Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Vietnam: What Do You Know - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Vietnam: What Do You Know (10158 Views)

Info For All Those Who Want To Travel To Vietnam To Buy Clothes/shoes Etc / Gotten A New Job In Vietnam / Step To Have Vietnam Visa On Arrival Online 2014 - 2015, Save Money?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vietnam: What Do You Know by Truequest(m): 6:59pm On Feb 08, 2008
Have you heard of Vietnam? or better still do you have information about Vietnam?
What are the investment opportunity there? What kind of people are they
A friend wants to know please.
Have you been there? All I know is the Vietnamese war nothing more.
Re: Vietnam: What Do You Know by kenflipper(m): 11:39pm On Feb 18, 2008
I have been to vietnam,
They dont appreciate africans, so dont think it!!!, they have a hater group that kill African that is only in HOCHIMING CITY, HANOI the capital is nice!!!, nice people and nice weather. Cost of living isnt cheap nor expensive just in between.
The country strives on tourism 10yrs from now they will be among Asia elite.
Re: Vietnam: What Do You Know by chika98: 5:31am On Feb 19, 2008
Lol, Vietnam ke?
Re: Vietnam: What Do You Know by omega25red(m): 7:01pm On Feb 21, 2008
LMAO Vietnam

like the other poster said they thrive on tourism and that country is know for oyinbo men going to sleep with underage girls including all the other poor southeast asian countries. I can't really see what you want to do there because there would be a humongous language barrier and for that matter our reputation precedes us
Re: Vietnam: What Do You Know by almondjoy(f): 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2008
The next China! Watch out for them. They are creeping up behind everyone slowly! kiss

3 Likes

Re: Vietnam: What Do You Know by darkroll(m): 7:43pm On Mar 08, 2009
If i may ask , is Vietnam visa on arrival for Nigerians ? or is there Vietnamese embassy in Nigeria ?
Re: Vietnam: What Do You Know by omega25red(m): 3:54am On Mar 09, 2009
darkroll:

If i may ask , is Vietnam visa on arrival for Nigerians ? or is there Vietnamese embassy in Nigeria ?

do a google search for the consulate web page for vietnam all the info you need is there
Re: Vietnam: What Do You Know by stkris(m): 5:21am On Mar 09, 2009
concentrate your research on the capital city of hanoi (saigon) as that is the only place in vietnam wrth looking towards as a foreigner.

i know u are hoping to get some first hand info here, but i doubt there are many nairalanders in vietnam, so turn to man's new best friend ; GOOGLE! wink
Re: Vietnam: What Do You Know by darkroll(m): 5:53am On Mar 09, 2009
I know a lot about Vietnam on the vacation side already , googles does not seems to find information about how Nigerian Nationality can apply for visa to Vietnam . Am a nigerian but resident in the Seychelles and no Vietnam embassy here in Seychelles or Neighboring country and it seems to me no Vietnam embassy in Nigeria also

@ Kenflipper posted that he as been to Vietnam before , how did u go about getting a tourist visa to Vietnam ?
Re: Vietnam: What Do You Know by Fogman(m): 10:06pm On Mar 09, 2009
Vietnam, has arepresenrative since last year in Nigeria. They were meant to open their embassy last year, which to my knowledge, is functional presently. Nigerians are persona non grata in Vietnam now, infact no airline will carry you from here. My firm, partnered with their representative last year to secure visas for business men who attended their int'l trade fair "VIETNAM EXPO 2008".
Re: Vietnam: What Do You Know by darkroll(m): 3:43am On Mar 10, 2009
Fogman:

Vietnam, has arepresenrative since last year in Nigeria. They were meant to open their embassy last year, which to my knowledge, is functional presently. Nigerians are persona non grata in Vietnam now, infact no airline will carry you from here. My firm, partnered with their representative last year to secure visas for business men who attended their int'l trade fair "VIETNAM EXPO 2008".

Thanks for the above info , do u have contact of the representative in Nigeria ?Am a Nigeria but legal resident of the Seychelles so will be flying from the Seychelles . Is it possible to post passport to the Rep for the visa or is it appearance ?

