Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Nigeria, The 8th Wonder Of The World! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, The 8th Wonder Of The World! (1030 Views)

Senator Buruji Kashamu At The Inauguration Of The 8th National Assembly (photos) / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Buhari Meets With Members Of The 8th National Assembly In Abuja (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, The 8th Wonder Of The World! by joseph1832(m): 2:49pm On Nov 21, 2012
Many of us have often heard about the seven wonders of the world, I believe what makes them a wonder is due to some unbelievable marvel they possess upon gazing at them. The seven wonders of the world are relative non living things, they are, Colossus of Rhodes, Great Pyramid of Giza, Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Lighthouse of Alexandria, Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, Statue of Zeus at Olympia, Temple of Artemis at Ephesus and The Colossus Of Rhodes. These objects are a marvel during there era, one can't help to ponder about the architecture and the enormous among of energy put into creating these things. So what do these things have in common, in one word 'Wonder'. Now, it is with this word (wonder) that I introduce to you, the 8th wonder of the world, The Federal Republic Of Nigeria. (Round of Applause) what makes Nigeria a wonder? Permit me to give you a few clues. 1. Nigeria blessed with both human and natural resources and reputed to be the most populous black nation in the world still remains an under develop country. 2. Nigeria a country where about 34 million citizens live without toilets. 3. Nigeria a country where a political party contested and won election without having a manifesto. 4. Nigeria a country despite the economic hardship, the average citizen still enjoys himself one way or the other. 5. Nigeria a country where you'll find a full graduate of a tertiary institution unable to construct a sentence or give you a simple definition of a noun, verb, pronoun etc. 6. Nigeria reputed to be the second most if not the most corrupt country in the milky way. 7. Nigeria a country where you find majority of its citizens are utterly shameless! 8. Nigeria a country where the majority of its citizens voted in a President just because he had no shoes when he was a Child. 9. Nigeria a country where the level of gullibilty of its citizens its totally un parallel. 10. Nigeria a land flowing with milk and honey, but only the political elite gain from the milk and honey. The list is endless... When you critically look at the Federal Republic of Nigeria you just can't help but wonder and ponder about the events occurring within her borders, If there's one word I can use to describe my country its 'wonder' I honestly believe Nigeria has earn a place among the wonders of the world because she is so riddled with wonder!.
Re: Nigeria, The 8th Wonder Of The World! by Lasinoh: 2:56pm On Nov 21, 2012
Quite an insult to the true wonders of the world. . . frankly-speaking. cheesy
Re: Nigeria, The 8th Wonder Of The World! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 21, 2012
Lasinoh: Quite an insult to the true wonders of the world. . . frankly-speaking. cheesy

Even Lasinoh is one of the wonders of Nigeria. If you have just a couple of millions of Lasinoh, you start to see why Nigeria is such a wonder.
Re: Nigeria, The 8th Wonder Of The World! by Lasinoh: 3:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
Aigbofa:

Even Lasinoh is one of the wonders of Nigeria. If you have just a couple of millions of Lasinoh, you start to see why Nigeria is such a wonder.

It would be a good wonder. . . Trust me. kiss
Re: Nigeria, The 8th Wonder Of The World! by joseph1832(m): 5:25pm On Nov 21, 2012
You'll have to agree that its still a wonder! Based on the fact the 7 wonders of the world is popular cause it was something spectular during their time and so is Nigeria now.
Re: Nigeria, The 8th Wonder Of The World! by Lasinoh: 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
Re: Nigeria, The 8th Wonder Of The World! by Lasinoh: 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2012
Re: Nigeria, The 8th Wonder Of The World! by Lasinoh: 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2012

(1) (Reply)

11 Nigerians Make Forbes’ Africa’s 40 Richest List •dangote Leads Again / Mcafee antivirus owner grants CNN secret interview from hiding! [picture] / The Nigerian Dream Destroyed: Look In The Mirror!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.