Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,027 members, 7,956,805 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:29 PM

I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. (2057 Views)

Chief M.k.o Abiola: A Hero, A Legend, A True Democrat!!! / Is Jonathan Really A Democrat? / "I Am A Former Military Ruler, Now A Converted Democrat" - GMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by Freewilly(f): 7:36am On Feb 06, 2008
What are the crazy Republicans thinking voting for the old man McCain, I can't believe McCain is now the front runner for the republican party. This is a very sad night for my old party "Republican party" One of my biggest idols and the poster child for the republican party Ann Coulter the other day on Fox News said she would vote for Hillary  before she supports McCain. Very Very sad night for America. cry cry cry
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by almondjoy(f): 8:36am On Feb 06, 2008
Freewilly:

What are the crazy Republicans thinking voting for the old man McCain, I can't believe McCain is now the front runner for the republican party. This is a very sad night for my old party "Republican party" One of my biggest idols and the poster child for the republican party Ann Coulter the other day on Fox News said she would vote for Hillary  before she supports McCain. Very Very sad night for America. cry cry cry

Welcome aboard!  You will never regret it. kiss

I am happy that most Americans realize that there is not much of a difference between the democrats and the republicans.  When push comes to shove, they will act in the exact same way given the same circumstances.  An American is an American regardless of the race, color, religion or sex!

"WE" all love our country!!!! kiss

So do not let your heart be troubled at all.  Enjoy the elections and don't think twice about "The Man Who Will Be King"!!!
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by fatherab1: 10:11am On Feb 06, 2008
old man or experience?
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 06, 2008
Why is it unbelievable to you?
An average American is afraid of change, afraid to try new things, doesn't want to leave Iraq, want to continue to be the world police, doesn't give a damn about any other country except US.
Of course the only way to keep up with this old order is to get the old war veteran McCain on board. A man who said he doesn't mind keeping US troops in Iraq for 100years.

Fortunately for Americans on the other side, they are responding to a new call by a young, intelligent man. Professing change that America, and maybe the world need. Just maybe.
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by otele(m): 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2008
almondjoy:

American is an American regardless of the race, color, religion or sex!

which America are you talking about? Obviously not the United States of America.
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by 4Play(m): 1:10pm On Feb 06, 2008
Freewilly:

What are the crazy Republicans thinking voting for the old man McCain, I can't believe McCain is now the front runner for the republican party. This is a very sad night for my old party "Republican party" One of my biggest idols and the poster child for the republican party Ann Coulter the other day on Fox News said she would vote for Hillary before she supports McCain. Very Very sad night for America. cry cry cry

You were never a strong Republican anyway. grin McCain scored 82/100 for his conservative positions by the American Conservative Union.He is not the ideal Republican candidate but he is the most electable.
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by almondjoy(f): 1:33pm On Feb 06, 2008
otele:

which America are you talking about? Obviously not the United States of America.

The America I know of course!  Attack them first and you will really understand what I mean.  Shey I dey work with them?   They understand the true meaning of being patriotic.  Don't be deceived my friend.

Rememember 9/11? That saw no race, color, religion or sex. They all had a common enemy.

Don't be deceived I say!

4 Play:

You were never a strong Republican anyway. grin McCain scored 82/100 for his conservative positions by the American Conservative Union.He is not the ideal Republican candidate but he is the most electable.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! lipsrsealed  I-man?
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 06, 2008
American is an American regardless of the race, color, religion or sex!

Seconded!!!!!!!!!! kiss
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by 4Play(m): 8:43pm On Feb 06, 2008
almondjoy:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! lipsrsealed  I-man?

The capricious poltroon that runs this place banned me grin grin Maybe he is an ESUT graduate! grin
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 06, 2008
4 Play:

The capricious poltroon that runs this place banned me grin grin Maybe he is an ESUT graduate! grin

What is it with ESUT graduates? Just curious.
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by princeonx: 8:58pm On Feb 06, 2008
welcome freewilly you'll be very happy you did!
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by bibiking1(m): 9:27pm On Feb 06, 2008
4 Play:

That would be SEUN right?
don't know if he has read this post yet.

Freewilly:

What are the crazy Republicans thinking voting for the old man McCain, I can't believe McCain is now the front runner for the republican party. This is a very sad night for my old party "Republican party" One of my biggest idols and the poster child for the republican party Ann Coulter the other day on Fox News said she would vote for Hillary before she supports McCain. Very Very sad night for America. cry cry cry
fie! fie!! fie!!! fie!!!! fie!!!!!
Shame on you, for not holding on to the LIGHT!
you have joined the bandwagon of indisciplined people!
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by hotfunmi(f): 9:40pm On Feb 06, 2008
Rememember 9/11? That saw no race, color, religion or sex
They do. What happens to their patrotism whenever they support Europeans to win a sport over their fellow Americans because of color?. Floyd mayweather recently suffered that fate in Las Vegas after Serena Williams.
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by hotfunmi(f): 9:41pm On Feb 06, 2008
What are the crazy Republicans thinking voting for the old man McCain, I can't believe McCain is now the front runner for the republican party. This is a very sad night for my old party "Republican party" One of my biggest idols and the poster child for the republican party Ann Coulter the other day on Fox News said she would vote for Hillary before she supports McCain. Very Very sad night for America
Why? I support the GOP and always wanted McCain anyway. Liberals suck!
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by 4Play(m): 10:02pm On Feb 06, 2008
Why would anyone support the Dems-those abortion loving,gay enabling,nanny state 'librulls'. People say the Democrats are more pro-black but that is open to debate.

