Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,156 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. (5982 Views)

King James Bible Is NOT The Best Translation & Catholic Influence ( Edited ) / Real Image Of King James Of KJV1611 / Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by Horus(m): 3:50pm On Feb 17, 2008
", seeing they see not; hearing they hear not, neither do they understand." (Matthew 13:13) .
Is this from one of the hundreds altered version of your stupid book? grin
And still christians are so stupids,they are not even aware of this Fact
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by MCUsman(m): 3:52pm On Feb 17, 2008
MC Usman:

The Christian’s bible, i.e KJV including the four official gospels was corrupted over centuries by short sighted human beings who had their eyes set on temporal gains such as political or social influence. This is also the views of the best modern scholars of the biblical text and latest video documentary that tends to refutes the basic dogma of Christianity. A Nigerian Historian is currently writing a book on the K J V. In the various texts of the gospel alone, text that are, by the way written in Greek, and not the Aramaic that was actually spoken by Jesus. There are over three thousand textual disagreement, and clear evidence of extensive alteration by many hands over a period of many years. I personally regard the KJV as a combination of the Word of God, Word of Jesus, and Word of Man / Historians.

Matthew 13:13 can pass for the small portion classified as Word of God
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 17, 2008
welll, well, well, grin

Mr. or is that Mujahadeen M.ohammed Usman, I heard that you were the "MC Terrorist" that influenced Seun by threatening him with the possibility of bodily harm. grin

So how many more converts have you won for your demon "all.AH" since you did that

Also its obvious that you have to work for him (all.AH) , as he's too powerless to do his dirty work himself, grin

MC Usman, do you also have any teenage wife, if not then it means you are not obeying the examples of your peadophile leader "m.o.h.a.m.MAD"

By the way I heard that for you to get to your 70 virgins al'jana you must either:

1. Die for All.AH in a jihad

or

2. you must do more good deeds than bad deeds

So MC Terrorist, which one have you done recently, wAIT IT SEEMS YOU WERE RECENTLY TRYING TO GO FOR THE FIRST OPTION,
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by 4Him(m): 3:59pm On Feb 17, 2008
MC Usman:

1. by what criteria do you make this determination?

2. Which "God" are you talking about here? Certainly not that idol allah, he cant even find his alleged copy of his torah and injeel.

3. Was Matthew one of your prophets? How could allah have entrusted the writing of Matt 13:13 to him, a verse conspicously missing from ur koran?
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by MCUsman(m): 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2008
SysUser:

welll, well, well, grin

Mr. or is that Mujahadeen M.ohammed Usman, I heard that you were the "MC Terrorist" that influenced Seun by threatening him with the possibility of bodily harm. grin

There is a difference between debate and prejudice/ hostility. Debate is to discuss something with some positive objective while prejudice is a preconceived negative notion, or hostility.
What is being discussed in Naialand can’t be termed as a debate but sheer oozing out venom or giving lent to pent up feelings of hostility based on preconceived, ill founded notion with a prejudiced mind. This is what Seun should note. People are using Nairaland as a platform for expressing anti Islamic sentiments. You call this threat, expressing my own opinion without offensive language and advising a young entrepreneurship like Seun against people who want to erode the basic principle of Niarland. I object the scraping of the religion forum, but I like to see a more human conduct, zero tolerance on sheer hatred.
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by Horus(m): 4:07pm On Feb 17, 2008
MC Usman:

This must be part of The Book of Lies.
One thing that can turn the stomach of even the most seasoned Warrior involved in the work of ending the oppression of foreign religion and awakening human dignity in oneself and ones comrades, is the incredible shamelessness of those who profit and thrive off the Religious brainwhashing of their own people. The mind boggles at the blatant callousness of individuals who really and truly do not care about the ignorance and the suffering their tricknology causes. Not even a “I didn’t know” or the usual denial of hard facts. No, the shameless ones are so versed in their insanity of misleading ; they have no need to protect their psyche through such defence mechanisms. Instead they tend to be[b] totally clear and aware of what they are doing[/b].  shocked shocked
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by 4Him(m): 4:09pm On Feb 17, 2008
MC Usman:

There is a difference between debate and prejudice/ hostility. Debate is to discuss something with some positive objective while prejudice is a preconceived negative notion, or hostility.
What is being discussed in Naialand can’t be termed as a debate but sheer oozing out venom or giving lent to pent up feelings of hostility based on preconceived, ill founded notion with a prejudiced mind. This is what Seun should note. People are using Nairaland as a platform for expressing anti Great Religious sentiments. You call this threat, expressing my own opinion without offensive language and advising a young entrepreneurship like Seun against people who want to erode the basic principle of Niarland. I object the scraping of the religion forum, but I like to see a more human conduct, zero tolerance on sheer hatred.

