Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

7 Infamous Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Infamous Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat (1129 Views)

Buhari Holds Presidential Media Chat Wednesday / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / Presidential Media Chat On 18th November 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Infamous Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by news9ja: 10:22pm On Nov 18, 2012

7. "Manitoba contract has not been revoked but the contract did not follow due process" - President Goodluck Jonathan.

President Jonathan answers questions on Power reforms, He was asked what led to the termination of Manitoba's contract?

6. "I never promised to reduce poverty, I promised to create wealth" - President Goodluck Jonathan.

The President tackles questions on poverty eradication

5. "Budget for food for the State House is not for the President, Vice President and their families. – Goodluck Jonathan. "

http://naijajaw..com/2012/11/7-infamous-quotes-from-presidential.html
Re: 7 Infamous Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by wesley80(m): 10:42pm On Nov 18, 2012
Which of those quotes do you have a problem with?

1 Like

Re: 7 Infamous Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 19, 2012
What wrong did the president say there? What makes them infamous?
Re: 7 Infamous Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by floriana(m): 7:11am On Nov 19, 2012
wesley80: Which of those quotes do you have a problem with?

Wesley80 and Henry120, all these guys with identification numbers attached to their UserID are here again? Don't you do any other daytime job apart from the 40 laptop jobs? I thought it's supposed to be part time job. Point number 6 is so very dumb. When I heard it, I was wondering how many wealth creation agencies (apart from Youwin) he has set up and whether he will now scrap all the poverty alleviation programmes and agencies since he doesn't believe in poverty alleviation but wealth creation.
Re: 7 Infamous Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by Obinoscopy(m): 8:49am On Nov 19, 2012
Quote 6 is so dumb. I thought wealth creation will lead to poverty reduction. Or is his own idea of wealth creation different?
Re: 7 Infamous Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by news9ja: 11:14am On Nov 19, 2012
@Henry120:, You clearly have no idea of what inFamous means in the Dictionary..
Re: 7 Infamous Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2012
@news9ja, please do educate me? I want to learn.
Re: 7 Infamous Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2012
Are we in a communist country where the government run/ dictate our lives( as regards 2 number 6)? Say the youwin programme for example, it is down to the winner, not the government to efficiently use the funds to create wealth for himself/ herself. If he/she blows the money, do you then say GEJ did not create wealth or is it not down to the individual who did not utilise his opportunity given by the government to reduce his poverty.

Here is how I understood the statement, the government provides/ creates wealth, but it is all down to the individual to either use the opportunity given to come out of poverty or to remain in poverty( it is all down to the individual in question, not the fault of the government). Choice!!!!

Besides, I did not particularly like the media chat, like other politicians in nigeria, they are need to go back to school and take up a course on public speaking (101).

Like I said before I'm open to learning, educate.
Re: 7 Infamous Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by news9ja: 7:01pm On Nov 19, 2012
Henry120: Are we in a communist country where the government run/ dictate our lives( as regards 2 number 6)? Say the youwin programme for example, it is down to the winner, not the government to efficiently use the funds to create wealth for himself/ herself. If he/she blows the money, do you then say GEJ did not create wealth or is it not down to the individual who did not utilise his opportunity given by the government to reduce his poverty.

Here is how I understood the statement, the government provides/ creates wealth, but it is all down to the individual to either use the opportunity given to come out of poverty or to remain in poverty( it is all down to the individual in question, not the fault of the government). Choice!!!!

Besides, I did not particularly like the media chat, like other politicians in nigeria, they are need to go back to school and take up a course on public speaking (101).

Like I said before I'm open to learning, educate.

On Point, but He has improved in composure in comparism to his previous chat, which was a blunder at best.
Re: 7 Infamous Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by seanet01: 7:12pm On Nov 19, 2012
wesley80: Which of those quotes do you have a problem with?
I did not promise to reduce poverty. I promised to create wealth. I guess for the Cabal? tongue
Re: 7 Infamous Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by chosen04(f): 7:55pm On Nov 19, 2012
Which is the worse quote? "I will rather kill myself than commit suicide OR I didnot promise to reduce poverty. I promised to create wealth"

The daftness family ever?

Uniport don train antelops . . . (No pun intended)
Re: 7 Infamous Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by seanet01: 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2012
chosen04: Which is the worse quote? "I will rather kill myself than commit suicide OR I didnot promise to reduce poverty. I promised to create wealth"

grin
Re: 7 Infamous Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by wesley80(m): 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2012
chosen04: Which is the worse quote? "I will rather kill myself than commit suicide OR I didnot promise to reduce poverty. I promised to create wealth"

Respect yourself and engage your head before giving up your unadulterated foolishness. If you do have a head that's doing what it ought to you'd know to seek the complete quote not one lifted out of context that obviously has challenged your abysmal level of critical thinking.
Re: 7 Infamous Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 3:35am On Nov 20, 2012
news9ja:

On Point, but He has improved in composure in comparism to his previous chat, which was a blunder at best.

I respect and support the president, I think he has done a lot to grow our democracy( a more open electoral process and freedom of information law comes to mind). True, yesterdays media chat by the president was a more composed show of the president in comparism to his last media chat, but however, I felt he was only speaking yesterday and not communicating. He gave us(in a some cases) the classic political dance around a question, as if "the answer you get from the questions asked(president) was another question".

However he still came in hitting and clear in many of his strong areas
Agriculture= fertiliser, reduction of corruption in the process of acquiring them
Power = he said we generate over 5,000 megawatts of power, but we lack the infrastructure to convey the power generated to end users.
Creation of wealth rather than reduction of poverty was brilliant.
Ibadan- lagos road
Recurrent expenditure= he answered the question well
Fuel subsidy= he also answered well
Education, I agree with him, it would be difficult to grow education to the level we all want, with the kind of funding gotten/ the very low school fees that students pay. Education requires major funding to really succeed. Take the UK for example, apart from the billions budgeted by the government, they received additional 45billion pounds( that is two times our national budget) from abroad. Mostly from foreign students from the far east, china in particular.

He came out short on
Corruption / prosecution, when he was asked about Siemens & harliburton. Infact he didn't answer those questions.

Monetisation policy, he also came out short.

He denied his aides on national tv.

He did try to explain the issue of state house food, and how they were also many agencies under state house and not just the president & vice president & their families and the events at the state house, but truly, I did not understand his reference to ethiopia So I'll give him 50/50 on explaining the money budgeted for food.

All in all it was an improvement from the last media chat, but I still do not think he communicated with nigerians. He only spoke.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Rochas Okorocha Of Imo-state Vows To Kill APGA ! / Kano Bombings: Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika, Visits Onitsha, Pleads For Calm. / "I Lack Administrative Experience" - President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.