Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,533 members, 7,819,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

What Do I Do In This Circumstance? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do I Do In This Circumstance? (1702 Views)

Who Will Be Your Next-of-kin In This Circumstance? / Is It Right To Name A Child In This Circumstance??? / Advice: What Will You Do In This Kind Of Circumstance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do In This Circumstance? by ISOWE: 1:57pm On Feb 08, 2008
Dear Friends, i need your honest advise here please. I ve been married for about 4 years now. My marriage has not been all the best. My husband does not relate well with my people. He doest even want to hear anything about them. he's still yet to pay my brideprice even though we ve has our trad. marriage. He's not doing well financially and this worries him a lot. He can beat me up when he gets very angry and shout so loud the entire neighbourhood will hear.

After 10 mins of this act he becomes very affectionate and beg me not to leave him.
I have 2 children by him, but im scared of walking out of the marriage as i don't want my children to live without their father. I'm not emotionally and financially strong to start again.

Your candid advise is needed here please
Re: What Do I Do In This Circumstance? by Maykelly(f): 3:44pm On Feb 08, 2008
You need Jesus Christ in your situation. Are you a born again? if not - you must be a Born Again person to be able to overcome that situation. when you accept Jesus as your all and all in your life - I mean as your person Saviour - then you can draw closer your husband with you -that is when you have showed him some changes at home which will make him to wonder. try it and see your situstion change to better.
Re: What Do I Do In This Circumstance? by almondjoy(f): 3:57pm On Feb 08, 2008
Just keep fasting and praying my dear! kiss
Re: What Do I Do In This Circumstance? by amsky(m): 4:15pm On Feb 08, 2008
Choicehome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where are you?? pls come your attention is needed here. smiley

@poster,
how are you my dear? Do not worry,everthing will be just fine. Firstly, i think that solving this problem will have to start with your closeness to your hubby. Do not shut him away.For all you know,he may be massively stressed now.It not easy to be in a financial mess.Every man i know will be disturbed by that. Pls make him understand that you love him and care for him,irrespective of whatever. That may help him come out of it.
As for beating you, I am not too sure what to say here. I'll pass the discourse to choice home and almondjoy, uspry1 to take that up. cheesy (that one pass me). DO all you can not to provoke him.Once you see he is a foul mood,pls give him time to cool off.

One more thing my dear lady,pls,try and get something to keep yourself busy too.It helps alot,believe me. That way,there'll be some kind of balance.
Take care of your kids,don't let them seetheir dad roughen you up. Will keep you in mind. kiss
Re: What Do I Do In This Circumstance? by Busta(f): 4:18pm On Feb 08, 2008
May kelly:

You need Jesus Christ in your situation. Are you a born again? if not - you must be a Born Again person to be able to overcome that situation. when you accept Jesus as your all and all in your life - I mean as your person Saviour - then you can draw closer your husband with you -that is when you have showed him some changes at home which will make him to wonder. try it and see your situstion change to better.

good thoughts
Re: What Do I Do In This Circumstance? by ISOWE: 4:25pm On Feb 08, 2008
Thanks bro! I ll keep that in mind.

But, do you honestly think I should continue to leave with him? I cried once to my fam and they opted that I left and very willing to accomodate me. I work and practically take care of the family.
Re: What Do I Do In This Circumstance? by weebee(f): 5:47pm On Feb 08, 2008
@ISOWE

The only reason i would advise you not to leave is becos of your children
A man that beats his wife does not worth staying with, what if he kills the
wife in the process. I see such men as nothing but animals.
But my dear there is nothing nomatter how difficult that God
cannot deal with. so go to God in prayers telling Him all you are going through
Also, avoid aguments with your husband and try as much as possible to show him love.
Really some men are difficult to show love and respect but just try your best and leave
the rest to God.
Shalom!

(1) (Reply)

Mothers Of Twins, Pls Share Your Experiences / Keeping Up With The Joneses Aka I Beta Pass My Nieghbour / Men Becoming More Responsible In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.