Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

My Encounter At The "Night Of Worship" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Encounter At The "Night Of Worship" (1081 Views)

How Many Times Do They Collect Offerings In Your Place Of Worship? / Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside / Plan To Attend July Days Of Divine Encounter At Salvation Ministries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter At The "Night Of Worship" by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 18, 2012
Friday night, I was invited to a church programme, kind of over-night vigil open air programme tagged "NIGHT OF WORSHIP - God and God Alone", I didnt want to hurt my lady's feelings by turning down her invitation. My background with religion and spiritualism is wealthy. Having gone to over 20 churches, baptized in one of them (Church of Jesus Christ of latter Day Saint (Mormon) and ordained Elder under the Aaronic Priesthood and the Melchizedek Priesthood. I stopped going to church for about 8-9 yrs till now. I have also been involved and have inner workings of many Esoteric and mystical organizations and understand the truth from the half-truth but most importantly having experienced soul travel/astral projections, interacted with spirits and spiritual Masters, I could say I know lots of truth than an average jack, atheism isnt a question here, cos I crossed that part and see the folly of disbelieving the existentialism of the reality of spirits and Cosmic. Back to the "NIGHT OF WORSHIP - God and God Alone"; I drove to the RCCG camp at VI and it was jam-packed with over 5,000 people as was announced by the church. But I was just there to be sarcastic and just pretend all night that am enjoying it, but when I saw the performances by the choristers and the deep passion, the love of "God", the dedication,when I hear the voices, the singing, I was captivated, that its either these singers are highly skilled talents or they are possessed by a higherr power that motivates them. Then came the time, for the foreign artists from the USA and the UK, I wont say much about others, but there is guy, that came from the UK, apparently Ghanian by birth, his name Sonnie Badu. He was something else, His praise/worship, the sound of his voice, the commanding hold on the congregation, the magnetic effect he had on people, the way the invited and uninvited guests and even myself was captivated made me sat back and think: If you do not to go church for anything else, just know that Faith isnt religious. Faith is cosmic, my Faith leaped, and I knew, that guy is highly gifted, or excellently talented, or selectively possessed or the triad. Now, I know, Going to church isnt really for God's worship alone. It can cure stress, lower high BP, save you from heart attack and upgrade your faith in the cosmic. Go to church, People! If not for anything, but for your heart.
Re: My Encounter At The "Night Of Worship" by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 18, 2012
Huh? An advice from a...
Re: My Encounter At The "Night Of Worship" by esere826: 10:01am On Nov 18, 2012
@Billyonaire

LOL
You're a crazy guy grin
*I meant that in a fun way wink *
Re: My Encounter At The "Night Of Worship" by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 18, 2012
Word.
Re: My Encounter At The "Night Of Worship" by PastorKun(m): 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2012
@billyonaire

Your point being

I would also like to engage you on your soul and astral travelling trips smiley
Re: My Encounter At The "Night Of Worship" by Wislet(f): 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2012
Some people think they go to church for the preacher, or to fulfill all righteousness(so that 'people' will say, ''He/she goes to church''.
If that is your motive, you are only deceiving yourself.
Also, being a 'church-goer' isn't a ticket to heaven.
Your personal relationship with God is what determines where you spend your eternity.
You go to church because the word of God you hear builds you up. The WORD says,''Iron sharpeneth Iron''.
When you meet other real, spirit-filled children of God, worship with them and interact on the word of God together, it does something tremendous to your faith, and motivates you to keep on.
Even if there are only TWO in a church, and they serve God in truth and in spirit, that gives The Father more joy than a multitude of 'worshippers' that do not truly know Him.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter At The "Night Of Worship" by Wislet(f): 2:14pm On Nov 18, 2012
just love this song.
Happy Sunday everyone.
Remain blessed.

Re: My Encounter At The "Night Of Worship" by knockturnal(m): 8:06pm On Nov 25, 2012
Billy, u r confusing me. Either u posted this while still under the euphoria of d event u partook in or something really 'Holy Spiritual' happened to ya.
Re: My Encounter At The "Night Of Worship" by oiseworld: 8:59pm On Nov 25, 2012
Good one Billy, good one.
Re: My Encounter At The "Night Of Worship" by CrazyMan(m): 9:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
It good to know that you have a reason to be in church...I'm happy for you. smiley
Re: My Encounter At The "Night Of Worship" by CrazyMan(m): 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2012
^^ Double post ^^
Re: My Encounter At The "Night Of Worship" by OmoAlata(f): 10:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
As an aside, Sonnie Badu sang at my wedding grin

(1) (Reply)

PRAYER: Give Me A Spouse Or I Die? (picture) / . / Happy Birthday Mummy G O RCCG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.