Why am keen is that me and my friends are doing asia tour in May , have gotten the rest of the asian countries visa we will be visiting just Vietnam visa left . My friends are Scandinavians it is visa free for 15-days for them (They are dam so lucky!)
Re: Vietnam: What Do You Know by Fogman(m): 6:17am On Mar 10, 2009
Darkroll, yes, it is non appearance, you can mail your passport. But if you have relative here who can help you do the errand fine. But i have to confirm, if they still issue the visa, cos of the stated reason on earlier post the rep have added Cambodia to its services. If you dont mind, can i mail you their contact. Send me your email to fogmanmails@yahoo.com
Re: Vietnam: What Do You Know by promise2(f): 1:31pm On Mar 10, 2009
Hi Darkroll,

i wrote to you sometime ago but did not get any reply.
please i need your email adress if may be the one i used isnt right.
i need information from you.

my email is nnemise@yahoo.com
Re: Vietnam: What Do You Know by darkroll(m): 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2009
Check my profile my email is there .

Am sorry if i did not replied your email , am sure i got it mixed up somewhere .
Re: Vietnam: What Do You Know by phuket: 10:49am On Mar 11, 2009
Re: Vietnam: What Do You Know by fohiss: 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2017
goryorhal:

vietnam evisa is not applicable to nigerian passport

I guest Evisa is applicable to Nigerians ..check this out Vietnam Visa for the Nigerian 1. Nigerian Immigration Status Q: Do the Nigerians need Visa to enter Vietnam or not? A: Yes, they do. Whoever has Nigerian Nationality living in Nigeria or other countries in the world needs Visa to enter Vietnam. 2. How to apply Vietnam Visa There are 2 ways to apply Vietnam Visa for the Nigerian citizens: 2.1 Applying Vietnam Visa online (recommended) It is also called Vietnam Visa on arrival (VOA).You apply Vietnam Visa Online in website www.vietnam- evisa.org by filling your necessary information in the online form. You can do it easily, simply from everywhere around the world which have Internet, Wireless 3G Mobile Connections. This way brings to you the most effective, satisfactory result because of its quickness, convenience, cheapness and safety. You do not have to send your passport or important private documents to anywhere. After sending the Online Application form, you will get confirmation letter in 1-2 working hours to know the status of your Online Application. Normally you receive an Approval Letter within 2 working days. In emergency we can proceed your Visa from 30 minutes to 4 hours. You receive an approval letter via email before boarding the plane. As soon as arriving at the airports in Vietnam you have the stamped Visa. If you require we are ready to support you at the airport. How about Service Fee? Our service fee is fixed in website www.vietnam-evisa.org , especially NO hidden charged, NO fail. So you don’t have to pay any additional fees. Click here to find out our fee. 2.2 Applying Visa at Vietnamese Embassy or Vietnamese Consulate This way is rather complicated. You have to lodge your passport and relevant documents to Vietnamese Embassy or Vietnamese Consulate in your country. As you know your application maybe failed because of missing passport, important documents. So it makes you waste a lot of time for applying and waiting. You don’t know how the progress of your application is going on. If you want Visa urgently whether your Visa will be ready in time. This is a big trouble if you are on business or having study, medical problems…. Moreover you cannot restrain expense, have to pay additional cost in difficult situation. On the contrary, Applying Vietnam Visa Online via our website is the best way for your intelligent choice. So Please Do Not hesitate to click here to get one or more. Embassy of Vietnam in Abuja, Nigeria Address: 9 River Niger street, Off Danube street, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria Phone: +234.9.870.3678 Email: vnemb.ng@mofa.gov.vn
Re: Vietnam: What Do You Know by Candybright: 9:31am On Jun 04, 2018
No updated info on this. let me go to their embassy and get first hand info. am coming grin
Re: Vietnam: What Do You Know by Sultannayef: 10:27am On Jul 01, 2018
Did you get any info?

(1) (Reply)

My Trip To Sweden And Poland / No Confirmation For Payment Made To SW Global LLC For Nigerian Passports / Why Nairobi May Be Better Than Abuja Or Jo'burg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.