Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,248 members, 7,867,646 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:34 PM

Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! (850 Views)

NFF Did Not Pay Me N20Million, Oliseh Releases Bank Statement [DOCUMENTS] / Nigeria To Play Egypt In KADUNA / Super Eagles To Play Egypt In Nations Cup Qualifiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by seunspice(m): 9:49am On Feb 08, 2008
I was stunned, stupefied, surprised and , (in fact i am speechless now) as i saw Egypt wallop Ivory Coast yesternite. I could only thank God that it was not our Super Fowls that was at the other end of that beating. It was too frightening to see the bunch of Drogba, The Toure Brothers and all reduced to spectators,
Haba !!!!!!!!!!! not even a 2:1 margin or something else. 4:1!!!!! abeg make una thank God say we don comot before anybody humiliate us like that jare.
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by A40(m): 11:12am On Feb 08, 2008
Them for beat us 8-0 those Egyptians are something else and to think none of their players are in any of the so-called big clubs
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by seunspice(m): 11:19am On Feb 08, 2008
Honestly, it just goes to show that playing as a team is the main recipe for success not having super stars. Every member of that team play for the other team members. When i look at that team i remember Seville of spain. I want the cup to go to Cameroon though.
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by sammy88(m): 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2008
the 3rd goal i wonder were kolo toure where running too
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by seunspice(m): 1:14pm On Feb 08, 2008
It was obviously not his day, just coming back from Injury he was off form and sorts.
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by A40(m): 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2008
Big mistake from the coach you dont bring a player fresh from injury into that type of match.And their keeper getting injured was a big blow that Loboue was a basket
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by seunspice(m): 1:48pm On Feb 08, 2008
Did you say basket? he was something really worse. we might have had a respectable scoreline if barry ended that game.
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 08, 2008
Well as far as I know, Ivory coast has never had a good goal-keeper
Beside, Toure K. should have assisted him, but lipsrsealed
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by seunspice(m): 2:03pm On Feb 08, 2008
As at 2006, they had an old keeper who made some fantastic saves to take them to the finals. I think he even made some penalty saves as well ( i need to confirm that, as i not absolutely sure). so the fact that they have not heard good keepers is almost ruled out. i believe Barry gave a good account of himself in matches prior to this. and lest we forget, a keeper is only as good as his defense. Ask Oliver Khan and Cudicinni and you'll get a resounding yes.
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by A40(m): 2:31pm On Feb 08, 2008
It was Tizie the guy was a basket toward the end of his career

@dason4life
You are a footballing illiterate for blaming Toure who just came back from injury why not blame the coach for putting a half-fit player in why not blame your useless Drogba that was missing sitters and Kalou that was playing like a schol kid
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by otokx(m): 3:38pm On Feb 08, 2008
Ivory Coast came on board with the black man mentality that it is by power and might but the Egyptians knew better. Its surprising that most of them play in Egypt and their coach is an Egyptian. A sad reminder to our football administrators.
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by amsky(m): 4:42pm On Feb 08, 2008
It would have been a disaster if Nigeria had played against Egypt. I managed to watch the match last night and i was in awe of the Egyptians for the whole duration. I am so happy we left when we did. If Ghana was meeting Egypt,i'm soooo sure it'd have been repeat of yesterday's scores if not higher.

Ghana,pls accept my heartfelt condolences.E pele o! It's not the end of the world.They have to fight hard to win the 3rd place match or else, tears will flow like river niger. cheesy
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by seunspice(m): 4:46pm On Feb 08, 2008
Of the two matches left to be seen in the tourney, i dont see any easy Match. I see a scenario where one of them might even go into penalties. But i feel so sorry for Ivory coast. somehow, i am just not moved for Ghana at all. They were not fantastic, it was just that they had a lions heart against our super fowls.
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by Prince22(m): 5:35pm On Feb 08, 2008
No TEAM in the world 'again' can just beat Nija mercilessly again. we can be beating, we can warble and fumble but not to that embarrassing situation.
Every country in the world 'extra' prepare when ever they want to play against Nig.
Again, hardly you see any refree being at our favour.
Eagles are very good but every one want name 'scoring' that brings about dis-unity among them not to always get the glory of their international experiences.
Then, we should stop banking on the Big names.
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by dayokanu(m): 10:05pm On Feb 08, 2008
Prince 22,
Selective memory right, France 98 Nigeria vs Denmark what was the score line, Nigeria vs Ghana in London, Nigeria vs Holland in 1998, Nigeria vs Brazil in Abuja , should I go on.

You hardly see refs in our favour are you sure? Did you watch Nigeria vs Uganda at Abeokuta where a very legit goal was cancelled for no reason.
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 08, 2008
See my people oo, So it wasn't clear to you guys how good Egypt are after thrashing the indomitable lions 4-2 in their starting game.I laughed at people tipping Ivory Coast to be the country taking this trophy home.Zidan peering up with Abu Trika is the best combination in this ACN,no doubt about that.
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by Prince22(m): 9:46am On Feb 09, 2008
dayokanu,

You are very right with this memories
Hence, i still stand by my point.

Situation will warrant favourism of referees

Nig. is fast growing nation in footballing among all African country, the whole world bank on Naija to be first to break record of achiever in international footballing, forget about abeokuta, Ghana friendly games while Demark wallowed Nig. game should be critically study to see actualise the Logistics.
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by amsky(m): 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2008
NA WA!!! This one wey una dey talk na tori!!!! Ivorycoast don nack Ghana 5 goals unreplied today. grin grin grin

Where dem dey? Ghana4lyf you dey hide? grin grin grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by tosinadeda: 3:56pm On Feb 09, 2008
amsky:

NA WA!!! This one wey una dey talk na tori!!!! Ivorycoast don nack Ghana 5 goals unreplied today. grin grin grin

Where them dey? Ghana4lyf you dey hide? grin grin grin cheesy grin grin

pls tell me its a lie shocked shocked shocked
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by galatico(m): 5:10pm On Feb 09, 2008
Yeah we better thank God that Ghana did us a favour by eliminating the Super Chicken instead us facing the wrath of the Egyptians who would have beaten Nigeria black and Blue. Thank God.
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by camegirl(f): 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2008
egypt will beat cameroun tomorrow but it will be 2-1
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by AH2MUCH: 7:02pm On Feb 09, 2008
if 2 say they met 9ja super chikens, the game for end for 1st half cos after they might have given us 8 kpondo, the ref go just out of pity end the match

but seriously speaking there is a lot to learn from that team
local coach with local boys (about 80% plays in Egypt; correct me if i am wrong)
super stars dont make a good team
Re: Thank God We Did Not Play Egypt! by seunspice(m): 10:55am On Feb 11, 2008
Watching the final yesterday, i could only for the umpteenth time praise the lord we did not play that Egyptian team. A colleague here says that the only team capable of beating the pharaohs did not get to the final. I know he did not mean the super fowls. WHen we asked which team that was, all he did was smile.
I feel Egyptian now.

(1) (Reply)

How A David Defeated:journalist Olukayode Thomas Versus Amos Adamu's Libel Case / Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' / Mtn Signs N2.6b League Sponsorship Deal With Npl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.