hmmm mr Usman the hypocrite . . . you love to whine about people debating islam with hostility . . . is it not the exact same thing you are doing here? Are you not using NL as a platform for expressing YOUR OWN anti-christian (anti-KJV) sentiments?
I would love to see a more human conduct from you too . . . zero tolerance against coming on this board to cry that the bible i have used for the last 20yrs is a fraud while u whine and grovel anytime someone reminds you that ur hadith stands on very shaky legs.

I call it a threat when you directly or indirectly make remarks about someone's life being in danger simply for holding disenting views.
You will get some respect from me when you coward start taking responsibility for ur actions.

When next you whine about islam being insulted, dont come here thru the back door to take a stab at christianity.
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by MCUsman(m): 4:36pm On Feb 17, 2008
4Him:

I would love to see a more human conduct from you too . . . zero tolerance against coming on this board to cry that the bible i have used for the last 20yrs is a fraud.

“20 years” men you’ve been busted and bleeped up.

Those Bible (KJV) that passed through the minds of men, are written in the language of men, were penned by the hands of men, and bear in their style the characteristics of men.

If words have any meaning, do i need to add another word of comment to prove my case? No! The re-re-re-re- ……….editors / edifiers and editorial column of the KJV informed you of the grave defects that exist in the earlier versions, But the professional propagandists (editors), after letting the cat out of the bag, still have the face to try to make their readers believe that they have proved beyond the shadow of any doubt that the KJV is the "irrefragable Word of God." After re -re-re-re , editing.

"IF SUCH ARE THE PRIESTS, GOD BLESS THE CONGREGATION."
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by 4Him(m): 4:42pm On Feb 17, 2008
Your ko'ran was passed down as ORAL tradition from the time of mo'hammed until othman decided to make his own copy.
Where is al'lah's injeel and torah? - LOST
What about the copies eaten by Aisha's pet goat? - LOST
What about the hadith? - no one knows which is genuine and which is false.

and you hypocrite come here talking about the bible?
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by MCUsman(m): 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2008
Your semantic gymnastics - equivocating, diversion intensional distraction and playing with words - is amazing!
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by 4Him(m): 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2008
MC Usman:

Your semantic gymnastics - equivocating, diversion intensional distraction and playing with words - is amazing!

your hypocrisy stinks to high heavens.

Is it not true that the satanic verses of the quran are missing? Has al'lah found his injeel and torah just yet?
are your scholars agreed on which hadith is genuine or fake?

pls concentrate on those first before crying more than the bereaved on the bible.
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by stimulus(m): 5:56pm On Feb 17, 2008
MC Usman:

"World's Best Seller?" Page iii, paragraph six of the PREFACE of the RSV reads:*
"THE KING JAMES VERSION (alternative description of AV) HAS WITH GOOD REASON BEEN TERMED 'THE NOBLEST MONUMENT OF ENGLISH PROSE.' ITS REVISERS IN 1881 EXPRESSED ADMIRATION FOR 'ITS SIMPLICITY, ITS DIGNITY, ITS POWER, ITS HAPPY TURNS OF EXPRESSION, THE MUSIC OF ITS CADENCES, AND THE FELICITIES OF ITS RHYTHM.' IT ENTERED, AS NO OTHER BOOK HAS, INTO THE MAKING OF THE PERSONAL CHARACTER AND THE PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS OF THE ENGLISH-SPEAKING PEOPLES. WE OWE IT AN INCALCULABLE DEBT."

for in the very same breath they say: YET THE KING JAMES VERSION HAS GRAVE DEFECTS." And, "THAT THESE DEFECTS ARE SO MANY AND SO SERIOUS AS TO CALL FOR REVISION.

Have you realized that the KJV is only a translation? Sure, it has grave defects - as a translation, and Christians have never tried to be hypocritical about that issue as Muslims have pretended every single time to so do with the translations of the Qur'an.

Do you realize what your own Muslim reviewers have said about the translations of the Qur'an? Which one English translation has been praised as having no defects in its translation by Muslim scholars?

Marmaduke Pickthall?

Yusuf Ali?

M H Shakir?

Hilali-Khan?

Sher Ali?

Majid Daryabadi?

Rashad Kalifa?

