Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

I Need The Best Hosting Now - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need The Best Hosting Now (3310 Views)

Get Free VPS Hosting Now / Super Alpha Reseller Web Hosting Now Available In Nigeria @ 9jahoster.com / Free Domain Registration! Cheapest, Most Reliable Nigerian Hosting Now Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need The Best Hosting Now by jitguide: 2:00pm On Feb 05, 2008
i need someone that can provide a good web hosting plan
and that can assure me minimum of 99% uptime with me having access to my control panel
and with minimum of 5 email address with it and php mail() function fully working
list your plans here for me to make my choose include payment info
i will call the person i will pick.
need it today
considerable price only
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by smartsoft(m): 2:27pm On Feb 05, 2008
hit me online, "smartsoftngr"
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by kazey(m): 3:07pm On Feb 05, 2008
Be careful what you wish for, my friend smiley. In such a haste you would only end up getting a desperate one man hosting company that needs a client desperately.

If you are looking for a reliable host, visit Nairahost Nigeria
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by la1(m): 3:14pm On Feb 05, 2008
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by DualCore1: 5:09pm On Feb 05, 2008
i paid for a host on friday morning at about 3 am. 2 minutes later, i got mails with my login details, and ftp account and all that. and immediately started loading files on the site through ftp, then 2 days later i paid for the domain and the next minute i had started setting up my site. now here's the site http://www.pctalknigeria.com

i used TriDomainhost
http://www.tridomainhost.com/
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by niyyie(m): 5:52pm On Feb 05, 2008
No point to hurry. There are several credible Nigerian web hosts to choose from. Web4Africa is one of them.
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by sengesboo: 3:20pm On Feb 06, 2008
GoDaddy any day (http://www.godaddy.com) :-)
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by anichi: 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2008
Why Dont u try www.Signonafrica.net, email support@signonafrica.com
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by fransois2(m): 3:58pm On Feb 07, 2008
Web4africa.net is the answer to your numerous requests. Not only is the pricing good, the service is equally credible for a company that has been in existence for over 5 years.
Please follow the link below to get the details of our great pricings.
You shall be glad you did.
wink
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by synaptium: 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2009
Guys,

I want to share my experience with 2 hosting companies in nigeria.

www.tridomainhost.com and
www.web4africa.net

Please dont go close.

Let me start with web4africa.

the customer service is zero. They dont respond to emails in time.
Sometimes it takes 3 days to activate just dns management for my domains.
If and when they do reply , It will be just one lined sentence.
Down times always happen. I have had my clients complain so i had to use my company funds to move all my clients to utiware.net . Oluniyi ajao spends more time on his blog www.davidajao.com/blog/ than with customers.

Tridomainhost.com is a **censored**

I called their customer service one day to inquire about their email hosting.

She was very quick to offer me their GTB account details.

Immediately i paid and called back she began different kind of stories.

first it was that my registration details for my profile is foreign and i explained that the client i have is foreign and my details cannot appear when a whois is done on the domain. I have had this happen before and the client was not happy with this.

I agreed to change all the detail to a nigerian address and use their so called free privacy service to mask the details on the domain so my client would be satisfied.

This i did and for 5 days i was delayed. I spent over 2,000 naira on R.Cards calling and calling until i got an email saying that they needed proof of identity from me. Drivers license and utility bill or bank statement.They said my domain was fraudulent. They said similar domains had been registered and been used for fraud? i explained that any domain can be registered by anyone for any reason and does not mean am related to the person,afterall this is the internet!

On what grounds am i been asked to provide my data the domain had not even been entered in the system and my email hosting had not even been provisioned.

Here is a copy of the email they sent.

In view of the issues surrounding the registration of your domain "esb-trust.net" there is a need to inform you that the domain name you are trying to register is similar to one we have had to suspend recently for fraudulent activities. You will agree that registering a similar name which also bears semblance to that of an existing financial institution is a sensitive matter. We will therefore require that you meet with the terms of the Acceptable Use Policy and Terms of Service.

In order to meet with the terms of the Acceptable Use Policy and Terms of Service that you agreed to on registering for the services, we require that you furnish us with your proof of identity and proof of address.

As Proof of identity, we require either of the following
A National Identity Card
An International Passport
A Driver’s license

As proof of address which you send us a copy of either of the following:
A Utility bill (which should be in the form of PCHN Bill, Water Rate)
A Bank statement

Compliance Dept.
TriDomainHost.com
A unit of Tritech Computers Ltd.
101A Adeniyi Jones Ave.
Ikeja, Lagos
Tel:234-1-4024933, 345-3695

here is my response.

