Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born (28350 Views)

Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? / What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? / Two Reasons I Believe There Is A God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by Godmann(m): 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
First-borns bear a big responsibility. You must carter and protect your younger ones when your parents are not able. Whereas your parents friends are all your siblings friends; their enemies tend to single you out for destruction.

So first sons must be brave to succeed. It is a tasking position that can also be interesting if you are brave.

I am one and know what I am saying
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by Rajosh(m): 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2012
Hahaha this is supposed to be in joke section.How can you even think lyk that.you mentioned cain,ham,ruben, have you forgoten that they did bad before they were cursed? Cain=murder,ruben=fornication,ham= made jest of his father's unclothedness.dont let your pastor decieve you
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by Tgirl4real(f): 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2012
I SMH on some topics I view here. Pretty sad.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by salt1: 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
vislabraye: I have heard a doctrine of the Curse of the first Born. Speaking strictly about male children. From the scriptures we have, Cain, Ham son of Noah, Esau. Reuben, Manasseh. To mention but a few.
Although there could be some exception. I have also observed similar things. To a large extent, the most successful children in a family are not usually the first male.
What's your take on it?

Please don't use your observation to bring in things that aren't Biblical or true. Ham wasn't even Noah's firstborn but second child. Cain wasn't cursed for being a firstborn but for being irreverent. So was Reuben: of all the women in the world, he chose to sleep with his father's mistress. Esau wasn't even cursed but he received a lesser blessing than Jacob did because of his laissez-faire attitude.
Actions or inactions carry consequences. Those that honour God, He will honour.
Check out these wonderful first born sons: Enoch, Noah, Samuel,and of course Jesus!
There is no such thing as curse on the first born

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by lollarj(f): 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2012
Tuface - 2nd Born
Wizkid - 2nd Born
Davido - not 1st born
Mike adenuga - 2nd son
Mikel Obi - 2nd son
Seun Osewa - ?
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by lise4realyahoo(f): 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
Rubbish talk... Not tru
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 19, 2012
Famous firstborns: Oprah, Hillary Clinton, Winston Churchill, Sylvester Stallone and Bill Clinton,Albert Einstein.Leonardo da Vinci,George W. Bush,Bill Cosby, Geraldo Rivera, Walter Cronkite, Peter Jennings, Dan Rather, Ted Koppel and Jackie Onassis.
Jimmy Carter
Gerald Ford

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by vislabraye(m): 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
Many people don't understand English so they resolve to insults. I said let's rub mind on the topic.
However if you are the first born and your sibling is doing better than you, don't be mad at me. Lol.
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by goofie: 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2012
to think dt some of my friends n i discussed dis is very funny. our bottomline ws dt dey need our prayers.
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2012
Famous first born children: Walter Conkrite, Dan Rather, Oprah Winfrey, Rush Limbaugh and Arsenio Hall
More than 1/2 of the U.S. Presidents were first born children
21 of the 23 first astronauts were first born children
2/3 of entrepreneurs are first born children
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2012
Firstborn children tend to be more extroverted and confident, while second-born kids are more rebellious and open to new experiences, he says. The youngest child is usually the most creative and can be manipulative to get his or her way.

Clearly, birth order affects personality, but what about career advancement and success? Several studies show that firstborns and only children usually reach higher educational goals, obtain greater prestige and acquire more net worth, while the middle child is likely to struggle a bit more.

"A child's position in the family impacts his personality, his behavior, his learning and ultimately, his earning power," says Michael Grose, author of "Why Firstborns Rule the World and Last Borns Want to Change It

Most people have an intuitive knowledge that birth order somehow has an impact on development, but they underestimate how far-reaching and just how significant that impact is. "

Here's a look at the effect birth order may have on you:

Firstborn

Personality: Firstborns are ambitious, assertive, dominant and disciplined compared to their younger siblings. They're determined to succeed yet fearful of losing position and rank, and are defensive about errors and mistakes, Dattner says.

Compensation: A recent survey by CareerBuilder.com found that workers who were the firstborn child in their families were more likely to earn $100,000 or more annually compared to their siblings.

Professions: The oldest tend to pursue vocations that require higher education, like medicine, engineering or law. Firstborns from the CareerBuilder.com survey reported working in jobs in government, engineering, pharmacy and science. Ohio State University researchers found firstborn children were more likely to pursue "intellectual" jobs.

Job level: Workers who are firstborn are more likely to report holding a vice president or senior management position, according to the survey.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by vislabraye(m): 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2012
salt 1:

Please don't use your observation to bring in things that aren't Biblical or true. Ham wasn't even Noah's firstborn but second child. Cain wasn't cursed for being a firstborn but for being irreverent. So was Reuben: of all the women in the world, he chose to sleep with his father's mistress. Esau wasn't even cursed but he received a lesser blessing than Jacob did because of his laissez-faire attitude.
Actions or inactions carry consequences. Those that honour God, He will honour.
Check out these wonderful first born sons: Enoch, Noah, Samuel,and of course Jesus!
There is no such thing as curse on the first born