I prefer the party that freed the slaves and whose Congress members voted in higher numbers for the Civil Rights Act.
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by 4Him(m): 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2008
hotfunmi:

No wonder you hang around public farting, one minute men! cheesy they are all as old as McCain.
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by hotfunmi(f): 10:16pm On Feb 06, 2008
By 4Him
No wonder you hang around public farting, one minute men! they are all as old as McCain.

Once again, Liberals Suck!. I can't wait to see them cry come november.
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by 4Him(m): 10:19pm On Feb 06, 2008
hotfunmi:

Once again, Liberals Suck!. I can't wait to see them cry come november.

thanks to the conservatives, we're stuck in Iraq.
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by 4Play(m): 10:27pm On Feb 06, 2008
4Him:

thanks to the conservatives, we're stuck in Iraq.

Thanks to librulls we have 48.5m aborted between 1973 and 2006.

Iraq will come and go-the liberals gave us the far more bloodier Vietnam(54,000 dead Americans) and Korea(55,000 dead)-but the deleterious effects of liberal thinking-abortions,legalisation of gay marriages,wasteful welfarist policies-will always live with us.
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by hotfunmi(f): 10:30pm On Feb 06, 2008

Iraq will come and go-the liberals gave us the far more bloodier Vietnam(54,000 dead Americans) and Korea(55,000 dead)-but the deleterious effects of liberal thinking-abortions,legalisation of gay marriages,wasteful welfarist policies-will always live with us.

Thanks a lot 4play. I detest Liberals like no other. I wanted a woman to lead America real bad but not at the risk of allowing a liberal do it.

Liberals are Evil!
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by 4Him(m): 10:31pm On Feb 06, 2008
4 Play:

Is it the Nigerian liberals who are at fault for the preponderance of dangerous abortions?
Iraq does not look like it will come and go, McCain is thinking of remaining there for the next 100yrs.
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by 4Play(m): 10:42pm On Feb 06, 2008
4Him:

Is it the Nigerian liberals who are at fault for the preponderance of dangerous abortions?

In the US,the numbers of abortions have increased since Roe v Wade and the liberals are responsible for that.

Iraq does not look like it will come and go, McCain is thinking of remaining there for the next 100yrs.

You would have said that in 1952 and 1968 for the Korean and Vietnam wars respectively. Iraq is a "mickey mouse" conflict compared to those conflicts.Iraq will come and go just like all the conflicts the US has been embroiled in throughout its history but liberal thinking has caused more damage to the US in the long term.
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by almondjoy(f): 11:50pm On Feb 06, 2008
4 Play:

You and this your E.S.You.T.!!!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Sorry oooooooooooooooh!
4Him:

No wonder you hang around public farting, one minute men! cheesy they are all as old as McCain.

he he he he he he he! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

hotfunmi:

That man should be in a nursing home.  If he comes out to become a US president afterall, he can only come second to OBJ in ugliness.  That hair of his I can't stand at all. I am sure he smells of Bengay 24/7. What a geriatric old fart bagpipe!
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by Kobojunkie: 11:57pm On Feb 06, 2008
For an "Ann Coulter" Republican to become a democrat is sort of having a Priest become a love-vendor. It is ludicrous on all levels regardless of reason given. If you really mean you actually have switched sides, I doubt you were ever an "ann coulter" republican @Poster
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by adconline(m): 3:54am On Feb 07, 2008
One of my biggest idols and the poster child for the republican party Ann Coulter the other day on Fox News said she would vote for Hillary before she supports McCain. Very Very sad night for America.

For Ann Coulter to be your biggest idol, it means that you really need a total baptism of political alliance. Ann Coulter is a demi god to you just as Loius Farrakan is great idol to his followers. Thank God I am not a sheepish follower. Ann Coulter will drive aways your supporters the way Bill Clinton drew away Hilary's. America is less right wing than Coulter just as its less left leaning than Ted Kennedy. Wake up girl
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by Kobojunkie: 3:59am On Feb 07, 2008
adconline:

One of my biggest idols and the poster child for the republican party Ann Coulter the other day on Fox News said she would vote for Hillary before she supports McCain. Very Very sad night for America.

