Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,189 members, 7,839,043 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

I Need A Career Counselor - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need A Career Counselor (3080 Views)

How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? / Career As A Counselor / A Career Counselor Should Help Me Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Career Counselor by tsharp(m): 12:54pm On Nov 20, 2012
Hello guys. I wish to be hooked up with a reputable career counselor in Lagos. I need a professional please. And I am ready to pay for the services. Thanks.
Re: I Need A Career Counselor by Samoo01: 7:41am On Mar 27, 2013
Let's hope folks who have an idea of it reply to this read.
Re: I Need A Career Counselor by Fireballs: 9:30am On Mar 27, 2013
TSharp, you definitely must be an intelligent person. What you are doing is searching for a map to navigate the jungle of career/profession. It is really a jungle, yes a jungle because there so many hurdles to overcome and you have to be strong enough. Choosing a wrong carrer is like going down the wrong lane for several years only to discover its the wrong route and having to turn back to the starting point. Most people dont ever recover and they lament for life. Add me on BB at 2927f69c. Wish you best of luck.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Career Counselor by AjanleKoko: 10:41am On Mar 27, 2013
Just get good material on career planning and read. With the Internet, and from books, you can get multiple perspectives about the same thing, rather than relying on the biased advice of one single person.

Reid Hoffman (founder of LinkedIn) just published a new book, 'The Start Up Of You'. It's a good point to start, you can order it on Amazon wink
Re: I Need A Career Counselor by tsharp(m): 8:43am On Mar 28, 2013
@Ajanlekoko

Thanks for this. It's just that these foreign models are a bit dizzying, given our Nigerian realities. That there is so little interest in my topic also tells me I have to rely on your suggestion and Nigerianise what I learn. Thanks again.
Re: I Need A Career Counselor by AjanleKoko: 9:36am On Mar 28, 2013
tsharp: @Ajanlekoko

Thanks for this. It's just that these foreign models are a bit dizzying, given our Nigerian realities. That there is so little interest in my topic also tells me I have to rely on your suggestion and Nigerianise what I learn. Thanks again.

Nigeria isn't much different from any part of the world. There's nothing we do here that we didn't copy from somewhere.
We just use that 'Nigerian factor' thing as an excuse to make up for our personal and national failings. You can learn from anywhere, and localize your learning. Start first by learning and reading.
Re: I Need A Career Counselor by Jarus(m): 6:25pm On Mar 28, 2013
You may also regularly visit my blog, www.jarushub.com, which focuses on career, mentorship and education.
Re: I Need A Career Counselor by Jarus(m): 6:26pm On Mar 28, 2013
AjanleKoko: Just get good material on career planning and read. With the Internet, and from books, you can get multiple perspectives about the same thing, rather than relying on the biased advice of one single person.

Reid Hoffman (founder of LinkedIn) just published a new book, 'The Start Up Of You'. It's a good point to start, you can order it on Amazon wink

I agree very much with this. Very important. You may need to pick here and there and sieve.

(1) (Reply)

Career Prospect Of Certified Fraud Examiner(cfe) In Nigeria / What Does Actuarial Science Entail? / Standard Chartered Gallup Personality Test - Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.