Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,429 members, 7,836,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport (11422 Views)

Man Swallows $115,000 At The Murtula Muhammed Airpot / Passenger Beats Conductor To Stupor In Ikeja, Lagos (photos) / Nigerian Man Who Returned From Brazil For Wedding Arrested With Cocaine In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by Kingslaw(m): 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
Chai!! Our money / Una money!
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by Kingslaw(m): 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2012
Chai!! Our money / Una money!
Abeg make una come de pass ph nobody will stop you.chop i chop.
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by ajadek(m): 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2012
What's the maximum shld someone carried if u r traveld?
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by ziondaughter: 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2012
Dis is mobile ATM machine
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by Tyche(m): 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2012
The guy decleared the money na.

If his intention was to launder the money, he wouldn't have decleared it.

Free the young man abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by ghettodreamz(m): 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2012
Guy, give them quota, make them free you na. All these naija boys sef, OT no de gum una for head. ***Shm***

1 Like

Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
But are these guyz really illiterate or what ? You can put all your cash in your GTB account and spend in the UAE even up to $1m per day, there is no purchase limit on cards. Why cash
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by Ozonna(m): 6:19pm On Nov 21, 2012
aryzgreat: This is a business gone sour. Alaba traders do this a lot, they contribute money and give to a trader to help them pay to their customers, most of them dont like transfer, they prefer to pay charges and risk the cash movement

I thought as much too
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:21pm On Nov 21, 2012
begwong: please keep him in your custody(police) thats my money.
I am coming with proof of ownership to claim it biko!

Okwudili.. LIE!! i say it is a LIE!! you cannot escape this time.. Where is my money
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 21, 2012
elopee3000: People re just stupid if ur going on a busines trip why not declare the amount u ve with u must u guys wait for efcc to seize ur money before u tell them how much ur caring ,any ways wetin be my own inside sef?
u definitely didn't read the report properly.
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2012
EFCC go chop de money clean mouth. Or have they repented?
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by ghettodreamz(m): 6:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
Billyonaire: But are these guyz really illiterate or what ? You can put all your cash in your GTB account and spend in the UAE even up to $1m per day, there is no purchase limit on cards. Why cash

I wonder! I tire for them... Efcc for wia ? Anyway na their percentile dem wan collect, once bar enter hand tori go change.
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by aglomar: 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2012
Laundering again!
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by Wallie(m): 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2012
Billyonaire: But are these guyz really illiterate or what ? You can put all your cash in your GTB account and spend in the UAE even up to $1m per day, there is no purchase limit on cards. Why cash

Because GTB cash will be in Naira and if you want it in dollars, they have a limited supply.

I think most of you guys do not understand what's going on. There is a limit on how much Naira you can exchange to dollars and bureau de change operators are mandated by CBN to only sell dollars to certain people.

The problem is how are you going to explain the source of the dollars to EFCC since there's a limit on the amount of dollars you can get legally?

This is what happens - bureau de change operators sell dollars wholesale to traders or people trying to smuggle money out of the country because its easier sell and they make a very quick profit. Who wants to sell dollars $100 at a time when you can sell your entire CBN allocation without even stepping out of your house with just one phone call?
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by Fidelis5(m): 7:11pm On Nov 21, 2012
Pls before u say wat u dn't knw about people taking money out Nigeria be sure wat u say cos all those money are nt owned by one person but different individuals bt all giving to one person for buying of goods in like china and other countries cos that's the biznez I do as well cos it pains me when u dn't give all those EFCC alittle money inside ur passport they will be shouting is money laundry and drug money so pls be away is nt wat u re all thinking this money is owned by some boys from ALABA mkt computer village and LADIPO wayhouse

