Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,111 members, 7,860,024 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:13 AM

2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri (13959 Views)

Armed Robber Lynched By Mob In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) / Robbers Who Stole Huge Sum Of Money Set Ablaze By Mob In Anambra(Graphics Pic) / Suspected Suicide Bomber Burnt Alive By Mob In Gombe (PIC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by misterhillz(m): 11:21pm On Nov 16, 2012
pweety_tonie: Those guys robbed my sister and her husband...took everything in their house frm plasma tv down to sunshades and ring mtcheEeeew.Feel kinda sorry for them sha I prayed for them but not that they shud die sha
sorry my dear.u can see how heartless they r.dnt pray for them.they dnt deserve it
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by franchizy(m): 11:26pm On Nov 16, 2012
PapaBrowne: Owerri – The police in Owerri on Friday said a mob killed two [i]suspected [/i]members of a four-man robbery gang, [i]believed [/i]to have been terrorising residents of Spibat area of Akwakuma, Owerri.

The Public Relations Officer of the state Police Command, Mr Vitalis Onugu, told reporters that the suspects were arrested by members of the Special Anti-Robbery squad at the state Criminal Investigation Department (CID) who responded to a distress call.

He said the two suspects were first arrested by the local vigilance group operating in Spibat area in Akwakuma and about to be lynched by the mob when the police arrived at the scene and rescued them.

The investigation is a normal thing to b done by the police. I think you shud be d one dat wud ve told d other two in there hideout that there colleagues ve been killed cos there is no how they will hear it.
I guess u are of dem else u won't write or ask such stupid questions

“Responding to the call, the anti robbery squad got there and found the suspects already tied down with tyres around their necks and were about to be burned alive.

“They were rescued but at the point of death as a result of machete cuts dealt on them by the angry mob. They died before we could get them to the hospital.

“However, one of the suspects, Buchi, from Akpodim in Mbaise, Imo, managed to describe to the policemen the location of their hideout before he died,” he said.

Onugu said the police immediately swung into action and arrested two other suspects in a thick bush behind Orji Mechanic Village in an uncompleted building.

The suspects were alleged to have dispossessed people of their laptops, cell phones, plasma television sets and ATM [/b]cards, Onugu said.

He said that items recovered from the suspects included Indian hemp, charms and magical instruments, assorted SIM cards, cell phones and white candles with an inscription “white confusion”.

The police spokesman also said that loaded double barrel shotguns and other dangerous weapons were recovered from the suspects.

[b][size=14pt]He said a full investigation into the incident had begun.[/size]
(NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/2-robbery-suspects-killed-by-mob-in-owerri-police/

Please people. Analyse the highlighted.
Questions to ask:

How did the vigilante group disarm the "armed" robbers without shooting at them?
How come the reporter didn't speak of any of the victims of the robbers?
So even after the other two suspects were aware that their fellow thieves were caught, they still went to their hideout??

While these guys might truly have been thieves, which crime is worse: Killing or stealing??

Your analysis shows u are one of dem. The police are entitled to do investigation into d killing. Also I tink u shud b the one to tell d two arrested in there hideout dat there colleagues ve bin killed cos there is no way they could get d info

3 Likes

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by COOLDUN: 11:46pm On Nov 16, 2012
bobosydney: I don't blame people that make jungle justice or kill robbers . I really support the action of jungle justice for arm robbers because if you or your family ever be the victim of arm robbers , you will never pity robbers . They came to my parents house and beat my mother and grabbed my 7 years old sister with machete and gun that if my mother didn't bring money ,they are going to kill my sister . If i see any arm robber suspects , i will be the first person to cut off his head . The situation still traumatizing my 7 year old sister now

I support your point 1000% and joined you in praying for all these Armed Robbers/Criminals human rights campaigners on this nairaland to be the next victims of the armed Robbers and other criminal related activities this night. Let them then capture the Armed Robbers and treat them well, in order to show an example to the Nigerian angry mobs, they accuse of being barbaric. Poverty have entered so many Nigerians’ brains, that is why they are always confused in their statements. We are crying of corruption in the system today, but we forget that many of your legislooters and lawbreakers in NASS, are former/present ly Armed Robbers, sponsors. And protectors. For jungle justice to stop, criminality should stop first. Those who oppose jungle justice should carry out an ANTI CRIME Campaign, those of you the armed robbers on nairaland forum, I advise you guys to stop crime or die in the hands of the angry mobs. The choice is yours now.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by misterhillz(m): 11:50pm On Nov 16, 2012
COOLDUN:

