Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,585 members, 7,861,778 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:17 PM

Jobs Run After Me But I Will Never Work For Anyone! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobs Run After Me But I Will Never Work For Anyone! (726 Views)

7 Reasons Why You Should Never Work With Family / Jobberman's 2013 - 100 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria. / Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jobs Run After Me But I Will Never Work For Anyone! by joblinker: 3:32pm On Feb 08, 2008
On nairaland I am called JOBLINKER.
I get surprised that people say there are no jobs in naija. Beside the fact that I get atleast a new job offer every week, I know that there are several pointers to the fact that there are countless jobs that can go round those who know the strategy that works. remember that there is no limitation anywhere, your own mind sets your own limitations.

Right from the my undergraduate days, I painstakenly MASTERED the very skills the employers seek for. That was my only crime. Since then i have been trailed with different employment oppurtunities. The last one I rejected was a telecom co. Some relatives and well-wishers think i need prayers.

I have therefore jumpstarted a recruitment company that has linked many candidates to their dream jobs. I have no secret agenda and I am not selling any product to you. I only want to shift your paradigm from a job-seeking mentality to a job-creating type. The truth is there is a driving fulfilment when you are in the right place doing the right thing for which you were born.

There are 2 categories of people in the corridor of work: the FOUNDERS and the MANAGERS
Everyone falls into one of these 2 categories, some possess some measures of both.
How do you know where you belong?
1. Motive:
Founders want freedom, they are goal-oriented & self-motivated naturaly.
Managers want promotion, corporate rewards, they are power-motivated
2. Action:
Founders can get hands dirty, may even upset employees by suddenly doing their works. Founders are workaholics in what they are passionate about.
Managers delegate action. Surpervising and reporting takes most of their energy.
3. Training:
Founders know their businesses intimately, they have business acumen.
Managers usually have professional training, often business school-trained. They have people managmt skills.
4. Family:
Founders mostly have poor relationships with their fathers.
Managers are usually independent of mothers but goog relations with fathers, slightly dependent.
5.Education:
Founders are mostly not concerned with too much education even when there's the oppurtunity. They aim to own the corporate ladder.
Managers are mostly highly educated (for many who have the oppurtunity). Their aim is to climb the corporate ladder.
6. Decision:
Founders follows private vision, very decisive and hates to conform to status quo.
Managers easily agrees with those in power. Can delay decision untile he gets a feeling of what the Boss wants.
7. Mistakes
Founders deals with mistakes and failure as a learning prosess. So can afford 2 take risks.
Managers strives to avoid mistakes and surprises. Hates failure and risks.

ALL THESE QUALITIES COME NATURALLY TO THEM.
Most great innovations and ideas were brought about by natural founders who recognized their passins and followed them regardless of the odds. However, all the innovations and ideas that succeeded only lasted because born managers where involved. There are many born founders who have founded nothing instead they are in banks counting money. Such people hardly get fulfilment. There are born managers who due to joblessness went to start a business. The find it hard to do the things founders do to succeed. I am ready to give free consultancy for such people on this thread

LOCATE YOUR OWN PLACE AND OCCUPY BY FORCE. IF YOU WAIT, YOU WASTE!
Re: Jobs Run After Me But I Will Never Work For Anyone! by JEWELoak(m): 4:14pm On Feb 08, 2008
hello there !you are right but will agree with me that u need motivation to be able to stay on ur own ,but i believe in the school of thougth that jobs are every where .all u need is the right skills .thanks for the reminders.
Re: Jobs Run After Me But I Will Never Work For Anyone! by fatherab1: 9:01am On Feb 11, 2008
JEWELoak:

hello there !you are right but will agree with me that u need motivation to be able to stay on your own ,but i believe in the school of thougth that jobs are every where .all u need is the right skills .thanks for the reminders.

Even Employers seek for SELF-MOTIVATED candidates.
I dont agree that job gives one motivation.

@poster,
I love your piece,
Will get in touch via ur email soon

(1) (Reply)

Hot-urgent Engineering Jobs / Diamond Bank Pay / About Zenith Last Test?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.