1 Like

Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by TonySpike: 7:22pm On Nov 21, 2012
Donlouise: Onwa december!! grin
Onwa December! Onwa December! Onwa December! Onye Ego! Ogharanya!
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by tjadeba(m): 7:32pm On Nov 21, 2012
I am still wondering why the government agency had to run to the press over this matter.I mean its not logical for a 'theif' to declare a stolen item to the police.a thorough investigation should have been done before rushig to the press.most probably they asked for some part of the bar and guy refused to budge..
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by MadCow1: 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by deloon(m): 8:09pm On Nov 21, 2012
goldenval: Oh my fucking dog!, you must be kidding me!!, $320k while I am here begging my brother to transfer just 10k to my account and he refused, now this animals in a black skin will claim this money and share it among themselves!! sad
Dude, WTF!
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by Shaggyfreshfish(m): 8:10pm On Nov 21, 2012
Na flyin bullet go kill all these custom officers n efcc idiots. Na common man dia power reach. Y dm nor go seize facrook moni? Bastardssssssss!
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by Dee60: 8:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
When will they start arresting the real owners?
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by Callotti: 8:38pm On Nov 21, 2012
[size=20pt]Onwuekwe Anthony Chidi [/size]

He must be from Delta State. . . grin
James Onanefe Ibori must have sent him!
Mu he he he he he he

Only an daft illiterate will travel with such amount of money without explaining how he accquired such a sum on his person!

1 Like

Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by SELFWORTH: 8:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
It seems most of these criminals are Igbo/ibo. It seems criminality runs in their veins. Everything is them, them , them.... embarassed
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by SELFWORTH: 8:54pm On Nov 21, 2012
What baffles me is that despite the publicity, another stupid person will attempt the same thing next week and make headline news.
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by neobusiness(m): 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2012
Paul John:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201211210372.html

NOT A SMART ONE. IF U MUST LAUNDER FUNDS THROUGH THE AIR PORT, DEAL TILL IN MULTIPLES ATLEAST A WEEK BEFORE DEPARTURE. MEET THE MASTERS HERE.
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by Chylo(m): 9:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
G.star:
If u don't have an evidence dat he stole it, what's d problem then??

You guys do not understand the crime. Tis nt dat d money was stolen primarily, but that such huge amount of FOREX is being laundered without CBN approval. Dat amt is mch mre dan d approved Basic Travel Allowance of forex. Add to this the fact that he cannot explain the source, he becomes a suspect.
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by Tyche(m): 10:48pm On Nov 21, 2012
SELFWORTHLESS: It seems most of these criminals are Igbo/ibo. It seems criminality runs in their veins. Everything is them, them , them.... embarassed

What a phucking disgrace you are.
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:24am On Nov 22, 2012
Chylo:

You guys do not understand the crime. Tis nt dat d money was stolen primarily, but that such huge amount of FOREX is being laundered without CBN approval. Dat amt is mch mre dan d approved Basic Travel Allowance of forex. Add to this the fact that he cannot explain the source, he becomes a suspect.

^^^Since he declared the full amount, it's clear he wasn't trying to launder the money; so far all he's guilty of is ignorance.

If it can be shown that the money is a collection from business associates for purchases in the UAE, then they have no case against him; but trust these greedy, lazy, pot-bellied customs officials......they'd be salivating at the prospects of having just a 'small cut' from the poor mans forex.

Anybody that believes the Nigerian customs is staffed mainly by principled and honourable people is being naive.....a larger percentage of them are theiving scoundrels and greedy fat bastards!
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by toprealman: 8:16am On Nov 22, 2012
Too much money in circulation. No thanks to our crazy politicians.
Re: Passenger Arrested With $320,000 At Lagos Airport by tonym1(m): 11:46am On Nov 22, 2012
SHIPPING MONEY OUT OF NAIJA AND NO EXPLANATION OF THE SOURCE ...... DON'T WORRY THE GOVERNMENT WILL SOON ASK FOR 50% SHARE FOR TAXES cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man And Woman Caught In Child Trafficking At Stop Abortion Junction, Asaba (Phot / Indian Police Arrest 4 Drug Peddlers Including Nigerian Man And Two Women (pic) / Deborah Samuel's Murder: A Case Of Social Injustice - Okediji Prosper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.