I support your point 1000% and joined you in praying for all these Armed Robbers/Criminals human rights campaigners on this nairaland to be the next victims of the armed Robbers and other criminal related activities this night. Let them then capture the Armed Robbers and treat them well, in order to show an example to the Nigerian angry mobs, they accuse of being barbaric. Poverty have entered so many Nigerians’ brains, that is why they are always confused in their statements. We are crying of corruption in the system today, but we forget that many of your legislooters and lawbreakers in NASS, are former/present ly Armed Robbers, sponsors. And protectors. For jungle justice to stop, criminality should stop first. Those who oppose jungle justice should carry out an ANTI CRIME Campaign, those of you the armed robbers on nairaland forum, I advise you guys to stop crime or die in the hands of the angry mobs. The choice is yours now.
i support u 1million % u have spoken my mind.
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by toluene12: 11:53pm On Nov 16, 2012
Mr human right, the only right an armed robber has is the right to be killed. Listen well and tell ur fellow colleagues.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by pacharles1(m): 12:08am On Nov 17, 2012
Freiburger:
Even if they were caught red- handed, they still got what is called HUMAN RIGHT.

Mr. HUMAN RIGHT... Read this and open that canal you call a mouth!!
http://naijamayor.com/the-shot-400l-medical-students-chioma-obikel-buried/
Imagine the grieve posed on this family! Imagine the pain they are going through and you sit behind the computer to campaign for the advocacy of HUMAN RIGHT to hoodlums?...... Let me ask you a question as an armed robber that you are, if this was to happen to your sister, what would you do?

R.I.P CHIOMA OBIKIEL

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by COOLDUN: 12:11am On Nov 17, 2012
CONJI: The laws are made for the poor,
The laws affects the poor too,
Where do we manufacture guns and bullets in the country?
Who are the people peddling these arms?
What do you understand by arm?
What happened to those who armed themselves with immunity to rub the public?
Have we constituted a mob action on them?
What constitute the high rate of social vices in the country?
Is only the rubbers that constitute the social ills,NO!
Rubbers and police are the handiwork of the leaders.
They brought these confiscated arms in the country.
They also create police and use them in their own way for their selfish interest.
God will punish them for making the law and also break the law.

How many times have you heard that armed robbers robbed the so called leaders? Why robbing and killing the poor people like them? Can a poor man afford the price of sophisticated weapon? How can you justify a man who robe his/her fellow poor man/woman and kill him/her for not being able to bring out money which he /she doesn’t have? Have you ever heard of a boy who was forced to sleep with his mother because they couldn’t afford money which the armed robbers wanted? Have you heard how innocent night travelling passengers were laid on the express road by the armed robbers, and were crushed by a fleeing lorry? Have you heard how under aged girls students travelling from Enugu to Lagos were robbed, raped and humiliated by the armed robbers? Have you heard of a man whose five fingers were cut off because he told armed robbers that all fingers are not equal, when they asked him why he didn’t give them much cash like his co tenants? Have you heard of how a 5 month pregnant wife of man was sexed to a miscarriage in the presence of his husband by the armed robbers? If you have experienced an attack from the armed robbers before, I know that you will not be forming the Martin Luther King, on the nairaland forum. If you are an Armed Robber/Criminal, I plead to you to change from today, because Nigeria Mobs begin their killings from the captured Armed Robbers/Criminals before the ones in power.

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by misterhillz(m): 12:16am On Nov 17, 2012
pa charles:

Mr. HUMAN RIGHT... Read this and open that canal you call a mouth!!
http://naijamayor.com/the-shot-400l-medical-students-chioma-obikel-buried/
Imagine the grieve posed on this family! Imagine the pain they are going through and you sit behind the computer to campaign for the advocacy of HUMAN RIGHT to hoodlums?...... Let me ask you a question as an armed robber that you are, if this was to happen to your sister, what would you do?

