Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Need Help On Dis Issue - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Need Help On Dis Issue (695 Views)

Pls Who Is With Me On Dis / Pls I Need NL Pple To Help Me On Dis / Jst Got Dis Invitation. Who Is With Me On Dis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help On Dis Issue by promiseJane: 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2012
Pls in summiting cv through email is it better 2 summit cv with application or just cv pls I need answers thanks
Re: Need Help On Dis Issue by Professor2know: 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2012
promise Jane: Pls in summiting cv through email is it better 2 summit cv with application or just cv pls I need answers thanks

Promise Jane,

You need to fulfill the requirement of your prospective employer. However, how on earth can you send a cv without a covering letter? Some Nigerian graduates blow their chances away writing covering letter without the cv or vise versa. The painful thing in it is that some graduates don't know how to write a simple formal application letter. Some even abbreviate un-necessarily and commit series of grammatical blunders to discourage their employers.

In summary, I think, in my oppinion, both should go hand in hand except the prospective employer specifies otherwise.
Re: Need Help On Dis Issue by promiseJane: 7:17pm On Nov 23, 2012
Professor2know:

Promise Jane,

You need to fulfill the requirement of your prospective employer. However, how on earth can you send a cv without a covering letter? Some Nigerian graduates blow their chances away writing covering letter without the cv or vise versa. The painful thing in it is that some graduates don't know how to write a simple formal application letter. Some even abbreviate un-necessarily and commit series of grammatical blunders to discourage their employers.

In summary, I think, in my oppinion, both should go hand in hand except the prospective employer specifies otherwise.
Re: Need Help On Dis Issue by assalaamat(m): 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2012
how will u submit only cv,u have to submit both cv and a cover letter,that's if u're applying online.just incase u don't know how to write a cover letter.a cover is a letter showing ur interest in a particular job,u'll start with sir/ma on the top left-hand corner,followed by the main points,i.e,i write to apply for the position of......as was posted on the internet on friday,november 23,2012. i graduated from.........with a second class......in.......,and served as a.....during my nysc.u'll also add other working experiences u have,and u'll end it with yours faithfully on the bottom left-corner,since u don't know the person u're sending it to.u don't need to write heading and addresses for these are the contents that differentiate a cover letter from an application letter.mind u i'm jobless too and i'm really searching for one,i'm sooo tired of staying at home,u can reach me on 07067374959.bye for now.
Re: Need Help On Dis Issue by mkoabiola: 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2012
assalaamat: how will u submit only cv,u have to submit both cv and a cover letter,that's if u're applying online.just incase u don't know how to write a cover letter.a cover is a letter showing ur interest in a particular job,u'll start with sir/ma on the top left-hand corner,followed by the main points,i.e,i write to apply for the position of......as was posted on the internet on friday,november 23,2012. i graduated from.........with a second class......in.......,and served as a.....during my nysc.u'll also add other working experiences u have,and u'll end it with yours faithfully on the bottom left-corner,since u don't know the person u're sending it to.u don't need to write heading and addresses for these are the contents that differentiate a cover letter from an application letter.mind u i'm jobless too and i'm really searching for one,i'm sooo tired of staying at home,u can reach me on 07067374959.bye for now.
But some employers may not require cover letter.
Will u write a cover letter if d employer does not require.
Re: Need Help On Dis Issue by assalaamat(m): 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2012
there is no employer that will not require for a cover letter,they would ask u to submit ur cv but,they would be silent on the cover letter which is intentional.But it's now left for u to know that,u're being implicitly asked to submit both ur cv and a cover.In a nutshell,whether the employer asks or not,u must submit both.

(1) (Reply)

Aggressive Male Marketers Needed / Admission Is Ongoing At The Premier Secondary School Noted For Distinction / Etisalat Recruiting: Manager (regional Retail Sales)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.