Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,674 members, 7,851,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:35 PM

Dangerous Thing We Did As Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dangerous Thing We Did As Kids (720 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / The Thing We Do For The Kids(photo) / Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dangerous Thing We Did As Kids by lollydyss: 7:57am On Nov 21, 2012
I picked up this thrend somewhere i just feel i should share with you guys to share your experience as a kid...funnt things kids did,only God saved us all.

These may sound funny but there is the saying that "Little children have guardian angels with them always". I believe this because I know what I passed through during my childhood days.

If many of us would remember when we play with "drip container" as football, we use to go inside a lagoon to search for this object, and even as try to remove the syringe on it, we mistakenly injured ourselves with it. . We are so naive about STDs and other contagious diseases.

Do u remember when we use to play with condom like it is balloon? . Jesus! *pukes* excuse me.

I remember climbing on a pig just because I saw a man on a horse on T.V. .

Yeah! We use to use rubber band to make catapult and use paper to catapult ourselves . I almost had one eye when someone used an iron-like object to "fire" me. .

The "acrobatics" . I lost a tooth while showing some skills. . "baflit", "steady"etc. . One I tried doing baflit on a fence believing that the saw dust on the floor will protect me. I had a fracture that day . *sighs*

Yes! Riding keke and tyre and even competing with cars . Use to do that with our newly purchased pants . I lost a friend in the process while he tried to cross the road with his molue tyre . Well, maybe he has no guardian angel . There are more. Let me think....

1    Flood was our best friend those days. . We use to swim in any kind of water be it black or mouldy. What? U think it was disgusting? U really missed something .
When it rains, u will busy swimming in the gutter-like pool when a "shi.t" will pass by you. Damn! . Life .

I remember "white sand" in Orile Iganmu, where we use to catch little fishes and play football.lol(tad poles)

2.    Flying kites was not safe either cos we use to focus on the kite in the sky without knowing where we step our foot in. Check most nak.ed wires in some ghettos and u will see some evidence of unlucky kite pilots .

1 Like.

3.    Those days we use to put everything we buy in our pocket. Like kuli-kuli, offio, even bread , fish roll, buns, suya etc. There was a day I was asked to buy utapiapia and used the change to buy kuli-kuli and put both the kuli-kuli and utapiapia in one pocket. . God thank you so much for your love.

4.    children of these days are missing big time o!
Me wey fit roll tyre from Ejigbo to Isolo during my days with pant....LOL!
Going to swim on one place called koto aye not far from NNPC...I nearly drowned at a time if not for help!
My trusting people started from my childhood, I can follow you to your house (sometimes 1 hour walk). Looking back now...I just thank God....eating up and down also...Hmmm!

5.Those days we used to use bag of garri as vehicle where one person will sit on it and another stronger person will be pulling it on a cemented floor. We did it until the bag will tear to pieces and even affect someone's pant

which one did you do during your time?
--
Re: Dangerous Thing We Did As Kids by mabebe1(f): 8:22am On Nov 21, 2012
i used to go very far to get dirty crown corks 4 our skipin game, put tin tomato can on d stove tryin 2 mk candles, played wit nails n broken bottles..played hotcake wit sand n if u fal dwn d stick on top, u wil b beaten by al d gamers..
One ty ;Dm dy beat me..i almost fainted..we played wit dose plastic dols, made dreses 4 dem..menn twas fun

(1) (Reply)

Dumb Ways To Die (video) / As A Teen, What's The Best B-day Gift You Want From Your Family / Bed-wetting Beyond Age 13: Natural Or A Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.