Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,195 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell (17793 Views)

COREN Wants Death Sentence For Owners Of Collapsed Buildings / World's Largest Building Opens In China / Stubborn Tenants Refuse To Leave And Don't Pay Rent! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by coogar: 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2012
the guy has refused to leave and he doesn't want the compensation - there's nothing the government can do. similar thing happened in england some years back on M62. this chinese guy should just turn the ground floor into a snack bar drive through - he would make money!
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by blkmum700: 12:21pm On Nov 24, 2012
ops

Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by blkmum700: 12:21pm On Nov 24, 2012
china

Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by Flygerian1(m): 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2012
mumumugu: In abuja, elrufai go first dimolish . After dat, u can go to court where u wil stil loose
That is naija for u. But we'r talkiin of China/Chinese govt. One thing is certain. They cant be forced out of that house cos they have the documents.
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by azpeculiar: 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2012
It just goes to show that even China that is not renowned for respecting human rights, respects the rule of law. We have a similar law in Nigeria under the Land Use Decree 1978 (now an Act) that empowers state governors to compulsorily acquire private property for 'overriding public interest'.

The property owner is only entitled to adequate compensation if it has a proper title, and approved building plans etc...

Before the property is demolished to make way for whatever social good or project, it is valued and adequate compensation paid to its owner, NOT AFTER, BUT BEFORE!

Sadly in our case because of our culture of impunity, compensation comes after demolition, is hardly adequate if even paid at all.

The Chinese are now showing us the way.

1 Like

Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by femmy2010(m): 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2012
Use to think the chinese communist governemt don't respect human right but This has changed my hitherto view.
This certainly can't happen in Nigeria, the house would first be demolished and dialogue later.

1 Like

Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by Ilaje44(m): 12:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
senior boy: I think dey should run mental test 4 the couple because this is nothing but crazynesssssssssssssssss

Young man, beside the fact that TESTs are not run FOR, but rather ON someone; it's very uncool perhaps unfortunate for you to insinuate that the couple are mentally unstable even while the reason for them refusing to sell GLARES at you in the article.

1 Like

Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 24, 2012
kelvincoll: Do i smell photoshop here? undecided undecided Source pls!

I really dont see this happening in a developed country like china amidst safety concerns

So even free Aljazeera u no get?

1 Like

Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by maasoap(m): 12:43pm On Nov 24, 2012
jude33084:

The construction company is to blame. Oshomole encountered same thing along airport road but resolved it peacefully. Τhis is one reason you dont give your construction work to a chinese company undecided
Wetting concern construction company about negotiation and payment of compensation to the house owners? You need to go back to school.
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by samfibby(m): 1:21pm On Nov 24, 2012
Another tourist attraction in china. Good
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 24, 2012
mankevo: Zhejiang Province? Hnmm, which village? I really doubt if this is Chinese road unless its still under construction. 浙江什么路?你的照片我觉得不行!!
I saw it on the News! It was shown on BBC News America or so.
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by Chylo(m): 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2012
以我的愚见,这房子是安全的。它代表的民主是坏的。为什么一个家庭的利益是崇高的上述共同的利益?悲哀,只是伤心。

To my non-chinese friends, what i said is, In my humble opinion, this house is not safe at all. It represents all that is bad about democracy. Why would one family's interests be exalted above the common good? Sad, just sad.
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by jamebex(m): 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2012
I do not see any wisdom in this. They should just take the compensation and stop risking their lives living on the road. The government did what they are supposed to do. In fact, it is a subtle way of telling them to accept the compensation or die waiting for an increase. If the couples are really perspicacious as people claim they should know what to do now.
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by patostation(m): 3:20pm On Nov 24, 2012
Chei! I wish say Fashola be gov'nor for China. These people for hear nwii cheesy
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by emisun(m): 3:21pm On Nov 24, 2012
jude33084:

China has not attained that status of a fully developed country yet. Half of China is still rural aŋԂ lack basic infrastructural facilities. wink

are u among those western media has brainwashed?......
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 24, 2012
someone better tell this man cheap popularity can lead to cheap death
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by alexola20(m): 3:54pm On Nov 24, 2012
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by francis247(m): 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2012
kelvincoll: Do i smell photoshop here? undecided undecided Source pls!

I really dont see this happening in a developed country like china amidst safety concerns
Photoshop ko shoplifting ni. I saw it on Aljazeera about 2 days ago.
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by jpilata(m): 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2012
This is funny.
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by ziondaughter: 5:49pm On Nov 24, 2012
Dis is wat i call tower round about
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by abohrandy: 5:52pm On Nov 24, 2012
making sense!!!
u go fit stop bus from ur toilet or bathroom!!! grin grin
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by salolo(m): 5:52pm On Nov 24, 2012
wonder shall never end
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by abohrandy: 5:55pm On Nov 24, 2012
all4naija: I saw it on the News! It was shown on [size=18pt]BBC News America[/size] or so.

grin grin grin
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by emmabest2000(m): 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2012
他说了就是真的, 我在中国啊,那个照片没错,你看不出来吗 ?
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by papaejima1: 7:14pm On Nov 24, 2012
The photo where the dude is standing on the balcony looking out at the road is more than SPOOKY!
Damn! I shudder even looking at it.
Makes me feel like am in the middle of the highway.
This couple could go bonkers if they've not yet!
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by sconsults: 7:25pm On Nov 24, 2012
笑了起来。这是非常有趣的。他不能卖的房子)..............
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by sconsults: 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2012
emma_best2000: 他说了就是真的, 我在中国啊,那个照片没错,你看不出来吗 ?

[size=28pt]可以伪造的照片,只是这张照片不能证明它是真理[/size]
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 24, 2012
Boyoorisha: Can This Happen In Lagos Or Even Nigeria As A Whole?

A car stops beside a house in the middle of a newly built road in Wenling, Zhejiang province, China, November 22, 2012. An elderly couple refused to sign an agreement to allow their house to be demolished. They said that compensation offered is not enough to cover rebuilding costs, according to local media. Their house is the only building left standing on a road which is paved through their village.

Can you imagine this in Lagos?

That house already looks demolished...
But chinese government are harsh O grin

Sendless niggaz
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by donguutti: 7:32pm On Nov 24, 2012
wow,the couple has tried sha, heard abt them in the Economist Mag in 2008, wow they never gave up.
That pic would be rememebred just as the 1989 tianemen Picture of a protester standing in front
of a battle tank.

Goes to show if you believe in something , then be ready to die for IT
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2012
abohrandy:

grin grin grin
Yes! There is BBC World News America.I am not being sarcastic with that one though
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by TechRev: 7:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
stupid construction company. or Photoshoped image.
Re: Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell by donotbanme1: 7:52pm On Nov 24, 2012
bokohalal: They better leave. They are on death row(road).

Funny indeed. One day a trailer laden with cement comes crashing in. OMG!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Building Excavators Unearth Bullets In Agulu, Anambra / Breaking News: Three-storey Building Collapses In Rivers State (photos) / Families Of Victims Of Portharcourt Building Collapse Cry Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.