her banking profession or whatever she was doing before Soul E---they howver appear to lov each other enuff but time will eventually tell abt this duo.
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 20, 2008
d'you guys know what I think?

Yes, I heard Soul E floated a church. Qute alright. But I don't think it's in the place of anyone to condemn him or say he went into the business for the purpose of making money. How do y'all know God didn't actually say something to him?

I think in such conditions, only God can judge his relationship with people, and here Soul E is the person. Why not wait till judgement day, and see if Soul E joins you in hell or us in heaven (LOL, joke).
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by dipo2much(m): 11:56am On Mar 24, 2008
Lets not judge him. God knows better
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by temple(m): 6:55pm On Apr 05, 2008
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by fyneguy: 12:05pm On Apr 07, 2008
when will people realise the way of God is not ours. He doesnt seek our opinion before He calls His servants.
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by enque(f): 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2008
during a recent interview wit soundcity, soul e said he's neva gonna take off his durags, blings, stud, e.t.c n dat he'll neva settle for gospel music even tho he's now a pastor
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by micklplus(m): 12:30pm On Apr 07, 2008
God is good
Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by Modups1(f): 12:57pm On Apr 07, 2008
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Re: Soul E Now A Pastor! by Modups1(f): 12:59pm On Apr 07, 2008
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm & hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigeria Music Blogs (2017) / [full] Youngboy Never Broke Again – Until Death Call My Name Album Mp3 Zip / Bella Shmurda – Only You [ Music ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.