Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,574 members, 7,955,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:27 PM

Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? (12418 Views)

15 Words You Should Eliminate From Your Vocabulary To Sound Smarter / How Many Did This, Back In Secondary School Days? (pics) / Nigerian Words You Thought Were English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2012
Even an English language first-class holder graduate could still periodically come across words that he probably has no single idea of what the first & last alphabets are until he uses a dictionary, an encyclopedia or the internet lol. It is inevitable no matter how intelligent you think you may be.

I personally had problems with the spelling of "catahr" & "pneumonia" way back then in my primary school days and I remember sitting in the air for hours sweating profusely as a punishment for failing to spell them correctly.

Did you have similar experience? What are the words?

1 Like

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by abiL(f): 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2012
Diarrhoea.

I find it hard to spell that word. Thank God for auto-correct on my phone.

2 Likes

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 17, 2012
abiL: Diarrhoea.

I find it hard to spell that word. Thank God for auto-correct on my phone.
Yeah. Mobile auto-correct dictionary is cool & it helps. I once relied on it sometime ago but now depend on a magnificent windows software called "eType" to get virtually all my spelling right.

Ideally, no one is 100% super perfect in spelling most especially on keyboard were spelling errors are vulnerable smiley
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Gboliwe: 1:12pm On Nov 17, 2012
Pneumonia was it.
OP, you still cant spell catarrh. Lol.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 17, 2012
Gboliwe: Pneumonia was it.
OP, you still cant spell catarrh. Lol.
lol. That very spelling has always being hell for me right the birth of Metusalah till the end of the world. Thanks for the correction smiley

1 Like

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by cdamsel(f): 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2012
For me Its was Exercise & guarantee lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 17, 2012
Mine were deceive, believe, perceive, receive..
My problem was with the placement of 'I' and 'e',
But thank God for my then English mistress grin

5 Likes

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by olawalebabs(m): 2:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
Exercise and Choir

1 Like

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Adanyebe(m): 4:25pm On Nov 17, 2012
I FOUND IT HARD TO SPELL MY NAME grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by MYCPACASH(m): 4:25pm On Nov 17, 2012
Massachusetts

2 Likes

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by dramenda(f): 4:26pm On Nov 17, 2012
PHARMACEUTICAL = I SPELL IN PRONOUNCE IT AS,FAMASICUTICA.LOL

1 Like

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Ramcie(f): 4:27pm On Nov 17, 2012
hornipipe: Mine were deceive, believe, perceive, receive..
My problem was with the placement of 'I' and 'e',
But thank God for my then English mistress grin

Was good with the above spellings cos my mum always made me say these famous lines " I comes before E except after C"

15 Likes

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Ramcie(f): 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2012
Had a problem with spelling "Kwashiorkor "
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 17, 2012
Any word that started with psych like psychology, psychopath, psychiatric...I always had difficulty in spelling them correctly. I still do sometimes but thank goodness for auto correct.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Redmosquito(m): 4:29pm On Nov 17, 2012
Redmosquito: Tell me to spell "because" I will just die.
Minion: Chai! Your mumu no small ooo!
Redmosquito: Ehn... Me sef know! Na G-things just full my brain dat time

1 Like

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Iaz93: 4:29pm On Nov 17, 2012
Spirit. .disease

1 Like

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by shadrach77: 4:30pm On Nov 17, 2012
Nebuchadnezzar was quite difficult to spell grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by chic2pimp(m): 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2012
BabaSuwe.. Don't know why though
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Emmyk(m): 4:32pm On Nov 17, 2012
cdamsel: For me Its was Exercise & guarantee lipsrsealed
Ede times Ede, Remi Koni Iya, shegun elere Bolu Odabor odabor Kayode. (exercise book).. If u catch my drift. #reflections

11 Likes

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2012
Redmosquito: Redmosquito: Tell me to spell "because" I will just die.
Minion: Chai! Your mumu no small ooo!
Redmosquito: Ehn... Me sef know! Na G-things just full my brain dat time
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked what happened to Hades?

2 Likes

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Emmyk(m): 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2012
shadrach77: Nebuchadnezzar was quite difficult to spell grin grin grin
sure. Buh I help myself by constantly counting it. Anything less or more than 14letters is off course.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by xrazzy(m): 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2012
PNEUMONIA AND DOUBT
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by wellmax(m): 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2012
First word I learnt τ̅☺ spell was EXERCISE BOOK
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by kuzzieOtiz: 4:35pm On Nov 17, 2012
I used to confuse Affect and Effect cheesy

1 Like

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2012
Ramcie:

Was good with the above spellings cos my mum always made me say these famous lines " I comes before E except after C"
lol nice one but did she teach you because of those words? Or it had another meaning?
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Kolade9(m): 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2012
That time that i am in school,i can nt spelled ticha...it his a hard things to spelled that time...but nw i am a baba in spelling a words.

2 Likes

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2012
cdamsel: For me Its was Exercise & guarantee lipsrsealed

The word 'Exercise' also challenged me too. So I always refer to my Exercise book for the correct spelling. Too bad smiley

3 Likes

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by markus1133: 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2012
not at all
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Ramcie(f): 4:41pm On Nov 17, 2012
hornipipe: lol nice one but did she teach you because of those words? Or it had another meaning?

She taught me cos of my difficulty in spelling those words. I recently read it online also on an article about spelling difficulties .I guess she had known it way before or after I was born.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Redmosquito(m): 4:44pm On Nov 17, 2012
ItsModella:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked what happened to Hades?
Minion: Mortal! The price of royal meal is having big effect on everybody

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Name The Seven Brave Hunters In D O Fagunwa's Book / Strike: ASUU Accuses FG Of Deceit As Minister Explains Payment Delay / How Did You Carry Your School Bag Then?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.