Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,699 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin (15665 Views)

15 Tips To Maintain A Healthy Skin / Vitamins 4 A Glowing Smooth,silky,spotless Skin / Vitamins For Skin & Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by ryback(m): 9:50am On Nov 21, 2012
Choose to put into your body will reflect itself on your skin. Diets filled with processed foods often leave skin looking and feeling dull, oily, and discolored. But nourished bodies that are fueled with whole foods containing the recommended amount of vitamins often display a much healthier appearance. What vitamins do you need and what exactly do they do? Here are the basics on vitamins and skin health.

1. Vitamin A

Necessary for the maintenance and repair of vital skin tissue, vitamin A is the key to healthy skin. If you’re deficient in vitamin A, your skin may take on a dry, flaky complexion. Get your daily recommended allowances of vitamin A through foods such as sweet potatoes, carrots, and dark, leafy vegetables. Research by the American Academy of Dermatology has shown that when used on the skin, lotions containing vitamin A can help control acne and reduce lines and wrinkles.

2. Vitamin B Complex

Found in foods like oatmeal, rice, eggs, and bananas, vitamin B complex contains the nutrient, biotin, which forms the basis of nails, skin, and hair cells. Too little vitamin B complex in your diet can cause dermatitis or hair loss. Topical creams and ointments made with B vitamins can instantly hydrate cells and give a healthy glow to skin. Using some creams containing vitamin B has also been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties and to even out skin tone.

3. Vitamin C

Fill up on citrus fruits, leafy greens, bell peppers, and cauliflower, all of which are full of this vital nutrient. Vitamin C has been known to fight colds and when used on the skin, vitamin C can help collagen production. Vitamin C can also help reduce wrinkles, improve skin texture, and reduce photo damage.

4. Vitamin E

Use vitamin E on your skin to help reduce the appearance of scars and rough, dry skin. To keep skin looking supple and soft, try adding more nuts, olives, and spinach to your diet, all of which are high in the vitamin. These foods will not only help your skin stay soft, but will help your hair’s luster and strength. For stubborn scars, try rubbing vitamin E oil on the scar to reduce its appearance.

5. Vitamin K

Vitamin K can be best used on the skin to help with dark circles and bruises. Look for lotions and creams that contain this vitamin to help fade discolorations on the skin, and help with wrinkle reduction. Though a diet filled with dark, leafy greens will help your vitamin K needs, the best way for your skin to get the most benefit is to use it topically.

Readers Digest

3 Likes

Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by blueghost(m): 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2012
hmmmm doctor, think will try dat
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by MadCow1: 4:11pm On Nov 21, 2012
Quite educating... But nothing here helpd skin colour..

This post is a paid advert for TURA creme.. TURA, bridging the skin colour gap between Whites and Blacks since 1972.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by emyibe(m): 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
what are the sources of vitamin k

1 Like

Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by Valiantvaliant(m): 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
Does this cure or at least prevent Pimpus, Exima and stretch marks?
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by mimifavour(f): 4:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
Gud post[color=#990000][[i][/i]/color]
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
I guess all these vitamins can be found in Bleaching/Toning creams our African ladies use nowadays. The way their skins radiate with beauty is amazing...

1 Like

Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by 5much(m): 4:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
thank you for this post.it came handy
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by vislabraye(m): 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2012
Also high level of oestrogen helps brightens the skin.

Women who are pregnant and those who have active sex life have very radiant skin.
If you doubt me, just find out.
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by Havilah93(m): 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2012
what about vitamin D?
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by Rooneyboy(m): 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2012
Thanks poster,back in the day I used to be much lighter but nw I can't just tell what I'm turning into, I've really gone dark.

HELP PLEASE, SOMEBODY HELP.
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by MadCow1: 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2012
Rooneyboy: Thanks poster,back in the day I used to be much lighter but nw I can't just tell what I'm turning into, I've really gone dark.

HELP PLEASE, SOMEBODY HELP.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2012
emyibe: what are the sources of vitamin k

What can high-vitamin K foods do for you?

Allow your blood to clot normally
Help protect your bones from fracture
Help prevent postmenopausal bone loss
Help prevent calcification of your arteries
Provide possible protection against liver and prostate cancer
What events can indicate a need for more high-vitamin K foods?

