Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Soldier Shot Dead By Gunmen At Benue NYSC Camp! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Soldier Shot Dead By Gunmen At Benue NYSC Camp! (1737 Views)

What Are These Pregnant Women Doing In NYSC Camp(pic) / See How Corps Members Get Water In Gwer West LGA, Benue State. / Can Anyone In NYSC Camp Confirm The Payment Of N38,900 Alawee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldier Shot Dead By Gunmen At Benue NYSC Camp! by donigspain(m): 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2012
One of the soldiers manning the perimeters of the Benue State NYSC Orientation Camp at Wannune Village, Tarka LGA was in the early hours of today precisely at about 3am shot dead while on duty by unidentified gunmen. The ugly incident resulted to a temporal disruption of the daily early morning meditation and parade for about 30 minutes as corp members where forced back into their various hostels in order give enough room for the military personnels attached to the camp to curtail the situation. The unlucky soldier was, immediately after the incident, rushed to an undisclosed hospital in the state capital (Markudi) from where he was reported to have died.
At the time of typing this report, security has been placed on red alert and corpers advised to maintain peace and order. It is worthy to note that the Benue State Local Government Chairmanship Elections will hold tomorrow (saturday, 24th November); a coincident huh? I leave you to judge. So sad now. These soldiers have been very friendly and responsible since we arrived the camp. Don't know why this happened.sad
Donigspain reporting from Benue NYSC Camp...sadsad
Re: Soldier Shot Dead By Gunmen At Benue NYSC Camp! by Emmyk(m): 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2012
Poor chap. Rip
Re: Soldier Shot Dead By Gunmen At Benue NYSC Camp! by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 23, 2012
So sad, just confirmed from a friend serving there
Re: Soldier Shot Dead By Gunmen At Benue NYSC Camp! by dingchi: 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
Really sad freaked me out cos those of us posted to borno are suppose to report at the benue state camp on wednsday.we pray for protection esp for those who are still in camp. God have mercy
Re: Soldier Shot Dead By Gunmen At Benue NYSC Camp! by donigspain(m): 1:42am On Nov 24, 2012
It's a very sad situation. They've ended up turning a once lively and peaceful camp into a graveyard-like scenario. He was a very friendly soldier. He even killed a snake in the female hostel a few hours (in same night) before he met an untimely death. He accidentally stumbled upon a criminal base inside the forest opposite the camp as he went to ease himself and all the stupid gunmen could reply his rather reflex question of 'who are you and what are you doing here in the bush at this ungodly hour' was with two gunshots, one below the groin and another in the stomachsad. I pray those criminals meet their waterloo someday soon.
Re: Soldier Shot Dead By Gunmen At Benue NYSC Camp! by dzewmie(f): 3:19pm On Nov 24, 2012
This is a very pathethic story o...actually my friend gave me a glimpse of the story earlier today...thanks for the full gist, i must commend donigspain for the updates that he has been giving on nairaland about his orientation camp. I will be waiting for your reply...am actually new here cool thanks
Re: Soldier Shot Dead By Gunmen At Benue NYSC Camp! by donigspain(m): 6:19am On Nov 25, 2012
Good morning all, new information is coming out as time goes by in relation to the killing of the soldier. Latest information I got yesterday suggests that one of the gunmen was apprehended later in the day on that same friday and after much military 'interrogation' he gave out useful information to the authorities concerning their mission. The information suggests that they (gunmen) were 42 in number and were coming for over 45 million naira brought in by CBN bullion van late on thursday which was meant for the payment of corpers' monthly 'allawee'. The 42 gunmen were already strategically lying in the forest opposite the camp well armed and were only waiting for final orders from their 'commander' before they start the ambush but (un)fortunately the soldier (RIP) mounting the gate was pressed and needed to take a pee in that same bush. While trying to pee he stumbled upon human figures in the forest and thus, in reflex, shouted at them by questioning what they could be doing in the forest at that ungodly hour. They replied his question with gunshots directed at him thus the sound of the shots alerted other soldiers who started running towards the forest thereby causing the gunmen to flee. Other vital information obtained from the captured gunman led to the killing of 7 of the members of the gang in a raid by the military yesterday (saturday). The corpses of the 7 dead gunmen was brought to the camp gate yesterday immediately after the military raid for inspection by the camp commandant. In a nutshell, the untimely death of the soldier (named James) averted much potential bloodshed. Who knows what would have become our fate if the gunmen had gained entrance into the camp with their sophisticated ammunition; maybe another Mubi killings. Maybe I would've been hit by either a directed or a stray bullet.
Officer James died for us all in Benue camp and we are all in full understanding of his brave sacrifice. An officer decorated for his role in FOUR peacekeeping missions. A lion is dead but the spirit will forever dwell in our hearts.
Donigspain reporting from Benue camp.

(1) (Reply)

Let Me Rest / "Chaos In Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp" Update!!! / Bonus! Who Else (corper) Wants An Affordable 2 Room Self-contain In Enugu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.