Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,417 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking (2457 Views)

I Will Increas Your Alexa Ranking To 500000 In Few Weeks / 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking / My Alexa Ranking Is Now 182 Ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by Nobody: 3:25am On Nov 24, 2012
Ever heard of Alexa before? It’s a company owned by Amazon.com. It’s an authority site that publishes traffic stat and ranking information of more than 30 million blogs in the internet.

Since, it is a trusted company – advertisers tend to use it to search for blogs that are healthy for advertising. Alexa ranking is important to advertisers because, the lower a blog is ranked; the better it is for advertising.

And since every blog owners’ dream is to have an influx of advertisers running to advertise their product and services on their blogs; they’ll do anything to decrease their Alexa ranking.

Below are 5 authentic way bloggers can follow to slash down their Alexa ranking from millions to thousands in no time:

1. Claiming your Blog and Installing Alexa Toolbar

Claiming your blog from Alexa is the first thing you need to do. To claim your blog – you need to copy the code they will provide for you and paste it in

your blog’s HTML.

After doing this - Alexa can now certify you as the owner of the blog.

Installing the Alexa toolbar will help Alexa monitor visits to your site and reduce your ranking by the number of visitors who visit your blog with Alexa toolbar installed on their web browsers.

This is what Alexa have to say about how they rank sites worldwide –

“The traffic rank is based on three months of aggregated historical traffic data from millions of Alexa Toolbar users and data obtained from other, diverse traffic data sources, and is a combined measure of page views and users (reach)”

So basically, by just installing the Alexa toolbar – you’ll be getting ranking credit anytime you visit your blog or anytime Alexa toolbar-enabled visitors pay your blog a visit.

Doing this will help Alexa to easily track your blog and update it traffic stat and rank data simultaneously.

2. Guestpost Frequently

Writing guestpost is one strategic way to drastically reduce your Alexa ranking. Alexa firmly looks at the number of backlinks that are linking back to your blog and how authentic they are.

The more backlinks you have linking back to your blog will automatically determine how popular your blog is and how highly placed it is on search engines.

So, the more quality backlinks you garner to your site – the more your Alexa ranking will reduce. Guestposting is the ultimate and easiest way to build quality backlinks to your blog.

The more frequent you guestpost on top niche blogs – the more free backlinks you get back to your blog, and the more people start coming to your blog –the more interactive and alive it becomes, which in turn will reduce your Alexa ranking.

3. Write Content Regularly

Frequent update of any blog will make it more interactive. Sine you’re guestposting regularly now, people will start coming to your site from your guestposts on those blogs you guestposted for.

Which is why you need to have fresh content at all times; because – visitors tends to drop off any blog that is hardly updated with fresh content from their list of blogs –to-visit.

The more updated your blog is, the better traffic and quality backlinks you garner to your blog from search engines.

And since the traffic we’re talking about here is ‘human visitors’, it will increase firstly:

Your blogs’ traffic – when they keep coming to read your blogs’ frequently-updated content and secondly it will increase:

Backlinks- When they share your unique posts with friends and on different social platforms, making your blogs’ Alexa rank to lower than drastically.

4. Share on Social Media platforms

The sub-heading has said it all. Sharing your blog posts on social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn and Google+ will increase your traffic, especially when your post goes viral on any of the social platforms just listed.

Blog post going viral will increase your backlinks and bring a lot of people to your blog – making your Alexa rank to lower down.

5. Comment on Other Blogs

Blog commenting is a wonderful backlinking strategy you can use to reduce your Alexa ranking to it lowest form. Commenting on top blogs will bring traffic from that blog to yours and backlinks as well.

What you’ll do is – look for high ranking blogs in your niche (like 20 of them) and devote your time commenting on them. Unique comments are what you should always drop at the respective blogs.

Don’t go dropping “Hi”, “I love step 2” or “Good post! – keep it up”; nah – drop something that makes sense, something that will warrant people to click and come to your blog; something very informative and that corresponds with the post title you’re commenting on at that particular time.

Finding dofollow blogs to comment on is a plus one for your blog; since, instead of

just contributing your informative comments on the dofollow blog – They will also publish your blog’s recent post along side your comment.

Doing blog commenting frequently will help decrease your Alexa rank for good.

6. Increase your Traffic

The more traffic you generate for your blog; the more your Alexa ranking will reduce. Traffic is the most important thing Alexa uses in determining how to rank any specific site.

