Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Can We Start A Revolution ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Start A Revolution ? (497 Views)

Nigeria Needs A Revolution - Pastor Tunde Bakare / SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) / A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Start A Revolution ? by Soulcaine(m): 3:52pm On Nov 16, 2012
The question as has been asked as above, can we start a revolution ?

Like for a yes.
Put down your statement for a no.

I think yes we can!

There is only a limited length to which a twig will bend and either return back with a slap or...snap!

Your take please

3 Likes

Re: Can We Start A Revolution ? by Bernd2(m): 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2012
You could start it yes, but why would you bother when youd get shot
Re: Can We Start A Revolution ? by Caseless: 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2012
YES

It dosn't get to this stage in some countries before the people take to the street.
The problem with nigerians is that; they look at death from the selfish corner....nobody want to die for others to live. We got our independence without shedding blood , so u dont expect every other good things to come our way easily....revolution is long overdue!

Ethnic and religious bigotry are surely goin to be the stumbling blocks to such moves.....i'm sure u saw how subsidy protest was sectionalised last time. So, if the leaders are from ur religion, region, hometown, tribe etc, you will not support any move that will upstage them....that's our major problem.

you don't see anywhere in the world where a population as youthful as ours is kept under political siege like it is in this country. I blame the youth anyway, 'cos nobody thinks on how to make things right anymore, rather, they've taken the name of seperatists/seccessionists.

REVOLUTION is maxism, but i think i support it! *grabs my AK*
Re: Can We Start A Revolution ? by Stallion77(f): 5:02pm On Nov 16, 2012
NO! You quit too easy!
Re: Can We Start A Revolution ? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:13pm On Nov 16, 2012
The dynamics of a revolution has evolved since the movement in the sands of Egypts (LET MY PEOPLE GO). grin
I cannot post in detail (I have been banned severally) but yes you can have revolution in Nigeria.. a sweeping movement that will bring about a complete annihilation of corrupt institutions and the reigning government of our time as well as ensure that the nation that rises from the ashes is well-equipped to grow and stand proudly among the league of nations as a progressive economy, one to be emulated as truly a Giant of Africa. like i said, i will be banned. wink
Re: Can We Start A Revolution ? by omosexy1: 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2012
This is a very funny post. I guess you eat 3 square meals or someone is providing it for you. Nigeria do not need a violent revolution, we are already tensed. We have religious breakout, we have communal fights, we have militants in Niger delta, we have boko haram. Just a week of strike alone, there was robbery chaos in lagos. Think of a revolution where no government exist, I can easily walk up to my neighbour and shoot her for not greeting me in the morning. The aftermath of a Nigerian revolution (if it can be resolved) would be drastic because every man would not want to let go off their guns.
Re: Can We Start A Revolution ? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 16, 2012
OP it's a simple issue. You want a revolution? Set yourself on fire like the guy in Tunisia.
Re: Can We Start A Revolution ? by ochukoccna: 7:21pm On Nov 16, 2012
Stallion77: NO! You quit too easy!
This paid ebele apologist nails the point here. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can We Start A Revolution ? by Callotti: 1:32am On Nov 17, 2012
On what grounds?
I see none! kiss
Imbe-ciles do not start revolutions.
Dangerous to the ecosystems and purely wasted sacrifices! kiss
Re: Can We Start A Revolution ? by PointB: 8:04am On Nov 17, 2012
@Op,
Sure why not. Set yourself ablaze in front on the national assembly. Perhaps that would help them pass the PIB and start taking regionalism seriously. You wouldn't die for nothing!
Re: Can We Start A Revolution ? by nifemi01(m): 8:11am On Nov 17, 2012
Abegi, revolution for naija? Not possible.
One thing i have learnt about the people of this nation is that if u push us against the wall instead of fighting back, we dig and claw into the wall.

(1) (Reply)

The Biafrans Have Gone ? / Analyse This: / Gunmen ‘burn Churches, Border Posts’ In Borno.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.