R.I.P CHIOMA OBIKIEL
my condolence goes to her family and loved ones..it must be a hard time for them.see this fine girl just go like that.leave that idiot advocating for armed robbers.i guess he wants armed robbers to be walking freely after their barbaric acts.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Michky: 1:04am On Nov 17, 2012
Freiburger: We are all victims of a failed system as i said earlier. killing rubbery suspects with machets is wrong. I don't need to be a victim before i can understand what human right is.
This one na armed robber. CONFIRM!!

3 Likes

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Alishachris: 3:27am On Nov 17, 2012
"FREE Report Shows You How You Can Achieve 5 Times More At No Cost"

Become a better You Today! Enjoy all the good things that life has to offer.

Also get Free 1999 Nigerian Costitution (2004 reviewed). Refuse to be intimidated!

Click the links below to download:

http://www.4shared.com/office/R2yYe7Of/BETTER_YOU.html
http://www.4shared.com/office/dv-OBGwB/constitution_FRN_third_altecat.html
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Jerie(m): 3:37am On Nov 17, 2012
To my mind, there are two speciess of antelopes defending armed robbers. The wisdom of one specie is limited while the stupidity of the other is unlimited.
The first are the human rights species. Maybe when they rape their daughters and shoot your sons, their senses will awaken. They fail to understand that the rights of a man do not provide him with the grounds to infringe upon the rights of another. Armed robbers do not have a right to even a decent death, the only right they have is to decent burial.
On the other hand, to the bullfrogs croaking 'Investigation, Prosecution, Trial', you folks are just plain dumb. Have you ever heard of 'dilligent prosecution, burden of proof, voluntariness of statement, fitness to stand trial, insufficient evidence to ground conviction, alibi, etc? By the time these robbers get a ragtag lawyer and get off the hook, they will turn on you.
IMO, this system of jungle justice will soon catch up wt perpetrators of other crimes. Let us call a spade a spade and not an oversize spoon.

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by kenbee(f): 3:45am On Nov 17, 2012
There is nothing new here only that it now gets reported because of the info tech (internet) and wide coverage of Aluu 4.
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by bestower: 4:38am On Nov 17, 2012
omiobo: One need to be careful to avoid wrong accusation.
One needs not to thread thru the line of getting accused.
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by bobosydney: 5:01am On Nov 17, 2012
COOLDUN:

Cooldun , thank you bro and you have said the truth words . i feel like crying when i went to Nigeria to see my family and my 7 years old always get scared and paranoid when she see any strangers around the house . Nigeria is not the only country that got problems and i've met other people from different countries that told me that if their country can have what Nigeria got , they will be happy . Nigeria not that too bad like some countries. I think we Nigerians are just to greedy and majority of us want to make quick money to show off.

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by pastormmadu(m): 5:31am On Nov 17, 2012
When armed kill innocent citizens, we call it unfortunate. Wen mob kill armed robbers, we start pitying them, fighting for their right †̥☺ live, criticising their killers aηϑ making it look like they were unfairly dealt with. Are we really advocating for armed robbers? Do armed robbery need †̥☺ be signed into law as an occupation? Ψђу crying for an armed robber, wen уσυ knw that ƒσя a single armed robber killed, 100 potential victims have been saved? Yes, they should be beaten aηϑ handed over †̥☺ police...hmmm? ♓☺w many armed robbers v уσυ seen without scars all over the body 4rm †ђξ previous beating he have received 4rm many unfortunate robbery? I v seen a circumstance Ψђε̲̣̣я̲̅ε̲̣̣ a guy was shot †̥☺ death just becos he refused that †ђξ robber will rape the younger sister iπ his presence, aηϑ tomorrow уσυ will tell m̶̥̊e the robber should be beaten aηϑ allowed †̥☺ go iπ peace. Robbers kill, aηϑ deserve †̥☺ be killed, I can't pity them one bit
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Chynx(m): 5:35am On Nov 17, 2012
Freiburger:
what do you want me to read again? can't your see the need for more training techniques on how to capture criminals for the Nigerian police force?
Lol. When a man knows what awaits him if he is caught in the very act of robbing, killing or maiming people and decides to keep trying his luck, then he shouldn't be surprised when his luck runs out. I doubt if you've experienced robbery first hand before. Maábasi, u go get different opinion.