Hello,

Tridomain's attitude to a first time customer is disgusting!
How can allude to the fact that i am involved in fraud?
I have not registered the domain as you know. This means that the service has not been rendered that was payed for.
My services have not been activated neither was my account ever provisioned and so  i demand a refund of my money for the domain name and email hosting.
I have spoken with your staff member a certain Mr Sam.
I do hope that your company will not want to create a bad name for itself.

Regards

I am still on the battle of getting my money from **censored**
I have contacted a lawyer and litigations will start. It will cost me a small fortune but i will make sure they feel the wrath and they will learn and not rip innocent people of their money!

Stay away from these hosting companies. If you need good hosting company with super customer service and uptime please use www.utiware.net

they even offer free sms services and their hosting is super cheap.

I am very satisfied with them.
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by bug24(m): 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2009
@Poster, you are getting what u requested for, two of the hosting companies listed are nightmares, i name names make dem no talk say i dey spoil business for em,

the first one, you are very likely to have proxy problems, (u cant access your website from some internet connections. e.g starcomms and they almost always move ur files from one of their servers to the other, so u can say bye bye to ur emails when this hapens. am currently battling an issue with em regarding the last of 7 websites i hosted with em, the issue is, PLEASE CHANGE THE DNS TO MY COMPANY'S SO WE CAN HOST THIS SITE OURSELVES, guess what, its been 2weeks now and nothin is being done abt it, they aint servicing fine, they aint willing to lose customers, WEIRD !!!)

sECOND, u can always be sure of a good customer service after 3weeks of placing ur request.

bro, na only God go help u get wetin u want.
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by mavtrevor(m): 9:39am On Jul 21, 2009
I have hosted over 10 sites with syskay and has never had any problems of any sort with'em.
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by wollnet: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2009
Dear,

www.livehostingcenter.com offers N8,000 for 500MB per year domain name inclusive. 10 emails, php, mysql and controlpanel 11.

if you have your domain registered just use this MX record - ns1.livehostingcenter.com and ns2.livehostingcenter.com and you are done

Thanks.
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by bug24(m): 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2009
mavtrevor:

I have hosted over 10 sites with syskay and has never had any problems of any sort with'em.

This is very true, if i were to rate all the hosting coys in Nigeria, SYSKAY will be the first, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on.

excellent customer service, as in,,, all customers are treated like family, instantaneous solutions to wateva ur wahala is, gues what, i had a domain runtime checker installed, it reports 100% uptime every 2weeks, what else can one ask for? ur best choice, www.syskay.com

hey !!! i dont work for syskay so dont think am being sentimental. lol, i only use a bulky part of there service. Big Ups to Mr. Kay.
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by Kajona: 9:20am On Jul 24, 2011
There are so many web hosting providers that it is even difficult to determine the best ones out of the lot. However, in getting the best web hosting deals, it all depends on your source of information. Some people regard the best of the web hosting companies to be those that have a low cost while others think it is those who have the largest space. If you want to know the best web hosting company, it is that company that meets your needs and your budget. Let us therefore take a look at some of things to consider in choosing the best of the web hosting companies that matches your needs as well as falls within your budget. In order to choose the best & cheap hosting service make use of this site http://www.thewebpole.com/ . im using hosting here since 6 months . It satisfy my expectation & good in services
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by gabuzee(m): 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2011
THANK GOD I chose Syskay, am really enjoying there Services. My blog is always Up and Running.
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by warrior2: 1:20pm On Jul 25, 2011
I know about this company actually they done a work for me, you can check them out call 0700008888 or log on to www.vconnect.com
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by heebakutty: 10:13am On Oct 21, 2011
thanks for sharing!!
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by heebakutty: 10:14am On Oct 21, 2011
thanks for sharing!!
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by kolawole09: 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2011
check out our web hosting plan at www.nigwebhoster.com if you like it you can give me a call at 08032158409 so that we can talk.
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by navya: 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2011
Hey,

I am using hostgrant hosting services,
I have enjoying with their good services,
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by oyedepo1(m): 1:03am On Oct 22, 2011
The one I am using for all my site and I do not have problem with them is www.naijabloghosting.com. You can also try them out.
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by alleno: 9:25pm On Oct 22, 2011
I am quite disappointed with all the eb hosting companies listed here.
One look at your site and i am more than convinced that you cannot deliver.

So many web hosting companies. Yet, all you can see is so little time dedicated
to creating a welcoming experience for website visitors. Ugly interfaces, no call to action,
no colour or theme considerations, the site just oozes CHEAP and FAKE.

