Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning (8349 Views)

Reception For Enugu Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi In Nsukka (photos) / Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch / Sullivan Chime, Enugu State Governor, Dies In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by Negro1: 1:36am On Nov 20, 2012
Senior Special Adviser to Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu State, Mrs. Jane Ugwu, has died of food poisoning, family sources disclosed on Sunday.

Ugwu passed on in the wee hours of Thursday moments after a meal she allegedly took at a public function in Nsukka area of the state.

It was gathered that the function, which was organised by a senator, was a town hall meeting meant to harmonise the opinions of stakeholders towards taking a common front at last week’s nationwide constitution review exercise.

A government official who declined to be named said, “Jane came back from the event and was complaining consistently of stomach ache and was rushed to Annunciation Hospital, Emene, Enugu where she gave up the ghost after three days.

“The autopsy report showed that her intestine was swollen and twisted with dark coloration which further gave credence to the pains she experienced before her death.”

Jane, who was 43 years old, hailed from Amogwu in Aku, Igbo-Etiti Local Government Area of the state.

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/11/enugu-state-governors-aide-died-of-food-poisoning-family.html
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by SlyIg(f): 5:49am On Nov 20, 2012
Its a pity!
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by WarriPikin1: 5:51am On Nov 20, 2012
Negro1: Family sources said that special adviser to Enugu state governor Gov. Sullivan Chime,in person of Mrs. Jane Ugwu died of food poisoning on Sunday.

Read more
http://naijaxplorer..com/2012/11/special-adviser-to-enugu-state-governor.html

Some people are moving around paying close confidants of people in power to poison them.It started with Patience Jonathan,then the Enugu governor and now his aide dies too.
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by benedictjohn(m): 8:57am On Nov 20, 2012
RIP OGA SIR....
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 20, 2012
Dem don use juju kill am. undecided
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by Ariyke: 8:58am On Nov 20, 2012
RIP
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by Obidonreal: 9:04am On Nov 20, 2012
nsukka na where my sch dey. UNN i mean,r.i.p mrs jane ugwu
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by lolaluv1(f): 9:06am On Nov 20, 2012
Na wa o!
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by SELFWORTH: 9:10am On Nov 20, 2012
In this day and age, I can't believe anyone will still eat at any family or even public function. There are a lot of wicked people out there and they will stop at nothing to get their own way.

1 Like

Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 20, 2012
This is a subtle way of assassination. Must have been done by her political rivals...may her political soul RIP
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by Sunymoore(m): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2012
Thats y i no even gree eat my wife's food wo. Cause im a hundrednaire
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by cyril83(m): 9:32am On Nov 20, 2012
Nigeria politics require very strong people not jst a mere deeper life member...otmp,juju,kurube,ogome has to be involved

1 Like

Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by fluffybaby(f): 9:33am On Nov 20, 2012
Negro1: Senior Special Adviser to Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu State, Mrs. Jane Ugwu, has died of food poisoning, family sources disclosed on Sunday.

Ugwu passed on in the wee hours of Thursday moments after a meal she allegedly took at a public function in Nsukka area of the state.

It was gathered that the function, which was organised by a senator, was a town hall meeting meant to harmonise the opinions of stakeholders towards taking a common front at last week’s nationwide constitution review exercise.

A government official who declined to be named said, “Jane came back from the event and was complaining consistently of stomach ache and was rushed to Annunciation Hospital, Emene, Enugu where she gave up the ghost after three days.

“The autopsy report showed that her intestine was swollen and twisted with dark coloration which further gave credence to the pains she experienced before her death.”

Jane, who was 43 years old, hailed from Amogwu in Aku, Igbo-Etiti Local Government Area of the state.

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/11/enugu-state-governors-aide-died-of-food-poisoning-family.html

Chei Nigeria, did they carry out conclusive autopsy? Did they test her blood or other body fluid for poison? Anything could cause a persons intestines to be infected. Through the years if a knoted intestine is not treated it could cause such problem. Naija I hail o! Only in Naija do they use looks to determine guilt. If a man is killed and they find goat blood in another mans house they will say that man killed him. No tests on the blood to prove it actually belongs to the deceased.

