Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? (7637 Views)

What Is Your Cant-do-without Make-up Item? / Photo Of Beyonce Without Make-up At The Airport / Tiwa Savage & Waje Without Make-up (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by ajile2: 1:10pm On Feb 06, 2008
hi. pls i want to know why most guys dont like makeups on ladies.i dont wear heavy make ups,but i like my eyebrow shaped with bright gold eye shadow with a slight pink lipstick.but recently my guy keeps complaining about the eyebrow and the eye shadow,he claims it make ladies look like witch .i dicussed with some male friends and majority agreed it him,and i know alot of ladies re into it.so i want to hear from nairalander espeacially guys.what do you feel.
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by iice(f): 4:00pm On Feb 06, 2008
Sorry but quite a number of NL males don't dig makeups
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by busygirl(f): 3:19pm On Feb 08, 2008
I love make-up alot. . .i guess my guy will learn to accept it!
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by Ebaby2: 6:38am On Feb 09, 2008
Have been asking myself the same question also, why they dislike make-up.

I guess everyone wants a natural beautiful girlfriend/wife

I myself isn't really into make-ups expect when it's only needed
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by EyesOpen(f): 5:53pm On May 10, 2009
I dated a Nigerian guy who only complimented me in the morning when I woke up. He didn't understand why I would wear make-up if I had nice skin. Women use make-up as an accessory, like earrings or a purse. Some days, I want to look natural and light, and sometimes, I might feel like expressing a darker side. I think make up is beautifual if used to accentuate our beauty and not cover our faces. I was told that make up reminded (him) of a dead person, go figure! Women, maybe compromise, wear natural looking make up when you are with your beaus. I will not give up make up completely, but I don't wear my blue and pink eyeshadow when I am with him, and actually, I have learned to appreciate my natural beauty more.
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by tpiah: 12:23am On May 11, 2009
good question.

Some of them date ladies who use makeup then ask her to stop wearing it after they get married.

Wasnt it the make up that probably made them notice her in the first place?

These same guys who drool over heavily made up stars?
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by tope5000: 1:09am On May 11, 2009
tpiah:

good question.

Some of them date ladies who use makeup then ask her to stop wearing it after they get married.
Wasnt it the make up that probably made them notice her in the first place?

These same guys who drool over heavily made up stars?

Abi o . . . . sometimes i wonder abt men sef undecided
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by Sissy3(f): 1:16am On May 11, 2009
tpiah:

the funny part is that when 'em married women stop using makeup the same men will start complaining on how unattractive, blah blah their wives have become undecided
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by tope5000: 1:18am On May 11, 2009
~Sissy~:

the funny part is that when 'em married women stop using makeup the same men will start complaining on how unattractive, blah blah their wives have become undecided

No man will tell me what to do wen it comes to beautifying myself biko cheesy . . . he knew i wasnt SU b4 he married me.
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by Sissy3(f): 2:08am On May 11, 2009
tope5000:

No man will tell me what to do wen it comes to beautifying myself biko cheesy . . . he knew i wasnt SU b4 he married me.

my dear some men are little whimpers. do this na complain, do that complain. i tire oo
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by mohawkchic(f): 2:44am On May 11, 2009
~There are some genuine reasons why some blokes dont like their women all dolled up in make-up or prefer little or no make-up at all . . .but Here's a thought for the Guys who detest make-up w/ a motive :Foundation ~Lip Stick smears on shirt /Clothes . .Dead Giveaway of Promiscuous Activities . . So i suppose its no mysytery why Some guys dont like make-up on women  cheesy
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by tpiah: 5:09pm On May 12, 2009
~Sissy~:

my dear some men are little whimpers. do this na complain, do that complain. i tire oo

heh undecided
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by bluespice(f): 7:39am On May 13, 2009
@ topic,
cos they believe in 'natural beauty'
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by EngrT1(m): 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2009
cos u girls believe u're not complete without makeup
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by oyinda3(f): 3:32am On Sep 07, 2009
they like the make up. lol most ladies look prettier with make up on.

