Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Bringing Back Music Memories - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Bringing Back Music Memories (1195 Views)

Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? / Songs That Bring Back Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet Childhood Memories. / Oriental Brothers Of Huntsville(bringing Back Igbo Highlife) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bringing Back Music Memories by my2cents(m): 6:28pm On Apr 20, 2006
Call me old school, but having left Naija in 1993 (yes, I do visit every 2 yrs or so grin), I grew up listening to a different kind of music.

Whatever happened to Oritz Wiliki, Kinky, Blackie, the boys who sang "biggie belle", Christie Essien Igbokwe?

Do they have websites? Where are they now? Google searches haven't turned up any useful results for me.

Links would help me a lot.

Thanks,
Re: Bringing Back Music Memories by glamrocka(f): 1:10am On Apr 21, 2006
wow

i know of christie essien cause i saw her in concert when i was like 8yrs old and spending holiday with my cousins in Paris and i only remeber her lovely custumes. (also pattie boulaye, was in same show, funny she lives down the road from me small world)

My dad had that oritz wiliki vinyls too.

Maybe the reason you cant come up with anything on google is because they not around any more,i really dont know.

Maybe someone could shed light on this.
Re: Bringing Back Music Memories by spikedcylinder: 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2006
Those people are still around, at least i know Oritz and Blacky still sing,they probably just don't have websites, which is too bad. sad
Re: Bringing Back Music Memories by Outkast(f): 5:30pm On Apr 25, 2006
y'all could go to nigeriapages.com and go to jukebox on the reggae section, they have some of their songs on there
Re: Bringing Back Music Memories by my2cents(m): 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2006
OutKast,

Thanks a ton! I found stuff from Oritz and others I forgot to mention at first - Ras Kimono (whom I had the pleasure of meeting at the nigerian consulate in atlanta. He didn't believe I knew him until I did that "under pressure" leg shuffle he used to do back in the day grin), and evi edna ogholi.

I only had one problem with the site - it seems to be making a request to itself, so it wasn't easily navigable. For the good music, I can ignore that though wink

Thanks once again.
Re: Bringing Back Music Memories by spikedcylinder: 6:20pm On Apr 25, 2006
old school 2 cents
Re: Bringing Back Music Memories by Outkast(f): 6:26pm On Apr 25, 2006
my pleasure, I'll try looking for more sites for you guys if I can

(1) (Reply)

Opposite Of Adults Remake By 04kasibe / New Music: Eedris Abdulkareem - Dance With You (spanking Hot!) / Tonto Dikeh Ft. Terry G - CRAZICALLY FIT [full Song]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.