Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,359 members, 7,954,467 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:36 PM

Vw Passat 1999-2003 Model Issue. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vw Passat 1999-2003 Model Issue. (2053 Views)

Advise On Volkswagen Passat 1999 / Work In Progress (vw Beetle) / Vw Passat Or Audi A4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vw Passat 1999-2003 Model Issue. by camaro(m): 6:53pm On Nov 24, 2012
Pls can someone tell me the price actual for a passat gear box of the 1999-2003 model. The transmission type is automatic. I also want to know if the automatic transmission type have any common is like that of the honda babyboy. Thanks in anticipation of ur reply.
Re: Vw Passat 1999-2003 Model Issue. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 24, 2012
camaro: Pls can someone tell me the price actual for a passat gear box of the 1999-2003 model. The transmission type is automatic. I also want to know if the automatic transmission type have any common is like that of the honda babyboy. Thanks in anticipation of ur reply.

The automatic transmission of the Volkswagen passat is electronically controlled. Without you stating the model year or engine size, you're not going to get any sort of accurate response. All you'll get will be speculation and guesswork. Merely saying '99 - '03 isn't good enough, as there can be up to three different transmission fitted to the same car in two years. Surely, you must know the year of your car?!

So, what engine size is your Passat, and what model year is it?
Re: Vw Passat 1999-2003 Model Issue. by speed001: 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2012
Sienna I posted somfin pls help me out na. Na wa o. D name is speed0001 pls read anf profer soln. Thanks
Re: Vw Passat 1999-2003 Model Issue. by camaro(m): 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2012
The engine size is a straight four cylinder engine of 1.8litres. I was told the the ECU is built together with the gearbox.
Siena:

The automatic transmission of the Volkswagen passat is electronically controlled. Without you stating the model year or engine size, you're not going to get any sort of accurate response. All you'll get will be speculation and guesswork. Merely saying '99 - '03 isn't good enough, as there can be up to three different transmission fitted to the same car in two years. Surely, you must know the year of your car?!

So, what engine size is your Passat, and what model year is it?
Re: Vw Passat 1999-2003 Model Issue. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 24, 2012
camaro: The engine size is a straight four cylinder engine of 1.8litres. I was told the the ECU is built together with the gearbox.

The valve body is in the transmission, the ECU is under the carpet on the passenger's side.

If your mechanic doesn't know this, then you need to move onto a different mechanic. Trying to save money by using these guys who shouldn't be allowed to swing a spanner next to a wheelbarrow will cost you a heck of a lot more in the long run.
Re: Vw Passat 1999-2003 Model Issue. by camaro(m): 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2012
im on the vague of buying the car but i was told that gearbox for auto transmission is about 110k. it got me startled so i decided to come and comfirm the price from you or any one with similar idea. the problem over here in abia state is that we dont have an good volks mechanic but im out to win that challenge.
Siena:

The valve body is in the transmission, the ECU is under the carpet on the passenger's side.

If your mechanic doesn't know this, then you need to move onto a different mechanic. Trying to save money by using these guys who shouldn't be allowed to swing a spanner next to a wheelbarrow will cost you a heck of a lot more in the long run.
Re: Vw Passat 1999-2003 Model Issue. by kabworld(m): 9:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
Pls help!!!
Last week I was about to travel but my water pipe was leaking so I needed to branch a nearby mechanic workshop to fix it and was planning to fix my gearsit too. So I drove down to d mechanic to fix it. After fixing d water system he was also trying to fix d gearsit to. So while he was under d car he instructed me to change d gear from park to drive which I Did. So i started the engine, the engine started normally but While I was changing d gear from park to drive, I heard a sound (inside )d gear i guess and reported to d mechanic which he said maybe I Did not press d break firmly. The sound repeated itself while moving from drive back to park. Then I switch off the engine, removed d key thinking everything was still fine only for him to finish about 20mins later, started the engine, making initial cranking sound but didn't power d engine again.
So various things habe been done so far like,
Cleaning d plugs and others.
Some tests carried out include
Timebelt check normal
Nozzles normal flashing
Plugs fires normally with pressure
Fuel pump normal
Cylinder with valves not bent
Sensor working and magnetic even changed to another one
battery is a good one
So please any gpost suggestions to help unravel d mystery of the engine not starting.
PLEASE MAKE UNA HELP OOOO. NA ONLY WATER I WANTED TO CHANGE OOO

(1) (Reply)

Honda Recalls 2005 Honda Pilot; 2005-2006 Acura MDX And 2005 Acura RL / World's Longest Car / Changing From 20W-50 To 0W-40

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.