1 Like

Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by iBukas: 9:34am On Nov 20, 2012
Who poison am?
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by goldng: 9:36am On Nov 20, 2012
RIP
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by Sammyramires(m): 10:05am On Nov 20, 2012
Nigeria has now become an haven of sorts 4 d men undercover....... I just pray to God to give the deceased family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss..... Justice will prevail in this counry of ours one day!!!
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by passion007: 10:24am On Nov 20, 2012
Sensationalism in journalism is a trend to be condemned...first off, the quoted autopsy report could not have been from the Pathologist as it is both scant, unprofessional and sounds largely paraphrased. A pathologist's report will state categorically what the primary and secondary causes of death were. The journalist is only keen to reach a cause-and-effect relatioship, especially to manufacture a piece of sensational news.

Based on the scant information I could glean from the reports, it is highly likely the poor lady may have suffered intestinal obstruction, and the curious timing with her eating at a public function may have been only co-incidental.

2 Likes

Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by ntakpan: 10:38am On Nov 20, 2012
I think people especially politicians should show some restrain
when eating at public fuctions. if its a buffet, all good. You have
all the money to eat what you want and where you want to.
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by Miamibutch(m): 11:57am On Nov 20, 2012
only if she had decided to fast at that moment....RIP
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by slimming: 12:02pm On Nov 20, 2012
Everyone of us need to be careful too o.

1 Like

Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by redsun(m): 12:14pm On Nov 20, 2012
When they mean food poison,are they talking of somebody plying otapiapia in her food deliberately or poison that she got from just being unhygenic,ie,eating food with contaminated hands or food that has been laced with bacterial for long being expose to dangerous tempratures where bacterial thrive?

There are so many unseen things that can kill you easily,if dont know how to deal with the.And that is what kills nigerians most.

2 Likes

Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by mallorca(m): 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2012
R.I.P
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by MMM2(m): 1:20pm On Nov 20, 2012
Rip
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by Jimatex(m): 1:25pm On Nov 20, 2012
She might have eaten unclean food

Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 20, 2012
Why wasn't she flown to Germany?poor her.
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by salolo(m): 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2012
it is a pity
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by deyoungijeoma: 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2012
it is a pity that such thing is happening in this countryoooo. however, may God give the family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by kinguwem: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2012
The autopsy findings is suggestive of intestinal obstruction. If the lady was in the hospital for 3 days before she died, was she reviewed by a surgeon. Perhaps, if she was flown to Germany she would still be alive.
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by Guyman02: 4:14pm On Nov 20, 2012
I leant that the even use bluetooth to send the poison this days in parts of Enugu. Na him be say people go fear to chop for this Xmas in Enugu.
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by hardbody: 10:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
kinguwem: The autopsy findings is suggestive of intestinal obstruction. If the lady was in the hospital for 3 days before she died, was she reviewed by a surgeon. Perhaps, if she was flown to Germany she would still be alive.

Surgeon? For food poisoning? I thought surgeons were experts in surgery? What is it again pathologists do? I attended adult and night schools.
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by Odunnu: 11:38am On Nov 21, 2012
kinguwem: The autopsy findings is suggestive of intestinal obstruction. If the lady was in the hospital for 3 days before she died, was she reviewed by a surgeon. Perhaps, if she was flown to Germany she would still be alive.
She was not reviewed by any surgeon. Medical officers only. Her death is another example of incompetence and laxity in the medical field.
A R/D on call refered her to UNTH for u/s and proper management after he querried an ulcer diagnoses but the original officer who admitted her and who was higher according to 'office' administration turned the referal down and kept her in the hospital treating Godknowswhat without any tests
Re: Special Adviser To Enugu Governor Dies Of Food Poisoning by mummy3(f): 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2013
benedict john: RIP OGA SIR....

Pls can Jane be Sir?

(1) (Reply)

Suntai Sues Speaker, Seeks Powers As Gov / “I Found Buhari Very Competent & A Square Peg In A Square Hole” – Gbenga Olateru / I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.