Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day (5381 Views)

Hard Times! Economic Downturn Humble Nigeria’s Oil Moguls And Super-rich / Oil Crashes Below $30 / Angola Overtakes Nigeria In Crude Oil Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by onomeasike: 12:35am On Nov 23, 2012
[b]Nigeria’s oil production crashes below 1.5 m barrels per day

Posted by: Our ReporterPosted date: November 22, 2012In: Business| comment : 3

Daily oil production from Nigeria yesterday crashed below 1.5 million barrels, representing a loss of over 1 million barrels as ExxonMobil on Wednesday became the fourth oil major in a month to warn customers over delays to Nigerian oil and gas exports.

Nigeria, which produces about 2.4 million barrels daily, depends largely on proceeds from oil to service over 85 per cent of its annual budget and this loss of over 1 million barrels poses a fresh threat to the country’s budget.

Already, Exxon’s Nigerian unit, Mobil Producing Nigeria, operator of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, (NNPC)/MPN Joint Venture declared on Wednesday it would not be able to meet its contractual agreement with its traders as it declared a force majeure on Qua Iboe crude oil exports.

A statement by its General Manager, Public and Government Affairs, Paul Arinze, said the action was due to outages caused by a pipeline oil spill on November 9, which witnesses said had spread 20 miles down the coastline.

Royal Dutch Shell lifted on Wednesday its force majeure on Nigeria’s benchmark Bonny Light crude oil exports, easing some of the supply concerns.

But three of Nigeria main oil grades; Qua Iboe, Brass River and Forcados are still under force majeure. These oil streams together account for around 700,000 barrels per day (bpd) or around a third of total Nigerian exports.

France’s Total and Italian oil firm Eni have also declared force majeure, on gas and oil supplies, respectively.

These developments have added to a raft of problems caused by oil spills, theft and flooding.

A huge fire on an oil tanker being used to steal oil last month prompted Shell’s outages. The Anglo-Dutch, major shut another pipeline in Imo River on October 31 due to theft damage and deferred 25,000 bpd.

Oil theft is a major problem in the winding creeks and waterways of the Niger Delta, where it is easy to conceal boats and illegal refineries in the dense mangroves. Nigeria estimates around 150,000 bpd is stolen, much of which is sold abroad.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/business/nigerias-oil-production-crashes-below-1-5-m-barrels-per-day/
[/b]
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by tpia1: 12:36am On Nov 23, 2012
eyah.

i see a rush somewhere.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by onomeasike: 12:50am On Nov 23, 2012
yet Asari dokubo,Tompolo,Ateke Tom and these other riff-raffs keep getting billions for protecting waterways and oil pipeline.These govt is failing in all fronts except in mischief.very soon,this silly presido will use it as a basis for increasing pump price of fuel citing govt's dwindling income whereas all he needs to do is guranntee security and honest leadership.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by salolo(m): 1:13pm On Nov 23, 2012
What did they do with the proceed?
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Abrantie: 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2012
Hard times ahead.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 23, 2012
Na them know, even if the production hits 10m barrels daily it won't affect my life.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by juman(m): 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2012
1.5M barrels per day is too much for nigeria.

It should be totally stopped. grin grin

We don't need oil at all. There are many nations without oil and they are fine.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by manny4life(m): 1:17pm On Nov 23, 2012
This is kinda a "bittersweet news". Where are those folks who said that Nigeria's production or export ot the U.S. sn't decreasing?

I see a major chaos being the order of the day in 2013 when Nigeria cannot further fulfill her budget, state govts will be forced to readdress the pressing issues before them, no more running to Abuja for allocation. Meanwhile Aso Rick won't need about N2.3billion just to fund their wasteful expenses, neither will about 9% accrue to statutory allocation including NASS.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by LeStylo: 1:19pm On Nov 23, 2012
juman: 1.5M barrels per day is too much for nigeria.

It should be totally stopped. grin grin

We don't need oil at all. There are many nations without oil and they are fine.

I feel like hugging you. grin You couldn't have put it better!
Infact let the oil dry up for 10yrs!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by juman(m): 1:21pm On Nov 23, 2012
blink182: Na them know, even if the production hits 10m barrels daily it won't affect my life.

Le Stylo:

The money is not for the masses. They are just eating the money.

