Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Dutch Hotel Prides Itself For Being ‘world’s Worst Hotel’ - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dutch Hotel Prides Itself For Being ‘world’s Worst Hotel’ (1644 Views)

See World’s Worst Traffic Jam As It Happened In China - Despite having 48 lanes / Photos: Dutch Cyclists Reach Nigeria / The World's Worst Airports: Dirty Bathrooms, Large Crowds, And Bad Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dutch Hotel Prides Itself For Being ‘world’s Worst Hotel’ by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 17, 2012
Dutch Hotel Prides Itself
For Being ‘World’s Worst
Hotel’

16 Nov 2012

Amsterdam budget hotel
Hans Brinker Budget Hostel—which proclaimed itself to be the worst hotel in the world—has been “proudly disappointing travellers for forty years”.
Warning guests that they
will be staying at the hostel at their own risk—which may include food poisoning and mental breakdown—the
owners are not only open
about their low standard of hospitality and awful
amenities, but appear to be using it to set themselves apart from the competition.
Going so far as to produce
a series of funny, tongue-
in-cheek advertising slogans that highlight its
shortcomings—such as “It
can’t get any worse, but we do our best.”—the hostel’s reverse-psychology approach seems to be working.
For some reason, most of
the hostel’s cell-like rooms
are filled these days—
perhaps its unapologetic
notoriety attracts curious
visitors like moths to a
flame.
Would you stay in the
worst hotel in the world?
[via Oddity Central]

www.designtaxi.com/news/354387/Dutch-Hotel-Prides-Itself-For-Being-World-s-Worst-Hotel/

Re: Dutch Hotel Prides Itself For Being ‘world’s Worst Hotel’ by koolmd: 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2012
Hello house, any nairalander in Netherlands. I need info on where to find good Nigerian or African dishes. I''ll prefer somewhere near the central station or Dam Square.
Re: Dutch Hotel Prides Itself For Being ‘world’s Worst Hotel’ by megastu(m): 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2012
I am in Amsterdam. You might not get any African Restaurant around the central station. Try Yim Kan behind Hotel Barbizon at the central station otherwise take metro to Bilmer Arena, you will get loads of African Restaurants.
Re: Dutch Hotel Prides Itself For Being ‘world’s Worst Hotel’ by koolmd: 4:20pm On Nov 19, 2012
Did u mean tram? How do I get there from the central station? What line do I take ? Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Travelling Out Of The Country For The First Time. Any Tips? / Nigerians Living In Houston Texas / Làmèštîçà

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.