Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

The Youths Should Blame The Elders For Our Socio-economic Problems - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Youths Should Blame The Elders For Our Socio-economic Problems (578 Views)

Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems / Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica / Biafra Lobby Group Admitted to AU Socio-Cultural Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Youths Should Blame The Elders For Our Socio-economic Problems by Rapmoney(m): 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2012
It pains me a lot when I hear most old people these days saying this generation of young people today lack moral uprightness, are lazy, problematic, materialistic, disrespectful, corrupt, ignorant of their culture, e.t.c.

The fact is that our elders are the original architects of these societal decadence. I started hearing that 'Nigeria is bad' since I was a kid, so how did my generation caused all these? Our early political leaders such as Awolowo, Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa, e.t.c. planted and watered the tree of tribalism and ethno-politics in Nigeria. They did the NPC-North, NCNC-East and AG-West stuff! Past poltical leaders who have stolen the country's money and milked the country dry are not of my generation or are they?

Morally speaking, most of our parents encourage their daughters to hang out with men (both married men) just to get something trickled down to them. The family is the smallest unit of the society. This means that if most of the families are faulty, the society should be faulty too. What do you say about parents paying for 'runs' for their children during WAEC?

I would like to know why an old man of 65 would decrease his age just to occupy a position in the civil service when we have young intelligent graduates who are yet to turn 23.

Culturally speaking, most parents after the 80's were no longer concerned about teaching their children some elemental things about culture. They hardly speak their local languages to the kids. What do you expect the result to be?

He who brings an ant-infested wood to his house should not complain when lizards pay him visit.

Make your opinion known...lets share our views on this. There is freedom of expression.

(1) (Reply)

Unending Promises On Reconstruction Of Lagos -ore-benin Highway / Kanene Okonjo: Kidnappers Insist On Speaking With Minister / Plateau Governor, Jang, Presents 2013 Budget To Seven Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.