If i were to setup a web hosting company, i would run all this people down in one single
day. I imagine, i am not the only one who has gone through most of the sites recommend
here and felt same way.

Although am sure, someone would say, interface does not matter, i don't need this or that,
i only need good webhosting or customer care. From where i sit, the first thing that will make
me consider hosting with anyone is the website. Take a look at some of the most successful
web hosting companies:

www.rackspace.com
www.mediatemple.net
www.networksolutions.com

They give so much attention to design and user experience, you would never know web hosting
is all they do. To all those who have recommended "your" or others web hosting companies, please
take a look at your site and a look at the examples above and work on your first point of contact
with your clients, it goes a long way.

While i give my 2 pence advice, i will encourage you to prepare your handing over documents as
a better webhosting company is coming soon and am 100%certain, it might just wipe you out of
the market.

Enjoy
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by frisahost(m): 11:23pm On Oct 22, 2011
why not try www.frisahost.com our service and parkage are great.
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by alleno: 8:22am On Oct 23, 2011
Interesting how some people can be so ignorant of previously discussed matters.

@frisahost, why exactly should i give your site a trial? Does your website meet any
of my previous conditions? What you call a website is completely a waste of resources
in my opinion.

What will it cost you to get better quality images for your header banner, or at least use
black people to advertise in a black country. Its possible also that special offers are part
of your logo design!

Only an illiterate would fall for your reasons to choose FrisaHost, one being "- Speed of
Light Setup", what does that mean? As evident in your testimonials section, the kind of people who choose you.

"You have the best service in Nigeria. I have use others but yours is the best because of the great customer care
and great features. I must confess my site have always been up since I started using you guys. You are great!
--- Christian Okeke"

Stop wasting time and resources, sell your hosting business to someone who knows what he or she is doing,
have some small shares in it and be a proud business man before your friends by having something to boast about,
YOU STARTED AN ONLINE BUSINESS AND SOLD IT SUCCESSFULLY.

Next person please!

GUESS I WAS A BIT HARSH! sad
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by cenmegasys: 2:55pm On Oct 24, 2011
You can see our hosting plans here, http://www.centurymegasystem.com/?lang=en&action=webhosting we are not the best, we offer the best services.
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by soloqy: 10:49pm On Oct 24, 2011
alleno:

Interesting how some people can be so ignorant of previously discussed matters.

@frisahost, why exactly should i give your site a trial? Does your website meet any
of my previous conditions? What you call a website is completely a waste of resources
in my opinion.

What will it cost you to get better quality images for your header banner, or at least use
black people to advertise in a black country. Its possible also that special offers are part
of your logo design!

Only an illiterate would fall for your reasons to choose FrisaHost, one being "- Speed of
Light Setup", what does that mean? As evident in your testimonials section, the kind of people who choose you.

"You have the best service in Nigeria. I have use others but yours is the best because of the great customer care
and great features. I must confess my site have always been up since I started using you guys. You are great!
--- Christian Okeke"

Stop wasting time and resources, sell your hosting business to someone who knows what he or she is doing,
have some small shares in it and be a proud business man before your friends by having something to boast about,
YOU STARTED AN ONLINE BUSINESS AND SOLD IT SUCCESSFULLY.

Next person please!

GUESS I WAS A BIT HARSH! sad

ehehehehe, I know how you feel, believe me  grin grin

Like I mentioned in another webhosting companies post, I saw one webhosting company that is a breath of fresh air and a depature from the sort of things we see here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-729243.0.html#msg9385999

Though they still design with tables, they have a better general look and feel, as well as a more realistic pricing of products and services(Not the N1,350 sort of pricing we see here)
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by ysiegel: 12:46pm On Jul 21, 2012
I believe trying out www.ihostafrica.com might start giving optimal trust in local web hosting company, our technical support is great, prices on point, we have presence and proudly Nigerian.
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by mrperfect(m): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2012
Click on my signature or call 08034283159
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 22, 2012
Before you post your money to any web host make sure u had survey a fold as most are dream girls.
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by databoy247(m): 9:15am On Jul 22, 2012
frisahost is no longer existing.
Re: I Need The Best Hosting Now by nasbock(m): 2:59pm On Jul 25, 2012
NairaExpertHost is Currently given Out 1Gb Hosting with 2Gb Bandwidth for free you can contact them at promo@nairaexperthost.com to get yours and it supports URL REDIRECT

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Get Entertainment Forums With Dofollow Backlinks / Top 10 Successful And Professional Female Bloggers In Nigeria / How Do I Charge For Ecommerce Product Upload?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.