Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Berti Vogts Sacked! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Berti Vogts Sacked! (765 Views)

David Moyes Sacked, Fergie persuaded to take charge again!!! / Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week / Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Berti Vogts Sacked! by bibiking1(m): 10:13pm On Feb 04, 2008
http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=1625

NFA sack Vogts
Posted: 2008-02-04 19:55

Nigeria coach Berti Vogts is expected to be dismissed by Tuesday morning, top NFA sources have informed KickOffNigeria.com.

The decision is coming barely one week after the board passed a vote of confidence on the coach.

Top NFA sources informed KickOffNigeria.com that the board had received the go ahead from both the Sports Minister and the Globacom chairman to implement the decision, which is expected to be announced after Monday night's meeting in Accra's Alisa Hotel

this is a very wrong move!!!
Re: Berti Vogts Sacked! by deor03(m): 10:21pm On Feb 04, 2008
No sir!!

Right move
Re: Berti Vogts Sacked! by delbizzie1(m): 10:23pm On Feb 04, 2008
what a wrong decision, now how are they going to qualify for 2010!
Re: Berti Vogts Sacked! by McKren(m): 10:27pm On Feb 04, 2008
weak attempt at crisis management and restoration of public confidence I think they should do us a favour and sack themselves

The NFA Chairman and board members should resign
Re: Berti Vogts Sacked! by Gbosko: 10:29pm On Feb 04, 2008
@BibiKing,

I thought you would say the decision to sack Vogts they had passed vote of confidence on him just 4days earlier on shows how incompetent the decision making process in the NFA boardroom is. But you saying it's a wrong decision?? I just dont get it undecided You mean dey should retain him? He couldn't deliver what he was paid to deliver! Listen man, the Berti Vogts project was bound to fail from day one, I mean going ahead to employ a coach who made it clear he doesn't like coming to Nigeria. NFA and it's paraphenalia is the bane of Nigerian football. I'll suggest that all Nigerians rise up unison and demand for better service and accountability from those bunch of ministry nonentities in the NFA glass house!!
Re: Berti Vogts Sacked! by Gbosko: 10:31pm On Feb 04, 2008
@BibiKing,

I thought you would say the decision to sack Vogts after they had passed vote of confidence on him just 4days earlier on shows how incompetent the decision making process in the NFA boardroom is. But you saying it's a wrong decision?? I just dont get it undecided You mean dey should retain him? He couldn't deliver what he was paid to deliver! Listen man, the Berti Vogts project was bound to fail from day one, I mean going ahead to employ a coach who made it clear he doesn't like coming to Nigeria. NFA and it's paraphenalia is the bane of Nigerian football. I'll suggest that all Nigerians rise up unison and demand for better service and accountability from those bunch of ministry nonentities in the NFA glass house!!
Re: Berti Vogts Sacked! by deor03(m): 10:37pm On Feb 04, 2008
his_grace:

wrong move - leave the team alone -

Hi,
The football playing team is still intact. it's the coach that was sacked ( if the story is true!)
Re: Berti Vogts Sacked! by McKren(m): 10:55pm On Feb 04, 2008
We are doing the same thing and expecting different results

Politicians will never take our football to anywhere

Let us get ex-players and ex-coaches to manage our football.
Re: Berti Vogts Sacked! by folahann(m): 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2008
The best decision Nigeriahas ever made
Re: Berti Vogts Sacked! by bibiking1(m): 11:23pm On Feb 04, 2008
Gbosko:

@BibiKing,

I thought you would say the decision to sack Vogts they had passed vote of confidence on him just 4days earlier on shows how incompetent the decision making process in the NFA boardroom is. But you saying it's a wrong decision?? I just don't get it undecided You mean dey should retain him? He couldn't deliver what he was paid to deliver! Listen man, the Berti Vogts project was bound to fail from day one, I mean going ahead to employ a coach who made it clear he doesn't like coming to Nigeria. NFA and it's paraphenalia is the bane of Nigerian football. I'll suggest that all Nigerians rise up unison and demand for better service and accountability from those bunch of ministry nonentities in the NFA glass house!!

Is Berti Vogts our problem?

(1) (Reply)

Westerhof Again! (for Super Eagles) / Chelsea Was Cheated / Owello On Lagerback's Radar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.