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by totorimi: 5:44am On Nov 17, 2012
JUNGLE JUSTICE IS THE ONLY WAY OUT IN NAIJA, EVERYTHING IS UPSIDE DOWN SO IN SO FAR AS POLICE CANNOT PROTECT US ANY ATTEMPTED ATTEMPT IN MY HOOD IS AUTOMATIC JUNGLE JUSTICE. OPERATION NO MERCY IN ACHAKPO AREA. SO IF YOU LOVE YOUR LIFE DONT MESS WITH MY HOOD BECAUSE EVERY FAMILY HAS A PICK AXE TO CARRY OUT INSTANT JUDGEMENT. DO ME I DO YOU GOD NO VEX
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Chynx(m): 5:46am On Nov 17, 2012
PapaBrowne:

My own prayer for you would have been that while you live your house someone would accuse you of something you didn't do and you would be mobbed without the option of justice. But no, I would pray that happens because I'm not a babrbaric murderer.

You are either highly unitelligent or you didn't read the article. Because if you are or did, you would know that there was no way the police were telling the truth. No half way dead person would have the strength to tell you his hide out.

For intelligent folks out there, please reread the highlighted portions of the article below and ask questions

Have u experienced the act of "dying halfway" before? grin . Don't play with guns dear...especially wen u know that people around u frown @ d idea of brandishing weapons...u just might be weaponized!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by bobosydney: 5:52am On Nov 17, 2012
After my family incidents from armed robbers , there is more than 5 people among my neigbours in my street that went to get Gun and license and say they are ready to shoot any criminal that come to terrorize our street because they don't trust police and they are ready to defend themselves .

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Chynx(m): 5:53am On Nov 17, 2012
Please everybody cannot easily come to a compromise jor. Lets make it fair: If you know u would rather spare an armed robber after doing whatever to you or your family/general public, say 'aye'...and if u think otherwise, say 'nay'...cos we need these robbers "who deserve to be set free" to know their safe havens. As for me, I didn't purchase my Reiz Magnum to shoot at birds!
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Chynx(m): 5:58am On Nov 17, 2012
bobosydney: After my family incidents from armed robbers , there is more than 5 people among my neigbours in my street that went to get Gun and license and say they are ready to shoot any criminal that come to terrorize our street because they don't trust police and they are ready to defend themselves .
Gbabeh! With or without sound policing, a man is supposed to defend himself and his family when he can. As for me, Reiz Magnum all d way through the heart of any ailing hoodlum!
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by bobosydney: 6:01am On Nov 17, 2012
Chynx:
Gbabeh! With or without sound policing, a man is supposed to defend himself and his family when he can. As for me, Reiz Magnum all d way through the heart of any ailing hoodlum!
Hahaha, that is true
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by lukecent: 6:03am On Nov 17, 2012
Freiburger:
All these has got to do with failed system.
U re part of dat failed system
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Johndoe100(m): 6:15am On Nov 17, 2012
Most people don't understand how frightening and disturbing the part in bold is. Murder is now fashionable and acceptable.

PapaBrowne: The big question is this:

Murdering of innocent people(innocent until proven guilty) or stealing of laptops, which is a graver crime?
The police is bragging about arresting the rest of the criminals?? How about the murderers that perpetuated the more grievous crime of beating to death people that were unarmed?

This society is broken. We the people are the problem. Imagine the number of potential murderers that exist in this country? Why is it that anytime there is mob action, there whole community is in support?

The guy standing next to you is a potential murderer. If someone erroneously accuses you of theft, you are turned to kpomo in less than an hour.

