Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,993 members, 7,835,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem (27733 Views)

Glo Launches Another Whooping Data Plan, Will You Rock It? / Glo Launches 'Glo Gista' 15 Kobo Per Second New Tariff / GLO Launches 'GBAM Hi Five' 5 Kobo Per Second New Tariff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by slimming: 10:34am On Nov 21, 2012
The network in your area determine the best one for you.

1 Like

Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 21, 2012
naijathings:
you are paying this much for internet and you are happy. even saying "glo rocks" angry
Cant you see his username?

1 Like

Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 21, 2012
HOW MUCH AND WHAT SPEED ARE WE GETTING
Now they should work on their dataplan and prices....unlimited browsing for a month with d price of 3500k cant be dat bad........ Dstv does it
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by RedLight1: 10:40am On Nov 21, 2012
Billyonaire: I dont think Glo has ever lied to customers. They pioneered Per Second Billing! Besides, na we we!!!

what of their invincible 4g service? grin
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by RedLight1: 10:41am On Nov 21, 2012
i dunno if all these speed are necessary without necessarily bandwidth to power it up
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by Dee60: 10:53am On Nov 21, 2012
I cant be fooled by their gimmicks. All of the networks pick from the same source and they just hire spin doctors to cook up some names to lure consumers....well done advertisers..bolt ko, nuts ni.

1 Like

Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by purplekayc(m): 11:00am On Nov 21, 2012
think i'll stick 2 my spectranet 4 now lol
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by AroComputerCe(m): 11:03am On Nov 21, 2012
These telecom companies are draining Nigerians of their hard earned money. Can Glo explain to Nigerians what happened to the previous internet services they lunched in the past. I hate marketers who make all kinds of deceptive noise just to sell their products. Today, it is glo bolt. When the bolt is worn out after 3months, they will launch glo thunder. Whatever names they call it, their bandwidth is from the same platform. All Nigerians want is improvement in service delivery.
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by Elgaxton(m): 11:08am On Nov 21, 2012
asids55:

na until i dey get 1tb per second me go fit rely on nija network

I will be waiting for that dream to come true cheesy
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by texazzpete(m): 11:16am On Nov 21, 2012
After all the noise, it's just plain old HSDPA+

'super fast modem' my butt

1 Like

Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by Dee60: 11:21am On Nov 21, 2012
Aro Computer Ce: These telecom companies are draining Nigerians of their hard earned money. Can Glo explain to Nigerians what happened to the previous internet services they lunched in the past. I hate marketers who make all kinds of deceptive noise just to sell their products. Today, it is glo bolt. When the bolt is worn out after 3months, they will launch glo thunder. Whatever names they call it, their bandwidth is from the same platform. All Nigerians want is improvement in service delivery.

Advertisers here go free with that kind of crime, promising what cannot be delivered. They will do that until people start to sue and courts start to defend innocent and victimized customers. Deceptive noise indeed. Bolt ko, nuts ni!
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by Revolva(m): 11:30am On Nov 21, 2012
Oya MTN don increase their bandwidth and glo don start dem own airtel where una dey after etisalat go come with dem format na - all na wash
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by goldng: 11:34am On Nov 21, 2012
Rule your World grin
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by naijathings(m): 11:40am On Nov 21, 2012
even if the modem is 1gb per sec. it will only give you what the network sends to it. abi the modem na amplifier?
and it makes me angry to see that people are rejoicing over such rubbish.
even the 7.2mb modem seff nova dey download at a rate of 7mb/sec so whats all the rejoicing about if not to show lack of common sense? angry

1 Like

Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 21, 2012
I'm gonna totally rule my world with this.
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 21, 2012
Red-Light:

what of their invincible 4g service? grin
Depends on what architecture you are using for your data plan, you dont use a 3G modem and work station and expect to connect to a 4G network.
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by zikclassiq(m): 12:18pm On Nov 21, 2012
chinnyonwu: I'd not be impressed till I download at 1gb/sec.
for wch country?
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by kokosheen(m): 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
chinnyonwu: I'd not be impressed till I download at 1gb/sec.

Haba, no country in the world boasts of 1Gb/sec at user end. I've a Glo modem that gives me up to 1.5MBS, which is quite cool (I can stream movies direct and still run torrents in the background).

