Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Proposed Amendments To The 1999 Constitution Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proposed Amendments To The 1999 Constitution Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria (2892 Views)

Drama As Tambuwal Joins Federal Republic Of Nigeria Party / Tambuwal:What The 1999 Nigerian Constitution Says About The Office Of Thespeaker / Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Proposed Amendments To The 1999 Constitution Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by emindu: 11:24am On Nov 19, 2012
May I respectfully introduce myself as Chief (Sir) Don Ubani; Okwubunka of Asa. I am a native of Umuiku-Isi-Asa Autonomous Community in Ukwa-West Local Government Area of Abia State. I am presently the State's Honourable Commissioner for Petroleum and Solid Minerals' Development.
May I crave your indulgence to suggest the following amendments to the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as amended;

(1) Let there be Fiscal Federalism as it was in the 1963 Republican Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

(2) Let the people of Asa and Ndoki who were balkanized, using the Mamman Nasir Boundary Adjustment Committee of 1976, be re-united by allowing them to remain in one State; Abia. Note, the Imo River that was used as boundary between the defunct East-Central State (now Abia) and Rivers State only depicts inconsistency in policy application.

(3) Let the exercise address the marginalization of Asa Communities who, : culturally, historically and administratively, should be part and parcel of the present Ukwa-West but were erroneously enslaved to the Ngwas of Osisioma.
the Communities are;
(a) Oberete-Asa,
(b) Asa Umumgbede,
(c) Asa Umudi
(d) Asa- Amaoka.

(4) Let Autonomous Communities form the Fourth Tier of Government, with specific roles assigned to the Traditional Rulers in strict uncompromised synergy and mutual healthy co-operation with the Community Union Leadership both of which shall mutually chart the course of development of the community.

(5) Let Forty Percent (40%) of Cumulative Revenue of the Local Government Council be given to the Autonomous Communities for their development.

(6) Let there be equality of numerical strength of States per Geo-Political Zone of Nigeria.

(7) Let any Nigerian that has lived for ten years and above in any part of Nigeria other than his place of origin be regarded and treated as an indigene of that place, without any form of socio-econo-political deprivation.

CHIEF(SIR)DON UBAN1; KSC, JP
(Okwubunka of Asa)

(1) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Goes On Stage Almost N*ked, Puts Legs Up / Buhari's Cows Severely Malnourished (see pictures) / Buhari’s 22-man Entourage To New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.