Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Rapists May Lose Penis In Osun State - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rapists May Lose Penis In Osun State (667 Views)

1-Day-Old Baby Found In A River In Osun (graphic Photos) / Pastor Snatches Wife Of Church Member In Osun / Woman Delivers A Bible And A Baby In Osun State - NTA [PICS+VIDEO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rapists May Lose Penis In Osun State by samguru(m): 7:42am On Nov 26, 2012
The Osun government has sent a bill to the state House of Assembly, seeking stiffer penalties for rapists, including the cutting off of the penis.

Mofolake Adegboyega, Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Welfare, told newsmen on Friday in Osogbo that the bill recommended among other penalties, the cutting off of the ``third leg’’.

The commissioner said the ``Violence Against Women and Children Bill’’, was aimed at reducing the incidence of rape in the state.

The commissioner, who expressed sadness at the increasing trend, especially that of minors, said the state government was working out possible solutions.

According to her, one of the ways of curbing the problem is the bill, which has been sent to the House of Assembly.

She said the bill would spell out details of punishment for culprits within the confines of the law.

She observed that until those who were involved in the inhuman habit were made to face severe punishment, they might never be deterred.

Adegboyega referred to Saudi Arabia, where legs and even heads of culprits were cut off for serious offences, stressing that it would not be too much to cut off the penis of a rapist.

The commissioner observed that it was shameful that not only the unmarried persons were involved in the act, but even elderly persons as old as grandfathers.

As part of the government’s efforts to curb the development, Adegboyega said officials of the ministry had embarked on enlightenment campaign in public places.

``We are going to schools to talk to children on how to conduct themselves, so that they will not play into the hands of men, who are out to abuse them.

``We have also approached traditional rulers on how rapists can be brought to book, including placing a curse on them,” she said.

According to her, efforts are being made to ensure that the authorities of the Police College include a course on rape in their curriculum.

(NAN)
Re: Rapists May Lose Penis In Osun State by Caseless: 9:28am On Nov 26, 2012
See wetin konji go soon start to cause for rapists in ogun.

My thirdleg my strength.

My thirdleg, my wealth.

My thirdleg, my health.

My thirdleg, my babies.

If u be rapist, jst hang ur boot cos ogun people are ready for u.

What happened to 24 year jail term for rapists? Rapists, steer clear cos ur most cherished(d'ick) go soon hear am. This pple harsh oooo...
Re: Rapists May Lose Penis In Osun State by RudySmith(m): 12:54pm On Nov 26, 2012
I highly doubt this will solve the problem, far from it. There r many ways 2 ra.pe or abuse a woman, a joystick is just one of them.
I think this will turn these men into doing more brutal attacks against women, bcuz the problem is in these sickos head. Ra.pe has very little 2 do with sex and all 2 do with overpowering/control etc. Many of these rapists wouldn't feel right being with a girl giving away the sex willfully, they need 2 take it by force to enjoy the act.
This bill is just a FG waste of time and money!
Re: Rapists May Lose Penis In Osun State by CrazyMan(m): 7:06am On Nov 27, 2012
I heard the story is false...the Osun state government denied the publication.

(1) (Reply)

Feel Hopeless About Your Marriage? 8 Tips To Save It. / Childhood Escapades / Why Do Elderly Men R.ape Minors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.