Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Robocode - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Robocode (1176 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robocode by PrinceNN(m): 11:33am On Nov 26, 2012
So i happend accross my RoboCode folder and couldnt help but admire the power of my ~PrInX~ bot grin cool
so....if anyone here has an intelligent bot and would like to face of the ~PrInX~ bot, signify now...or forever hold your peace....

info: Robocode is a programming game where the goal is to code a robot to compete against other robots in a battle arena. The player is the programmer of the robot, who will have no direct influence on the game. Instead, the player must write the AI of the robot telling it how to behave and react on events occurring in the battle arena. So the name Robocode is a short for "Robot code".
Robots are written in the Java Programming Language, and the Robocode game can run on any operating system supported by the Java Platform...but the logic is straight forward...very little java knowledge is required, just read the API

Competitors write software that controls a miniature tank that fights other identically-built (but differently programmed) tanks in a playing field. Robots can move, shoot at each other, scan for each other, and hit the walls (or other robots) if they aren't careful. Though the idea of this "game" may seem simple, the actual strategy needed to win is not. Good robots can have thousands of lines in their code dedicated to strategy. Some of the more successful robots use techniques such as statistical analysis or attempts at neural networks in their designs
Re: Robocode by xcitedjay(m): 11:53am On Nov 26, 2012
Hope you included codes for your Robocode to bury itself? Cause your ~PrInX~ bot or whatever fancy name you choose to give it stands no chance against mine.
Re: Robocode by lordZOUGA(m): 11:57am On Nov 26, 2012
sounds like an interesting game but would have been nice if it was scriptable... For real time controls
Re: Robocode by PrinceNN(m): 2:27pm On Nov 26, 2012
xcitedjay: Hope you included codes for your Robocode to bury itself? Cause your ~PrInX~ bot or whatever fancy name you choose to give it stands no chance against mine.

Lmao I tot we've settle this issue...besides, I know ur bot already has a self.bury() function cheesy
Re: Robocode by PrinceNN(m): 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2012
lordZOUGA: sounds like an interesting game but would have been nice if it was scriptable... For real time controls

Yea its interesting..once it starts u just sit n watch ur creation...hehe.....else it would just be like those boring tank games,
Re: Robocode by Javanian: 9:04am On Jul 14, 2013
@Prince are you still intrested in this stuff? it is damn addictive and interesting grin
Re: Robocode by PrinceNN(m): 4:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
yea sure.... do u have a worthy AI cool??
Re: Robocode by Javanian: 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2013
kind of, just started this yesterday, so i can't say i have done so much work on it, but i can still give it a try..
Re: Robocode by Javanian: 11:55am On Jul 17, 2013
@prince? undecided
Re: Robocode by PrinceNN(m): 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2013
Javanian: @prince? undecided

Yup seen....
Would upload my AI wen I'm free....u cn upload urs also
Explain d workings of this ur up coming bot :-)
Re: Robocode by Javanian: 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
@prince did you use any of this in your code implemenation?

Pattern Matching
Clustering
Statistical partitioning
Re: Robocode by mkwayisi: 3:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
Interesting! I was actually looking for something like this awhile ago. But from reading the docs, it seems the game engine is not fair to "smart" robots since the winner of a battle is determined by one's score. I believe the last survivor *should* be the winner instead. Anyway, I'll try putting something together with the sole purpose of competing with yours. Just hang on wink
Re: Robocode by Javanian: 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
mkwayisi: But from reading the docs, it seems the game engine is not fair to "smart" robots since the winner of a battle is determined by one's score. I believe the last survivor *should* be the winner instead.

You have a score for survival, i guess it is made that way so that some robots wont go and hide until the end of the game...

(1) (Reply)

Value Objects In Java / Mac Data Recovery / Android App Source Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.