If they can increase their network speed to range of 10 - 15MBS, then that's impressive.
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by earthrealm(m): 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
CLWONS!!!!
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by mrrock: 1:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
I've been hearing about this supposedly fast GLO 1 cable for many years without any network improvement to show for it. It appears it all happens on Radio, Paper and TV.
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by erad(m): 1:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
SERIOUSLY, what is the problem with Nigerians. Whatever is our right, we don't fight for it. That thing that is none of our business is what we'll now start making noise ova. Glo are advertising and marketing their product, did they force anybody to buy at gun-point?? That's why they have substitutes like airtel, mtn n co so you can make your choice and shut the hell up. Now sum idiots who hv d opportunity of stepping outside the Nigerian shores come and start saying nonsense as if everything is free where they are. American idiots, what don't u pay for in america?? U pay electricity bill, phone bill, internet bill, water bill, tax on all sorts of bullshit and u still cum here and act like u are better off.

They are not forcing anyone to buy, focus ur anger on ur clueless government and not a businessman trying to make his money in a very fair manner.

1 Like

Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by BTT(m): 1:37pm On Nov 21, 2012
madridsta007: Hope they contacted Usain Bolt. Else Glo should expect some litigation very soon.

Chairman, 'Bolt' na Engrish word nah. Except him fit prove say na him 'palle' manufacture the word.

Glo services still leaves room for improvement, but overall, I rate them the best in Naija.
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by BTT(m): 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
madridsta007: Hope they contacted Usain Bolt. Else Glo should expect some litigation very soon.
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by morgist(m): 1:50pm On Nov 21, 2012
Stallion77:

no.. you are the fifth! olodo!

Do i know you?
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by Tascocent(m): 2:29pm On Nov 21, 2012
Now i think Speed is now measured in BOLT......
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by 5much(m): 2:36pm On Nov 21, 2012
fingers crossed.waiting for its implementation.
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2012
Capital RUBBISH. gCloWNS thinks we are Tech Illiterates.
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by psyqs(m): 3:48pm On Nov 21, 2012
na wash
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by luluosas(m): 4:53pm On Nov 21, 2012
Overview of the Glo Bolt HSI

The HSI service has been revamped and rechristened Glo Bolt and improved to become the most exciting internet service offering. The innovations are sure to revolutionize mobile internet services in Nigeria. This is internet as has never been used in Nigeria before!
One great feature of Glo Bolt is the Self-Care Portal available at http://hsi.glo.com/. This special feature is unique to Glo and only available on the Glo network. Access to the portal is free for all Glo subscribers and has a list of all subscription plans and promotions. Customers can also view their subscription status, enable/cancel auto renewal of their subscriptions and buy and activate plans.
Now, we are launching another BIG feature for Glo BOLT which in addition to the portal will revolutionize the way mobile internet service is used in Nigeria. Now on Glo BOLT, customers can do the following:

-Share Subscription Plans
-Gift Subscription Plans

Sharing
Glo customers can now share their BOLT subscriptions with their friends, family and loved ones. A customer with wife and 2 kids buys a subscription plan and rather than buy 4 subscriptions, he buys only one plan and shares it with his 3 loved ones.
The loved ones will be notified via SMS from the network of the shared plan.

Gifting
Glo customers can now buy a subscription and send it to friends, family and loved ones as ‘gifts’. This feature is especially useful when the person buying the gift (or ‘gifter’) doesn’t want to share his subscription with the intended recipient (giftee).
The gift recipient will be notified via customized SMS from the sender (and the network).

Other features
Customers can also view their transaction history on the portal, generate invoices of their transactions and view status of all their plans among other things.

Data Rollover
Customers can now have the unused portions of their subscription volumes carried over when their subscriptions expire and volume not exhausted.
30% Instant Bonus
Customers get 30% instant bonus added to every plan they subscribe to – no conditions. Just subscribe and get 30% added instantly!
Free Internet for 6 months
New modem activations will get 500MB data free of charge INSTANTLY and free internet access for 6 months. Free internet is available to customers who subscribe to a plan of N1,000 or more. They will get an additional 200MB added to their subscription volumes free of charge for 6 months!

Cost of Modem
Cost: N3,999. Available at Gloworld outlets and 3G Dealers.
http://www.gloworld.com/hsi.asp

Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by smartg(m): 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2012
You don't hv to come out and b telling us about you product when it comes to internet connection, just relax yourself , share some moderm for free, let people have a taste of it and use it for some months, then if your product is good it will speak for itself faster than your advert.
Re: Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
tomakint: Trying hard to sound smart just to draw unwary members of the public to their 'chameleonic netwok' that act like 'paramole' almost every day undecided You hear response like, 'the number you are calling is not available now please try again later' despite the person u are calling is in the same compound where you are probably the next flat! shocked MTN, Airtel and Etisalat should double up on their voice calls services instead of this lame 'Internet packages' or else.....

You dey for your room de call your landlords daughter for phone abi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 10T (65,400) Vs TECNO Spark 7p (60,900) Which Should U Buy? (photos) / Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps / Breaking: Video Calls Are Going Live In Whatsapp. Updated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.