Excessive bleeding, including heavy menstrual bleeding, gum bleeding, bleeding within the digestive tract, or nosebleeding
Easy bruising
Problems with calcification of the blood vessels or heart valves
Problems with bone fracture or bone weakening
Excellent sources of vitamin K include parsley, kale, spinach, Brussels sprouts, Swiss chard, green beans, asparagus, broccoli, kale, mustard greens, turnip greens, collard greens, thyme, romaine lettuce, sage, oregano, cabbage, celery, sea vegetables, cucumber, leeks, cauliflower, tomatoes, and blueberries.

1 Like

Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by tevinsolt: 4:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
while vitamin A might be good, it is also dangerous. too much of it could cause blindness, it also triggers osteoclasts, cells that removes calcium from osteocytes, which could eventually cause osteoporosis and probably kidney stones.
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by Rooneyboy(m): 4:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
Mad Cow:

I didn't mean it that way bro, I no one bleach.
grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 21, 2012
which cream i fit use 4 my skin...am a black guy..buh not dark...ah no wan bleachin cream oo... sad
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by bblacky(f): 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
2. Vitamin B Complex

Found in foods like oatmeal, rice, eggs, and bananas, vitamin B complex contains the nutrient, biotin, which forms the basis of nails, skin, and hair cells. Too little vitamin B complex in your diet can cause dermatitis or hair loss. Topical creams and ointments made with B vitamins can instantly hydrate cells and give a healthy glow to skin. Using some creams containing vitamin B has also been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties and to even out skin tone.

Hmmmm......i guess i lack in ds one....
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2012
You are simply what you eat, eat lots of fruits and it would tell on your skin.
Besides, an apple a day takes the doctor a step away, we need to introduce eating of fruits and vegetables into our daily food consumption.

Also, I think Jergens is good for the skin especially the one with shea butter content.
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 21, 2012
Jezyfreezman: which cream i fit use 4 my skin...am a black guy..buh not dark...ah no wan bleachin cream oo... sad

Try jergens, you would love it!
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by MMM2(m): 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
6. 2 much alcohol in d body lighting d skin colour undecided

So alwayz drink hot drinks with ice tongue
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2012
Abeg wetin be the name of that vitamin wey early morning sun they dash the body?
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by Kslib(m): 5:21pm On Nov 21, 2012
Jezyfreezman: which cream i fit use 4 my skin...am a black guy..buh not dark...ah no wan bleachin cream oo... sad
Na wa oh.. You no go leave your body as e be?? Your body dey try tell you say your present colour na im good for you...
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by Kslib(m): 5:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: Abeg wetin be the name of that vitamin wey early morning sun they dash the body?
vitamin D.. But the one wey sun dey give for afternoon na vitamib 2D cos the vitaminal rate go double.. So i go advice you to dey collect afternoon 2D vitamin.. In one week time,you go see changes for your face....

2 Likes

Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by lightheart(m): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
Kslib:
vitamin D.. But the one wey sun dey give for afternoon na vitamib 2D cos the vitaminal rate go double.. So i go advice you to dey collect afternoon 2D vitamin.. In one week time,you go see changes for your face....

U wan roast people face baa? grin
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2012
Kslib:
lol. So...4rm ur calculations, d vitamin received btw 5-6pm later in d noon ll b vitamin 3D. Ur brain is correct, like a clock

1 Like

Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by AdeniyiA(m): 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
if u're a over-black,try mix palm oil n veg oil to rub ur skin,then... _u're OYO
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by milky3(f): 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: Abeg wetin be the name of that vitamin wey early morning sun they dash the body?
vitamin D
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by milky3(f): 6:05pm On Nov 21, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
if u're a over-black,try mix palm oil n veg oil to rub ur skin,then... _u're OYO
i wonder y u handle reasonable post with unreasonable comment. W@ has palm/veg.oil got 2 do wt dis.
Some myt take it serios thereby causing an havoc ti dem

1 Like

Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by remmyton(f): 6:05pm On Nov 21, 2012
binger: I guess all these vitamins can be found in Bleaching/Toning creams our African ladies use nowadays. The way their skins radiate with beauty is amazing...

ROFLMAO hahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2012
milky@:

vitamin D
tanx. Kslib already mentioned it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos COVID-19 Cases Likely To Peak In August - Abayomi / Ebola: Nigeria's Healthcare System Failed Us / Woman Who Gave Birth At The Staff Screening Exercise In Kogi State, Gets N1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.