Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Pls Help! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls Help! (840 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help! by payne4real(m): 4:13pm On Nov 19, 2012
Pls guys i need u to help me. I want to design a site like www.sunnewsonline.com. Have already did some skeletal work.but am findind it very dificult to box d category as it is in sunnewsonline.com. Sugestion are welcome.am countn on u guys.thanks
Note: am i want to use joomla.
Re: Pls Help! by yawatide(f): 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2012
Use a Content Management System. From there, either customize or use a template to give you what you want. There are various layouts better than at Sun News so don't feel pressured to follow that particular route.

Good luck!
Re: Pls Help! by payne4real(m): 5:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
Tank ma, pls do you have any sugestion on any joomla component or module i can use 'cause have tried some and am not ok with the outcome.am waitin ma:
yawa-ti-de:
Use a Content Management System. From there, either customize or use a template to give you what you want. There are various layouts better than at Sun News so don't feel pressured to follow that particular route.

Good luck!
Re: Pls Help! by yawatide(f): 8:20pm On Nov 19, 2012
Having done a website for an online magazine, I would say that you can get away with using any of the default templates (customized of course) that come with the standard Joomla! installation.

Here is what I did:
1) I have a main section (for the main news item)
2) I created my sections (like sports, business, etc) and categories (for sports: football, basketball, etc)
3) On the home page, I chose the layout for 1 main section and 3x3 columns with 0 links
4) Each category layout was the blog layout

Good luck!
Re: Pls Help! by PGON(m): 9:53am On Nov 20, 2012
payne4real: Tank ma, pls do you have any sugestion on any joomla component or module i can use 'cause have tried some and am not ok with the outcome.am waitin ma:

if it is a magazine /purely blogging with images sliders on homepage like sunnews then you can go with wordpress. If you need a very good magazine theme them contact me immediately for one...
i will put up a demo, if you like it then you can go with it...

if you insist on joomla.. then you need some joomla extensions like frontpage slider around $24, other modules and blogging plugins and powerfull joomla magazine template..
Re: Pls Help! by payne4real(m): 12:43pm On Nov 20, 2012
@yewatide n PGON,Tnks for ur response. This is what i was able to come up with check it on ....www.legisreports-ng.com. Am looking at a layout where i will have 3 sections with 4 category each displayed on the front page. Sure i need slides. Have tried some out but am not jst ok with d display.pls if you have any template or module that cn give me the layout discribed above pls let me know.thanks once again. Pic Sample of wat i want below
PGON:

if it is a magazine /purely blogging with images sliders on homepage like sunnews then you can go with wordpress. If you need a very good magazine theme them contact me immediately for one...
i will put up a demo, if you like it then you can go with it...

if you insist on joomla.. then you need some joomla extensions like frontpage slider around $24, other modules and blogging plugins and powerfull joomla magazine template..

Re: Pls Help! by PGON(m): 2:29pm On Nov 20, 2012
i have seen your layout
i have a wordpress template that can do just that but since you are already on joomla..
i will look into my files...

soon!!!
Re: Pls Help! by payne4real(m): 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2012
Thank you sir. Am waiting
PGON: i have seen your layout
i have a wordpress template that can do just that but since you are already on joomla..
i will look into my files...

soon!!!
Re: Pls Help! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2012
That site you referred to was not done on Joomla.
If you want something exactly like that or similar then i might be able to help out cuz i've done it in the past...
you can reach me at gidilinks@yahoo.com
Re: Pls Help! by PGON(m): 6:46pm On Nov 20, 2012
payne4real: Thank you sir. Am waiting

take a look at this

http://demo.domainhostingpal.com/

and this extension also

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-display/articles-showcase/12751
Re: Pls Help! by yawatide(f): 6:46pm On Nov 20, 2012
If you did the legis-reports site, then it looks like you are almost there. I would not post so many news articles on the home page though. Maybe 1 per main section/category.

Good luck!
Re: Pls Help! by payne4real(m): 9:02pm On Nov 20, 2012
bro how can i get the demo template pls?
PGON:

take a look at this

http://demo.domainhostingpal.com/

and this extension also

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-display/articles-showcase/12751
Re: Pls Help! by payne4real(m): 9:04pm On Nov 20, 2012
that is what am finding vry hard to do.
yawa-ti-de:
If you did the legis-reports site, then it looks like you are almost there. I would not post so many news articles on the home page though. Maybe 1 per main section/category.

Good luck!
Re: Pls Help! by PGON(m): 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2012
payne4real: bro how can i get the demo template pls?

i can mail it to you if you really need it
Re: Pls Help! by yawatide(f): 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2012
If you are lucky enough to catch me online, perhaps I can show you how to limit the number of articles.
Re: Pls Help! by payne4real(m): 8:37pm On Nov 21, 2012
Yah bros. Payne4real@yahoo.com.God bless u sir
PGON:

i can mail it to you if you really need it
Re: Pls Help! by payne4real(m): 5:23pm On Nov 22, 2012
@PGON. Sir am waiting 4 d template n all its extension.Gog bless u real good
Re: Pls Help! by PGON(m): 5:36pm On Nov 22, 2012
payne4real: @PGON. Sir am waiting 4 d template n all its extension.Gog bless u real good

i will send the link to your box... the link will be valid for 24hrs.. only

Some remuneration is expected, you can always get more

edited....

Link Sent
Re: Pls Help! by payne4real(m): 8:53pm On Nov 22, 2012
Thanks av jst download d theme. I try to instal on local server but its gvn me error. Hw do i instal it? Ur phone number pls?
PGON:

i will send the link to your box... the link will be valid for 24hrs.. only

Some remuneration is expected, you can always get more

edited....

Link Sent
Re: Pls Help! by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 23, 2012
Sunnewsonline.com runs on WordPress (to confirm, visit http://sunnewsonline.com/new/wp-admin), the developer bought and used Exciter theme by Mojo themes http://www.mojo-themes.com/item/exciter-magazine-wordpress-themes/
Re: Pls Help! by payne4real(m): 10:52pm On Dec 13, 2012
Pls send me your contact, i want to discuse some stuff with you thanks
yawa-ti-de:
If you are lucky enough to catch me online, perhaps I can show you how to limit the number of articles.

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Some Good Copy Pasters For A Blog / [help] List Of Local Government Councils In Nigeria / Non Hosted Adsense Account For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.