Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Don't Write Me Off On Music - Tonto Dike - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don't Write Me Off On Music - Tonto Dike (538 Views)

Mavin Artistes Don't Write Their Songs Alone - Reekado Banks Reveals #chattabox / Tonto Dike Is Pregnant–see What She Posted On Instagram / ‘I Was Disvirgined By Don Jazzy’ – Tonto Dike Tweets [FAKE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Write Me Off On Music - Tonto Dike by dondumex: 10:14am On Nov 17, 2012
As a result of the avalanche of criticism that greeted her recent foray into music, one of Nollywood’s big guns, Tonto Dikeh, appears resolved to give singing her best shot.

Some music pundits and artistes had expected her to hang her microphone and focus on her acting career, but the graduate of petrochemical engineering from the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Nkpolu, will not be deterred.

She says, “Criticism is good. Only a person that does not want to get better in her profession would not want to be criticised. But what I don’t like is personal or destructive criticism. I’ve not said I’m a perfect singer, I’m not. My critics should be patient with me. Don’t write me off. I will get better with time, I am a fast learner.”

On why her song became a heated debate among music enthusiasts, she smiled and said, “I believe in exploring all my God-given talents. I ventured into music because I wanted millions of people to listen to my songs and so far, so good. The feedback has been encouraging; not as bad as some said.”

Incidentally, Dikeh’s songs Itz Ova and High recorded over three million online downloads within its 24 hours of release. She described it as a big feat and attributed it to her loyal fans.

“I am encouraged by the comments of the beautiful people out there. I will get better, trust me,” Dikeh added.
Re: Don't Write Me Off On Music - Tonto Dike by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 17, 2012
nigerians just like unconstructive criticisms.they just enjoy criticizing,mocking and bringing others down just for the fun of it.before i listened to her songs,hi and the second one i heard a lot of maliciousstatements about her and i was like is that song that bad,i chose not to say anything or respond until i hear the song and when i heard the song i was like haba,its not as bad as the way people exaggerated it to be,at least thats her first attempt and for a first attempt thats fair enough.u people should cut some slack,after the whole noise about tontos wacky song i asked one of her critics that sent a malicious animation to my wall on facebook who happens to be a good friend of mine,i said jim have u listened to her song before u sent this stuff he said no and i said why? he said her song is rubbish joor,i said jim u have not listened to her song and you are there criticizing her.i was like its ok to criticize as long as its reasonable and objective,but simply bringing other peoples work down because other people are doing it is just sheer foolishness.am not really a fan of her but ask people why they say her songs are fu cked up and you will start hearing things that are not exactly rational

(1) (Reply)

Rick Ross Named Bawse Of The Year By GQ Magazine / Video: D’ Banj & Former Miss USA/ Atlanta Housewives Star On Stage In Houston / VIDEO: ‘love Me Quick’ By Stella Damasus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.