Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,864 members, 7,862,856 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:56 AM

Baby Kidnapped Fromlabour Room By Gunmen - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Baby Kidnapped Fromlabour Room By Gunmen (612 Views)

NNPC Staff Abducted By Gunmen In Kaduna(photo) / Redeemed Pastor Funsho-Raphael Kidnapped In Kogi During Service By Gunmen / Five People Killed By Gunmen In Plateau On Their Way To A Market (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Baby Kidnapped Fromlabour Room By Gunmen by Ndkings1(m): 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
This sounds like a fairy tale but it is true.
Gunmen have invaded the labour room of a maternity home in Nkwoegwu, Ohuhu, inUmuahia North LGA of Abia State and took away a babydelivered a few minutes back, while nurses were battling to save the mother from bleeding to death.
The baby, a boy, was still dripping with blood when theevil men seized and folded him with the bed sheet in which he was lying.
The mother, Mrs. Eberechi Ihezukwu, says she still thinks that she is in one deep dream, which she will wake up from. “I only heard the cry of my baby and I asked the nurse its sex and she told me that it was a baby boy. I have had three girls for my husband and thisis the first male child. My heart was joyful as I felt that I have got an identity in my husband’s house.
With the joy, I was happy that if the nurses stopped the bleeding, its arrival would be a consolation for my travails. “Now see what they have done to me. My breasts are heavy with milk;it is a burden I have refusedto bear. They should please bring back my baby to suck my breasts. I refuse to believe that my baby has gone; the God who put it in my womb for nine months before its delivery will fish out the perpetrators and my baby will be brought back to me.
Peace will continue to elude those who have taken it until they bring it back to me,” Mrs. Ihezukwu prayed. Her husband, Clifford Ihezukwu, a radio/television repairer, said what was too much for him to understand was how the police, who he reported the incident to. turned him into a suspect and locked him up in a cell for two days (Tuesday to Thursday) until he allegedly bailed himself with N15, 000.
“On Tuesday, November 13, 2012, at about 2pm, my wifewho was already heavy witha baby told me she was going to hospital (Our Lady of Apostles, Nkwoegwu, Ohuhu, Umuahia North LGA ofAbia State) where she normally puts to bed. Later, she phoned me, seeking for my consent as the nurses wanted to give her hot drip to help her deliver of the baby since during her three previous pregnancies, there was no time she was given such hot drip before she putto bed. Instantly, I gave my consent if that would be thesolution to the problem.
I learnt that the drip was atabout 6pm. By 7pm, I went there to see her since it is within a short distance from my home. When I got to the maternity, I saw my wife’s sister rejoicing; she told me that my wife had just put tobed. I thanked God and told her to take charge while I went back to check what I was cooking. I was there when she rushed back to the house and was shouting:“My stomach! My stomach!” I asked her what was amiss and she told me that gunmen invaded the maternity, kicked her in the stomach after overpoweringthe security man and collected everybody’s cell phones, including that of my wife who was still inside the labour room where the nurses were battling to stopthe bleeding after the delivery.
Re: Baby Kidnapped Fromlabour Room By Gunmen by OAM4J: 10:54am On Nov 20, 2012

(1)

Man Robs Bank 55 Minutes After Being Released From Jail / Gunmen Kidnap 4 Chinese Construction Workers In Bayelsa / Two Killed, Five Injured As Robbers Raid Bank In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.