Keeping your traffic at an increasing frequency will drop your blog ranking significantly; while leaving your traffic to drop will increase your blog ranking drastically – That’s the magic involved.

If you don’t know it yet – Alexa is counted backwards; Google is ranked - ‘0’, which makes it the highest ranked website on Alexa; Facebook is ranked ‘1’, which makes it the 2nd highest.

While sites that have an Alexa rank between 2million and 3million are considered the lowest ranked website on Alexa.

Following and doing these 6 things will help you drastically in reducing your Alexa ranking if you do them religiously and consistently.

http://godvillawess..com/2012/11/samurai-x-effect-6-ways-to-slash-down.html

1 Like

Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by shorxynla(m): 6:12am On Nov 24, 2012
Good job. Thanks for the info. You are a motivator. I also learn from your first post about blogging. You are too good.

1 Like

Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 24, 2012
shorxynla: Good job. Thanks for the info. You are a motivator. I also learn from your first post about blogging. You are too good.
I'm happy the posts enlightened you. Keep reading . Are you a blogger?
Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by shorxynla(m): 10:52am On Nov 24, 2012
Am a forum master. Am working on my blog presently and I will launch it by 1st week in december. Your post has boost the morale in me and also gave me assurance of what the future holds for me if I walk with consistency.
Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by juliebest(f): 12:46pm On Nov 24, 2012
Great post, thanks.
Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by optimus30: 10:56pm On Nov 24, 2012
9c 1 bt i really wnt 2 learn more,am a newbie in blogging,pls,i nid ur help,thnks
Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by miracle4(m): 12:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
nice tips man
Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2012
shorxynla: Am a forum master. Am working on my blog presently and I will launch it by 1st week in december. Your post has boost the morale in me and also gave me assurance of what the future holds for me if I walk with consistency.
Yea, you should do that - start your blog as soon as possible.. I'm happy my blog writing inspired you. Just keep going up no matter what.
Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2012
juliebest: Great post, thanks.
Thanks dearie..
Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2012
optimus30: 9c 1 bt i really wnt 2 learn more,am a newbie in blogging,pls,i nid ur help,thnks
I'm here for you dude.. I will answer any question you gat for me .. Just follow me on Nairaland so that you'll know when I post something here.
Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 25, 2012
miracle4: nice tips man
thanks
Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by optimus30: 4:41pm On Nov 28, 2012
[quote author=handsomeness]I'm here for you dude.. I will answer any question you gat for me .. Just follow me on Nairaland so that you'll know when I post something here.K,lets say i hv a blog n adsence acc.,wht nxt shld i go for?,thnks
Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by optimus30: 4:44pm On Nov 28, 2012
handsomeness: I'm here for you dude.. I will answer any question you gat for me .. Just follow me on Nairaland so that you'll know when I post something here.
K,lets say i hv a blog n adsence acc.,wht nxt shld i go for?,thnks
Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 29, 2012
optimus30: K,lets say i hv a blog n adsence acc.,wht nxt shld i go for?,thnks
TRAFFIC.. Without it - you won't earn.
Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by Frabidel(f): 8:25am On Sep 13, 2013
Nicest post....that's just the truth...I'm still working on my blog to get low alexa though..www.frabidel.com
Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by miccent: 10:28am On Sep 13, 2013
Good advice, especially that of guest posting, it works wonders in the long run. I have a friend that only uses this strategy to drive thousands of traffic monthly and the best part is that it keep increasing in thousands every month. You can also try it. Cheers!
Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by unterkunft: 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
Great post, Thank you smiley
Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by ug12215063(m): 2:23am On Feb 24, 2015
This is a fabulous post, Alexa is a very very treky process to understand in fact to get your blog ranking in the first 100,000 based on the 3 months ranking is like walking from onitsha to kano by foot is a very hard process, but the good thing also is that the best way to get ranked quicker if you just opened a new website is to choose a plan from their offers and get certified that way they will rank you in a month if you have a decent traffic count. i have been running www.afrojuju.net for a while now around 3 weeks and the traffic is decent so am expecting a rank sooner. Alexa ranks faster than google . so guys lets keep this sought of post alive. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking by jharitesh: 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2016
Interesting post,
Do you suggest me what i need to do to increase the alexa for this website - https://www.shrigroup.co

(1) (Reply)

Promote Your Services/products On Shop2taste.com / How To Get Postpaid VCC That Works For Bing Ads / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.