Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,142 members, 7,845,783 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

What is BMI and How to calculate your BMI - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What is BMI and How to calculate your BMI (944 Views)

BMI and Overweight!!! / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What is BMI and How to calculate your BMI by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 20, 2012
The Body Mass Index (or BMI) is a way of seeing if your weight is appropriate for your height. The actual calculation is your weight (in kilograms) divided by your height (in metres) squared but it's also easy to read on the chart. BMI can be divided into several categories and generally the higher your BMI, the greater your risk of a large range of medical problems.

An example of a BMI calculator can be found here:

http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmi-m.htm

BMI =========Category
Below 18.5 ======Underweight
18.5-25 ======= Normal
25-30 =======Overweight
Over 30 =======Obese

1 Like

Re: What is BMI and How to calculate your BMI by Odunnu: 9:14am On Nov 20, 2012
Calculating my BMI is one of the many things i've learnt from Nairaland. There was this thread on here sometime ago about High BP, thats where somebody taught me.
Its good we keep an eye on our BMI to avoid some avoidable illnesses

(1) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Grapes / Ebola Drug Made From Tobacco Plant Saves U.S. Aid Workers / Ebola – What You’re Not Being Told

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.