The oil should dry up completely. Who cares. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Sijo01(f): 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2012
Yet some cabals are saying N1.305b will not be enough for their meal.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by conyema12(m): 1:25pm On Nov 23, 2012
Even if our Oil output exceeds that of the Saudi Arabia, Our problem will still be there...All these thieves need to be burnt alive.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Johnnoo(m): 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2012
Le Stylo:

Are you okay in ur head??
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Sunymoore(m): 1:31pm On Nov 23, 2012
An whats up abt it, am nt suprise at all, Cox the other tons of feul stolen r been shared our leaders. Now the the money is nt enuf for them thats y they increase the tons amount.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by tomakint: 1:31pm On Nov 23, 2012
Oil theft by oil barons and their foot soldiers have come to stay! It is on record that Nigeria looses about $5 billion annually to illegal refining businesses. There are an estimated 5000 illegal refining outfits built by youths in strict collaboration with their well-connected sponsors. These economic sabotage swells the pockets of the oil barons and their boys with a princely $400 million daily.Ironically, these were the children of the Biafran war veterans! Jona never see anthing! hmn cool
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Kx: 1:32pm On Nov 23, 2012
Whether they produce 2.4 million barrels a day or 1.5million barrels a day, they'd still go borrowing to finance infrastructural developments which sometimes lines their pockets. So?
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 23, 2012
LET IT CRASH TO BELOW 0 BARRELS WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE EXCEPT 2 THE BIGWIGS
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by ochallo: 1:34pm On Nov 23, 2012
blink182: Na them know, even if the production hits 10m barrels daily it won't affect my life.

How could you be so ignorant! Did you go to school at all or you paid your way through school or let me guess , you are waiting for admission that would never come.

This affects the country, your relatives, even if you are abroad, it would eventually affect you, if you have relatives here.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Born2beRich1(m): 1:55pm On Nov 23, 2012
When the oil crash finish i go see wetin our politicians go use embezzle money.angry ...This is the time to start thing because one day oil go finish
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by jum33: 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2012
Hw dt one tey affect the price of gari,shiooooo
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Wsdm: 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
... And oil theft increased under tompolo's watch.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by BJAMIN: 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2012
WOOOOOOOOW SO WE ACTUALLY EXPORT THIS MUCH NA WAO
WELL AM NOT SCARED I THINK THEY ARE AND WE ALL KNOW WHY grin
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by topsy1971: 2:45pm On Nov 23, 2012
Is this figure representing pre or post bunkering theft. The cartel are still looting.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
ochallo:

How could you be so ignorant! Did you go to school at all or you paid your way through school or let me guess , you are waiting for admission that would never come.

This affects the country, your relatives, even if you are abroad, it would eventually affect you, if you have relatives here.
I am probably more qualified educationally than you. How exactly does it affect me?

I provide housing for myself
I have my own borehole
I have a generating set
I have no social or health insurance, I pay all bills myself
I pay for my security

Bad roads, poor electricity supply, poor health system, bureaucratic bottle necks, blatant corruption, impunity, I am even made to pay for the incompetence of the government whenever I have to fuel my generating set. These are a few of the things I have to endure.

So tell me exactly how oil production affects my life positively, I might truly be ignorant?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2012
Born 2be Rich: When the oil crash finish i go see wetin our politicians go use embezzle money.angry ...This is the time to start thing because one day oil go finish
gas plenty boku. Its really annoying. Most people do not know but Nigeria is actually more of a gas nation.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by ecolime(m): 2:54pm On Nov 23, 2012
Who cares?
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by chakula: 3:08pm On Nov 23, 2012
What a good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Omen100(m): 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
make me self join una dey celebrate joor, after all, 2.5barrels nor affect our lives
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by kutchs: 4:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
I see so much stupidity here.
people asking how it affects them.
When the country is no longer able to fund its budget, people will be owed salaries, workers will be retrenched and even the poverty and hunger in the country will go to an alltime high.
It makes no sense wishing evil for ur country when ur life and survival depends on the oil proceeds.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Kx: 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2012
kutchs: I see so much stupidity here.
people asking how it affects them.
When the country is no longer able to fund its budget, people will be owed salaries, workers will be retrenched and even the poverty and hunger in the country will go to an alltime high.
It makes no sense wishing evil for ur country when ur life and survival depends on the oil proceeds.

I tried to reason with your analysis until d post below brought me back to reality:
blink182: I am probably more qualified educationally than you. How exactly does it affect me?

I provide housing for myself
I have my own borehole
I have a generating set
I have no social or health insurance, I pay all bills myself
I pay for my security

Bad roads, poor electricity supply, poor health system, bureaucratic bottle necks, blatant corruption, impunity, I am even made to pay for the incompetence of the government whenever I have to fuel my generating set. These are a few of the things I have to endure.

So tell me exactly how oil production affects my life positively, I might truly be ignorant?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by agitator: 4:31pm On Nov 23, 2012
ochallo:

no cause for alarm, after all it had been truly discussed that the economy is growing and oil contributes only a small fraction to the budget.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by kutchs: 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2012
Kx:

I tried to reason with your analysis until d post below brought me back to reality:

The guy asked how oil production affects his life and I ask with what does he run his gen and borehole?
Water I guess!
So many families depend on oil revenue for survival that you cant dispute. Now think of what will happen to such families when the govt is no longer able to pay their salaries.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paylater Promo/referral Code / Top 10 Most Lucrative Business That Can Make You Millionaire In Nigeria / Best Fabrics Business For December.. English Plain And Pattern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.