You mentioned Jesus. That's a very good example to butress my point.
Jesus even said, "the works I do you will even do greater." Refering to those who believe in him.
In fact he became a curse for us all. So Jesus is known as the first begotten Son of God and we are the second born if you put it that way.
I said earlier on that there are some exception, but if you are open minded you'll observe what I'm saying.
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by vislabraye(m): 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2012
In fact Isaac was prefered to Ismael who was firts born.
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2012
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
vislabraye:

You mentioned Jesus. That's a very good example to butress my point.
Jesus even said, "the works I do you will even do greater." Refering to those who believe in him.
In fact he became a curse for us all. So Jesus is known as the first begotten Son of God and we are the second born if you put it that way.
I said earlier on that there are some exception, but if you are open minded you'll observe what I'm saying.
what rubbish did you just spew
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by faceit: 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
big lie.... wat happens to u depends on wat u believe. most first born r very successful while most r nt, most second or third or fourth or watever position r successful while some r very unsuccessful so it all depends on hw each person takes responsibilities for his or her life.
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by mejai(m): 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
@ OP, u r on point. Most firstborn(male) I know, both my nuclear and extended r disasters. Eager to squander wealth yet they can't work for it. Ryt now, my family r experiencin it. Infact almost my friends families r endurin same. I beliv it's not ordinarily. Though der may be some exceptions. But majority r disasters.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by Dranatomy: 12:53pm On Nov 19, 2012
what u believe on is wat wil work for u
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by ayotoyin(f): 12:54pm On Nov 19, 2012
PLEASE, KINDLY READ ROMANS 8 VS 1 -END ANYTIME YOU ARE CHANCED. HE BECAME A CURSE ON THE CROSS SO THAT WE MIGHT RECEIVE HIS BLESSINGS AND NOT CURSE, SO IF ANYMAN BE IN CHRIST......

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by Arosa(m): 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2012
Bill Gates is a first born son, the only curse I know he has is that he has too much money.

Beyonce is first child, she is more beautiful and richer than her younger sister solange.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by youngeyes: 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
Pls if u believe curse dey on u as first born , na ur palava oh, but as for me and others that believe , we no get curse for head.
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by youngeyes: 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2012
Arosa: Bill Gates is a first born son, the only curse I know he has is that he has too much money.

Beyonce is first child, she is more beautiful and richer than her younger sister solange.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Walahi ur head dey there . #jahbless
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by kunlekunle: 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2012
all xtians are firstborn in christ.
the fisrt born inherits all.
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by shadrach77: 1:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
This is a great lie from the pit of hell - was prophet Samuel not the first born of his mother?
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by Jazzgreen(m): 1:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
Im d 1st son and 2nd child.i beliv im far above d rest of my siblings.so if u say 1st sons are cursed, help explain my own case cos im EXCESSIVELY BLESSED, but if u say its so cos im d 2nd child,no wahala,its on ur own belief,but all i knw is dat im successful nt cos im d 2nd child or 1st son,but cos i worked for it.i didnt sleep on d bed of roses and becom wat i am.go and sleep on d sofa den expect to be gr8 cos u heard 2nd borns are gr8.NO GR8 MAN HAV EVER BEEN AMOUNCED TO BE SUCCESSFUL COS He's d 2nd child.all acquired fame by hard work.everybody must succeed , weather 1st ,2nd or even last born, im Jesus name.AMEN
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by ffo(m): 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
RUBBISH!!
We are no longer under any STUPID curse. u only place yourself on d curse. God has a reason for making us the first born. its a lie from the pit of HELL. FYI, I am redeemed.
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by Muttex(m): 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
This is rubbish tread. No curse any first born.... BRF na first born in his family.
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by Muttex(m): 1:24pm On Nov 19, 2012
Proud apart i am a first born and the most successful one. all you are mad here saying rubbish
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by begwong: 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2012
Arosa: @topic, Nonsense.
arrant nonsense!
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
ehie: Famous firstborns: Oprah, Hillary Clinton, Winston Churchill, Sylvester Stallone and Bill Clinton,Albert Einstein.Leonardo da Vinci,George W. Bush,Bill Cosby, Geraldo Rivera, Walter Cronkite, Peter Jennings, Dan Rather, Ted Koppel and Jackie Onassis.
Jimmy Carter
Gerald Ford
make I add more names Obama na first son, Queen of England na first born , Steve Jobs na first born, Kanu na first born, in fact the list is endless
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by vislabraye(m): 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
Arosa: Bill Gates is a first born son, the only curse I know he has is that he has too much money.

Strictly about male.
There are really no absolutes. Bill Gates if one of the few male and he wasn't even the first born.
Should we even talk about David who was annointed king?
Re: Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born by omowolewa: 1:36pm On Nov 19, 2012
A times some people just wake up from their dreams to create illusions!
Fallacy of the highest order.

Why not being optimistic and say something like; DO YOU BELIEVE FIRST BORN ARE BETTER LEADERS?

Something like that will be empirically reasonable.

Don't provoke me this afternoon oo o. You know I get Koboko!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / Osinbajo Will Be Sworn In As President; Atiku Will Take Over In 2019 – Prophet / Dunamis Statement On Arrest, Detention Of Buhari Must Go Protesters In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.