This is not the failure of government. This is a simply a culture of cannibalism. Probably a hundred million murderers in this country. Gotta go somewhere else men. Gotta go!!
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by passwordgiver: 6:40am On Nov 17, 2012
I support d angry mobs becos am not armed robber,but our politican"s are robbers not with arms,but they used police as there arms,so d police & d politicans are nigerian armed robbers what are we going to do them any where we see them

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by passwordgiver: 6:46am On Nov 17, 2012
see them

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 17, 2012
They came to our house around 1 a m some years ago, collected money, valuables, raped my mother and younger sister and shot my dad on the leg. When our neighbour heard the gunshot, he started blowing his siren the robbers thought it was the police and rushed out of the house; my elder brother and a friend who was visiting rushed after the last guy and caught him the others didn't know. They pulled him inside the house barricaded the door and gave him the kind of torture only Jack Bauer can think of. I provided the stick they put inside his pen.is. In the morning, the neighbour that blew the siren came to our house and saw the guy cos we don't know what to do to him again,he took him away and we never know what happened to him and we never asked cos the neighbour was a retired army guy. While all these was going on my other siblings took my sister, mum and dad to hospital, they are okay but the psychological trauma is indelible. So in essence, if caught redhanded if you have the heart do away with them but if you don't, hand them over to the police.

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 17, 2012
Double post
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by agitator: 8:50am On Nov 17, 2012
An old woman is always uneasy when dry bones are mentioned in proverb. - Chinua Achebe.

all these armed robbers on nairaland, your advocacy ends on nairaland. continue to steal and you will be burned to death.

Nobody has ever been mistakenly accused as robbers and killed most times these robbers that are lynched are killed when they are caught while performing the acting.

It is even the POLICE THAT ACCUSE INNOCENT VICTIM IN ORDER TO EXTORT MONEY FROM THEM, if they are not willing to play ball they are eventually charged to court and wallow in prison for years awaiting trial.
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Chynx(m): 8:53am On Nov 17, 2012
Dr young: They came to our house around 1 a m some years ago, collected money, valuables, raped my mother and younger sister and shot my dad on the leg. When our neighbour heard the gunshot, he started blowing his siren the robbers thought it was the police and rushed out of the house; my elder brother and a friend who was visiting rushed after the last guy and caught him the others didn't know. They pulled him inside the house barricaded the door and gave him the kind of torture only Jack Bauer can think of. I provided the stick they put inside his pen.is. In the morning, the neighbour that blew the siren came to our house and saw the guy cos we don't know what to do to him again,he took him away and we never know what happened to him and we never asked cos the neighbour was a retired army guy. While all these was going on my other siblings took my sister, mum and dad to hospital, they are okay but the psychological trauma is indelible. So in essence, if caught redhanded if you have the heart do away with them but if you don't, hand them over to the police.
My dear, if I don't have the heart, I will go and look for where I can borrow one Simple. I wont kill him o; no. I will give him a chance to live...if he can solve d puzzle. Simply tie his hands and legs firmly behind him; attach him to an engine block wait till nightfall; cruise with him to the middle of a bridge and toss the engine block into d water. At least I didn't toss him into the water...the engine block did. If he can untie himself, fine; but I definitely wont do that for him. Lawyers bear me witness ooo grin grin grin
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by PerpetuaAlaoma(f): 9:57am On Nov 17, 2012
May God have mercy on us all. These idea of blood shed without being pronounced guilty or condermed by a judge simply means the world is close to its end. The heart of man is evil than I thought & if the papentrators don't stop this, they or those who withness such is heading for doom. May God help nigeriacos we are lost already
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by psychu: 11:47am On Nov 17, 2012
Most of the people condemning the act are definitely not in Nigeria. You are in a place where you call police and they respond immediately. If you have ever been a victim and know how hopeless our police are you will start thinking differently. This is a country where all the institutions have failed so you provide everything including security for yourself.
You heard just recently how some people were shot by the same police after armed robbers have come and gone.
I have personally seen a known criminal apprehended while obtaining a woman’s handbag/cell phones at gun point, he was caught and handed over to the police by street vigilante, only for us to start seeing the same boy in the neighborhood less than a month later, he continued obtaining people until he was mobbed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OPC, NSCDC Arrests 4 Suspected Kidnappers In Ibarapa, Oyo State / NDLEA Uncovers Cannabis Warehouse In Benue State / EFCC Arrests 18 Suspected Illegal Oil Bunkerers In Port Harcourt (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.