Hassan Qaribullah and Sheik Ahmad Darwish?

Muhammad Sarwar?

Shaykh Abdul-Majeed Az-Zindani?

Of course, there are over 40 more English translations that I know of; but the point is that there is not a single one of them that Muslim (no, "great one"wink scholars have not rubbished with the same complaints about defects in them!

Why do Muslims often seek to attack the message of the Bible based simply on TRANSLATIONS, where we all know that the translations of the Qur'an into English has more serious problems highlighted by Muslim scholars themselves?
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by stimulus(m): 6:29pm On Feb 17, 2008
MC Usman:

This is hilarious! grin Have you not been the high-priest of the same offering as outlined above?
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by luvus: 2:38pm On Feb 18, 2008
Quote from: MC Usman on Yesterday at 03:44:08 PM
", seeing they see not; hearing they hear not, neither do they understand." (Matthew 13:13) .

this from the same KJV you're banging your head over?
You don't seem to have any shame.

4him grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin laf fals down and lafing cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by luvus: 2:42pm On Feb 18, 2008
welll, well, well, Grin

Mr. or is that Mujahadeen M.ohammed Usman, I heard that you were the "MC Terrorist" that influenced Seun by threatening him with the possibility of bodily harm. Grin

So how many more converts have you won for your demon "all.AH" since you did that

Also its obvious that you have to work for him (all.AH) , as he's too powerless to do his dirty work himself, Grin

MC Usman, do you also have any teenage wife, if not then it means you are not obeying the examples of your peadophile leader "m.o.h.a.m.MAD"

By the way I heard that for you to get to your 70 virgins al'jana you must either:

1. Die for All.AH in a jihad

or

2. you must do more good deeds than bad deeds

So MC Terrorist, which one have you done recently, wAIT IT SEEMS YOU WERE RECENTLY TRYING TO GO FOR THE FIRST OPTION,

lafing => falls down & lafing => tears rolling down+lafing laf grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by MCUsman(m): 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2008
luvus:

Quote from: MC Usman on Yesterday at 03:44:08 PM

this from the same KJV you're banging your head over?
You don't seem to have any shame.

4him grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin laf fals down and lafing cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

I don't want to waste time with people like you
Do me a favor and get lost.
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by luvus: 2:49pm On Feb 18, 2008
hi Horus aka ape

how are u descendant of ape? kag accepted that you are an ape.
yes u say we stupid for believing in the lie. ok where is the documenting ([b]apecumentos?? grin grin)[/b]all your great grand parents apes and all the exploits they carried out grin grin grin cheesy so that we can see how stupid we are for believing the bible. am not requesting for post-dawinist trash that is called evolution theory which you claim. but the so called pre historic documents by your great grand parents
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by smile11s(m): 7:10pm On Jun 10, 2008
huh?
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by Backslider(m): 7:25pm On Jun 15, 2008
be not be fooled God cannot lie.

The word of the Lord Standeth sure.

The battle to discredit the Nation and language where he used the men to write his words has begun
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by AKO1(m): 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2008
@ Topic:

I think the[b] best[/b] translation of the bible today is the Amplified Bible. Because it gives you the literal english translation of the original language(s), removing the human error(s) made in the process of translation.
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by Ivvie: 1:24am On Jun 16, 2008
`
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by Cayon(f): 1:37am On Jun 16, 2008
Read the book of Ruth and I bet you are going to change your mind
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by olabowale(m): 12:49pm On Jun 16, 2008
@Pastor AIO:

@ Topic:

I think the best translation of the bible today is the Amplified Bible. Because it gives you the literal english translation of the original language(s), removing the human error(s) made in the process of translation.

Report to moderator Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You digg?

Ivvie

Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible.
« #52 on: Today at 01:24:39 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, the truth is that KJV is the only true version. All other versions are just false and twisted.

I think there is a joke among the Christians, that says if you have X number of christians in a gathering, chances is that your will have X+1 different Bible. As I read the quotes above, I can not but wonder, where is the Original in the Original language that it was revealed?
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by olabowale(m): 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2008
@4Him:

What about the copies eaten by Aisha's pet goat? - LOST
What about the hadith? - no one knows which is genuine and which is false.