For Ann Coulter to be your biggest idol, it means that you really need a total baptism of political alliance. Ann Coulter is a demi god to you just as Loius Farrakan is great idol to his followers. Thank God I am not a sheepish follower. Ann Coulter will drive aways your supporters the way Bill Clinton drew away Hilary's. America is less right wing than Coulter just as its less left leaning than Ted Kennedy. Wake up girl

I Beg to differ. The Poster did not say anything about Ann Coulter being a demi god to him/her. Just that she is a stunge republican like Ann coulter and everyone has someone who they can compare selves to in one way of another. Nothing wrong in being an Ann coulter fan.
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by Ijiji1(m): 4:09am On Feb 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I Beg to differ. The Poster did not say anything about Ann Coulter being a demi god to him/her. Just that she is a stunge republican like Ann coulter and everyone has someone who they can compare selves to in one way of another. Nothing wrong in being an Ann coulter fan.

You couldn't have said it any better, Ann Coulter is the last few TV republican that are not afraid to say it the way it really is and still make a lot of money doing it. I love reading her books.
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by Horus(m): 1:56pm On Feb 08, 2008
Ex-Republican Chafee considers voting for Obama in R.I. primary

Friday, February 8, 2008

Driven by his strong opposition to the war in Iraq, former Republican U.S. Sen. Lincoln Chafee may do something radical, at least for him: cast a vote in a Democratic primary.
Chafee, who lost his reelection race in 2006, left the GOP last summer and joined the ranks of Rhode Island’s unaffiliated voters, who can participate in either party’s primary on March 4.In his deliberative manner, the former senator says he is considering a vote for Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, who opposed the Iraq war from the beginning.“It’s a big decision to go into the Democratic primary,” Chafee said in an interview yesterday.Chafee was once a leader of the Rhode Island Republican Party, as his father, John Chafee, a former governor and U.S. senator, was before him.But the moderate Lincoln Chafee found himself increasingly at odds with a party that had moved to the political right. “It’s not my party anymore,” Chafee said last September.No issue isolated Chafee among national Republicans more starkly than the war in Iraq. He was the only Republican senator to oppose it.“It was such a critical time in our history, when we needed the Congress to act responsibly,” he said. In his upcoming book, Against the Tide [due April 1 from St. Martin’s Press], Chafee excoriates congressional Democrats who voted in 2002 to give President Bush the authority to invade Iraq.He writes: “Being wrong about sending Americans to kill and be killed, maim and be maimed, is not like making a punctuation mistake in a highway bill.” Some leading Democrats “argue that the president duped them into war, but getting duped does not exactly recommend their leadership. Helping a rogue president start an unnecessary war should be a career-ending lapse of judgment.”Obama was not in the U.S. Senate in 2002; he declared his opposition to the Iraq war in a speech delivered in Chicago that October.Two other leading candidates, Senators Hillary Clinton and John McCain, voted for the 2002 resolution that gave the president the authority to attack Iraq.

Source: http://www.projo.com/news/politics/content/chafee_vote_02-08-08_A88UCGM_v13.37f3a0e.html
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by 4Play(m): 11:56pm On Feb 08, 2008
Ann Coulter is an irrelevant attention-seeking windbag.I guess McCain Derangement Syndrome has gotten the better of her or she might be considering the "vagina" vote for Hillary.
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by Kobojunkie: 11:57pm On Feb 08, 2008
I have to say, Ann Coulter happens to have my respect. She is about one of the only women on the planet with seriously extreme views but still knows how to remain sexy and dress great. I mean she scares me with the way she stands her ground and argues her views which are mostly not popular with those she engages on the most and she has my respect for that as well.  There is nothing wrong with her opposing McCain. I mean even those voting democrat this year, be they former republicans or democrats,  oppose him that is why they are not voting republican. The freedom to vote implies one is free to choose of all the candidates which one would think is best for the nation and in this case she may think that according to her calculations, the other woman is the better way to go. Most americans who will vote this year are having to make similar decision, Ann coulter is free to do same.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/23066577#23066577
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by 4Play(m): 10:21pm On Feb 10, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I have to say, Ann Coulter happens to have my respect. She is about one of the only women on the planet with seriously extreme views but still knows how to remain sexy and dress great. I mean she scares me with the way she stands her ground and argues her views which are mostly not popular with those she engages on the most and she has my respect for that as well.

Failing to see what "dressing great and remaining sexy" has to do with substantive issues undecided

Opposing McCain or indeed or any other politician is all well and good except where the opposition is based on hysterical unfounded assumptions.Coulter is a ghastly pundit who thrives in seeking attention instead of addressing issues in a coherent and logical manner.
Re: I'm No More A Republican, I'm Now A Democrat. by adconline(m): 12:18am On Feb 11, 2008
thank you. 4play,
Ann Coulter is a very controversial right winger who thrives in controversy to sell her books. Its just like 50 cent using violence to sell his records. Can anyone tell me where it is written in GOP's manifesto that Jews should convert to Christians? I watched her say that on CNBC's Big Ideas by Donny Deutsch. I really hate it when politicians/pundits think that they know God more than others. Do you really think that her views are more right wing than that of Alan Keyes.? She is a just a priviledged political Britney Spears who is using the press to her advantage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Extremely High Crime Rate In South Africa. / 150 Billion Naira Stolen From Aso Rock / How Come Most Nigerian Politicians Aren't Good Public Speakers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.