Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,253 members, 7,864,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:04 PM

A "Must Read" For All Online Shoppers. - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / A "Must Read" For All Online Shoppers. (631 Views)

Texaco1logistics Shoppers and Resellers communauté / This Is Realy A Right Business For All Online Earning Seekers Because It Is Tested An Ok / The Right Place For All Online Business Guys And Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A "Must Read" For All Online Shoppers. by dante23: 9:48am On Nov 16, 2012
fellow nairalanders,
i just recently signed up and i have been enjoying the way you guys make this place very wonderful. In my spare time, you can almost guarantee that i am logged in. Not to bore you with my boring introduction, let's get to the main event.

Selling phones in the online market world has been much of great worry to me. The very few reasonable ones can be tracked on nairaland or better still, the nationwide known likes of SLOT and Huntella. I do also sell these phones at very affordable rates and ensure a good keep-up with my customers. I always go that extra length to ensure that i give the best at the most competitive and affordable price.

To most of us who check out online reviews and MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of these phones, we would have definitely come across BESTBUY.COM. While online some weeks ago, my eyes caught the address of a site: www.bestbuyng.com. I was amazed that 'best buy' is finally coming to Nigeria (in my mind, there were two things involved; either 'bestbuy' saw and wanted to take advantage of the fast growing Nigerian Market OR it was just some franchise; either ways, it had to meet up to standard)

The prices of the goods on the website are EYE-POPPING and GREED-FEEDING. I took a wise step of not throwing caution to the wind and decided to give their office a visit. Entering the Nigerian Army Shopping Arena yesterday, the environs was partly quiet and also included in my view was "SLOT" so i thought to myself, there must be some rivalry between these two. Typical me, i took a stroll into SLOT to how they were faring in such a quiet environment, lo and behold, there were customers present so i left. To locate EG201 was sort of a challenge as most store owners didnt know where it was situated. i finally located their (BestBuyNg) office and i was horrified but i had to keep my cool. A table, a chair, a lady sitting behind the laptop, a small glass shelf display that was practically empty and there was a metal shelf of drawers and at this point, i simply asked, "is this bestbuy?", a guy sitting near the door answered,"yes,it is". Not to be too forward about the standards i thought they would be meeting, i simply made a requested for the black bold 9900 (aka bold 5)which was on promo on their website. the guy opened one of the metal drawers and brought out a box. Opening the box, he brought out the phone and i was in dismay. Straight up,i told him the phone was used and he looked like his spirit had wandered off to the next shop. He then admitted that it was "UX" (must have wanted to say "US"winkused.The serial number on the phone did not correspond with that on the box. I asked for the price, at this point, he looked at the lady sitting behind the laptop and asked of the price and also made mention of the fact that the phone was on sale for the week. Before going further, i asked of the white bold 5. Before bringing it out, he had already made a comment of its untidy nature. He brought it out and gave the box to me. Opening it, there were leaflets of Sony Ericcson in a Blackberry box (shocking, right? for a phone that was to be sold brand new). i then asked that how come all their phones aint new, he replied that the new ones cost more than the prices pasted online (of which the prices online are tagged on New Products, if you dont believe, check for yourself www.bestbuyng.com). He the said that the new ones are at their other store that he'd go get them (Typical scam of Computer Village),he went out of the office but i decided to stand outside their shop.i was offered to take a seat inside but i refused. the guy walked some 6 shops away and not knowing i was looking, he started walking back. he got to the shop and told me that their other shop was closed. i laughed in my mind and left. By the time their members of staff read this, they would remember who came by.

Please be careful where you buy your goods. Dont because of mouth-watering offers get scammed. It is still a challenge for me on how to sell online, yet that is where most of the potential buyers seem to have relocated. i mightsoon be joining the sellers here on nairaland though. Please do not because of this write-up, throw caution into the wind when i start making my offers. Inspect before Payment. Have a nice day.

(1) (Reply)

Customised Forex Robot. Makes 100% Daily, 560 Days Record. / Don't Miss My FREE Fiverr User Guide. Offer Ends Today.. / Succession Planning And Change Management Strategies – A Private Workshop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.