Tell me, how many goats in Madina, a desert town in Arabia? This will tell you that it is very unlikely that a pet goat of Aisha will ever have a chance to eat the AlQur'an. First every word and vesr was memorized by many. So they served as correctors for the aothers who many forget or make a mistake. There is no word or vesr that was not memorized by more than few people, and been written down by just as many people as possible. Remember these were people who were tasty for this knowledge. Finally, there was no one who carelessly in a carefree fashion left the AlQur'an in any place where it is not safe and secure. For example, to illustrate this point, the conversion of umar bin Khattab will be adequate. When his sister heard his foot step, she quickly wrapped up with what she wrapped up the portion of Surah Taha that she and her husband wre reciting. She quickly tucked it in its proper place, away from the reach of anything other than themselves.

Now imagine ordinary mus.lims caring this much for the AlQur'an. Do you expect anything less from the house of the prophet? Would they have left it exposed to the elements, winds, harsh sunlight/rays, sand or dirt? No my brother.

Statement like this let us know what is possible and what is not. This is why Ahadith is classified as it is from Weak, not likely and strong, without any doubt. I can tell you by careful study of any ahadith, the ahadith scholars (Muhadithans) know which are not possible and which are possible. Thats why we have them labeled and weak all the way to the strong in clarity of what would have been the case then.
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by olabowale(m): 1:11pm On Jun 16, 2008
@Pastor AIO: I just saw the bold letters, also starting with A. I guess that I must have thought you to be a good man to have dialogue with. Please excuse me. The entrant who I was trying to address is A K O.

@A K O: Check out my post above.
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by PastorAIO: 1:19pm On Jun 16, 2008
olabowale:

@Pastor AIO: I just saw the bold letters, also starting with A. I guess that I must have thought you to be a good man to have dialogue with. Please excuse me. The entrant who I was trying to address is A K O.

@A K O: Check out my post above.

I for say! I hadn't even contributed to this thread at all. But it massages my ego to think that you are thinking of me. Better yet that you consider me 'a good man to have dialogue with'. But you must not let my Nafs get too pumped up with it's sense of self importance.
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2008
It is generally accepted that the "King James version" has a number of flaws and the type of English used is a bit difficult to understand, as a result of that the "New King James Version" was written to correct the defects in King James version, how ever a number of pastors and preachers still insist on using this version while on the pulpit while using other versions in their private studies, I guess they are deliberately still using the king james version(and encouraging their congregation to use it) to confuse their congregation and leave them permanently dependent on them to explain what the bible really means or says. ( they now tell you that you need the holy spirit to understand what the bible really means) I guess it is a strategy to keep the congregation dependent on these pastors for spiritual knowledge.  To understand my reasoning better, i suggest readers on this thread do a google search on "political history of the bible" you would be shocked how the bible as been used to manipulte christians for hundreds of years starting with the catholic church which compile it. You would also learn that the King james version is not the first translation into the english language. The first two translations were seized and the writers were burnt at the stake just becos the vatican had decreed that latin is the official language of the bible. Can you imagine the church ordering some one's death just becos he translated the bible in to english
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by olabowale(m): 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2008
@Jagoon: Get the original in emitic Language. Then thats how you can begin to tell.
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2008
The bible was originally written in Hebrew (OT),Greek and Aramaic (NT).  However, efforts have been made by dedicated people of God to make them accessible and readable in the English Language as well as our native tongues.  For those who really want to study and read the Word of God, the advise below is given;

Bibles that you read at your own risk are:

- Today's New International Version;

- New World Translation (Jehovah's witness version);

- New American Bible;

- New Revised Standard Version;

Best "Word for Word" translations are:

- King James Version;

- New King James Version;

Best "Thought for Thought" (Phrase) Translations are:

- New International Version;

- New American Standard Version;

- English Standard Version;

- Amplified
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2008
olabowale:

@Jagoon: Get the original in emitic Language. Then thats how you can begin to tell.
And how would that help? i don't even know or understand eitic language.
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 16, 2008
@OLAADEGBU
Bros Kings James version is definitely not a good translation and it as written in royal court english, in other words even the commoners in England at the time it was wriiten could not understand it very well as it was written in the noble english man's dialect of those days. Today it is more confusing to understand and that is why the "New King James Version" was written, to correct the errors in the original version and update the type of English used while retaining the style. Even going by your post we would all agree that a word for word translation is not always correct in translating languages as meaning of words may very in different languages. The best translations are always meaning for meaning or as you put it thought for thought.
Re: Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. by bluehorizo(m): 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2008
ehmmm ehmmm***clear throat*** I am not into religion stuff but i don't understand why i could not find where Jesus said "it is finished" in my KJV bible. I disappeared! shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can A Born Again Christian Marry More Than One Wife?. / Lucifer Was A Choir Master / Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.