~Sissy~:

true
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2009
Maybe una no sabi wear the make-up grin, that's why fear catch the men. tongue

bluespice:

@ topic,
cos they believe in 'natural beauty'

Natural beauty my foot!!! grin grin Can't do without my eyeliner, makes my eyes look sultry. cool
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by KennyG6(m): 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2009
Natural beauty my foot!!! grin grin Can't do without my eyeliner, makes my eyes look sultry. cool
[quote][/quote]
haba, am sure ur bobo wud still like u without the makeover, sultry eyes or not.

@poster
I think most guys who go after women with little or no makeup do so because they appreciate the natural or UNENHANCED BEAUTY, personally i think as long as the "disguise" is not to much then am cool
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by africhika(f): 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2009
i never wear more than coco butter oil to shine my lips. some females go overboard on the makeup. what are you hiding? i think guys just want to see our face, not artificial colors.

@ stillwater
grin grin u so funny

1 Like

Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by bluespice(f): 1:36pm On Sep 08, 2009
stillwater:

Maybe una no sabi wear the make-up grin, that's why fear catch the men. tongue

abi oh
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by mindeh(f): 10:36am On Jan 10, 2010
beats me.why should i go to extreme pains to be who am not.if you dont like me with make up thats your problem not mine
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by WAVixen: 5:59pm On Jan 10, 2010
Some men will say i hate make up on you, the second you step out with him, his neck is rotating like the earth at other women heavily clad in what he calls 'grime'. God help you if you went like opelope anoniting there!
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2010
sometimes ladies overdo it (perfect semi-circular eyebrows and blue lipstick anyone?) my make-up's light, yet some guys ask me 'y aren't u wearing make-up?' not sure how that tallies with guys not liking make-up.
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by mamagee3(f): 12:38am On Jan 11, 2010
Who conducted this survey?
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by Cyana(f): 11:39am On Feb 25, 2010
Cause guys worry about their one night stands, perfectly made up the night before, when they wake up in the morning,you got no eyebrowns,your skin on your face is two toned and one of your eyelashes is missing, worst case scenario ''YOUR ACTUALLY A MAN''
grin grin grin
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by faving(f): 4:36pm On Feb 25, 2010
first tyme testing
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by Iyineda(m): 10:00pm On Feb 25, 2010
I do not really like make-up on girls, in general, especially when used abusively.

My ex wasn't really into make-up (maybe just a bit of eye-liner or whatever that's called) so I had no reason to complain. However, my sisters (15 and 17) are fond of painting their faces with all those extra. Keep it cool and simple, ladies. wink

I'm more into lip gloss. Lipstick - when color red - is an abomination. lipsrsealed kiss

tongue
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by ayettymama(f): 11:08pm On Feb 25, 2010
no1

gold is not an everyday colour! its for NIGHTS out!!!!!

no2 they dont like it cos your not doin it properly!

no3

everyday make up should be invisible and look natural!

unless ur me!!!!!!
who loves that silver lining! (cos noone else can perfect it!) and likes to show off her big eyes!!

but yes alot of men dont like make up ie my dad. . . . my grand dad. . . . . . the list is endless!!!1

one trip to london will show u wat the game is!
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by latch(m): 1:06am On Feb 27, 2010
for one, it stains my shirts
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by shilling(f): 8:57pm On Feb 28, 2010
I guess it depends on how loud the woman's makeup looks. Nude colours look very natural, I wonder why a guy would have a problem with that.
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 28, 2010
They should stop lusting over Celebrity images then because those celebs dont look like their photos when they wake up in the morning.
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by OmoFyne: 3:01am On Mar 03, 2010
Re: Guys And Makeups: Why Do Most Men Prefer Women Without Make-Up? by PTBNaija(f): 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2010
To be honest, a lot of times guys can't tell that a girl has make-up on! Unless a girl over does the eyes and contouring and what not, they can't tell the difference grin wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are you looking for Mac make up products in Nigeria ? New Online Store Launching / Wholesalers Needed For Classic Make Up USA / Fashion And Beauty Tips For Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.