Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Chasing The Beast. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chasing The Beast. (852 Views)

666 Aka The Mark Of The Beast: President Obama Vs Revelation 13:15-18 / The Mark Of The Beast - If You See It, It’s Too Late. / 50 People Chasing The Solar Image Of Mary Lose Their Sight. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chasing The Beast. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 26, 2012
Revelation 13:5 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise his authority for forty-two months. 6 He opened his mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. 7 He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. 8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast.

There is something in this heart of mine which yearns for a simpler and less busy life. I seem to be continually attending to those things which I believe are important. But I wonder at times how important they really are in the overall scheme of life and faith. I often think about a verse in Revelation which I could apply to my life “And they have no rest day and night – those who worship the Beast and his image” Rev 14:11. That may or may not be the appropriate interpretation of that verse but it sure feels like it could be at times.

In thinking about what’s important in life one can’t help but be moved by the recent plight of many Japanese people who were at one moment busy doing life, only to have it all swept away, themselves included. Life just stopped in an instant. Their labour, their work, their dreams all ended. And now will anyone notice that they won’t complete the work they had put their hands to. Will the busyness of their lives be missed and will the world be any different for it.

I really, really, really wonder IF, so many of the things we do in life matter. Do they?

I look at my nation and the West at large, and see the futility of our endeavours. Vanity, vanity, it’s all vanity, Solomon penned. So much of what we do in the context of life, faith and eternity is empty and meaningless. We in the West have erred concerning the faith. We have built the house on misplaced values. We are in my summation “Chasing the Beast” and that includes many church going believers.

The whole earth was amazed, and followed the Beast. Rev 13:3.

The apostate Christian nations of the west have foisted upon this present world a value system of material wealth and financial prosperity which is hard to resist. Through it’s money making interests, television, satellite network, internet and modern forms of technology, even the most remote parts of the world have the opportunity to aspire to the Beastly values of this world. I’ve seen it in the poorest parts of the Philippines, Africa, the Middle east….satellite dishes rooftop to rooftop, and the Big TV with the beckoning voice of an intangible value system – the image of the Beast. Come follow, aspire to this, be like this, you know you want it, this is what your life should look like…..and so on.

And noting this also, that it is the second lamb like beast of Revelation 13 that comes out of the earth, that looks like a lamb, and speaks like a dragon. Who compels the world to worship the dragon by giving life to an image that speaks. Yes the lamb looking Christian nations of the West, who deceive with their lamb like facade and profession of godliness and compel the world to imitate the dream, the life.

Can’t you see the vanity in all of this. The emptiness of it all. Given the suddenness with which a man’s life can be taken from him. Given the backdrop of so many recent tragedies in which men’s lives have been snatched from them. This is the day in which men will be called fools by the living God, for placing their treasure in earthly stores. Your gold and silver will not save you in the day of the Lord’s anger. Zeph 1:18

It has been an ongoing and continual battle for me these last few years to avoid this beckoning to follow the Beast. I have fought it, wondered about it, given in to it, resisted it, hated it, despised it and probably made myself look a little stupid and hypocritical at times as I harp on about the deceitfulness of riches and the empty pursuit of the material. Mat 6:24

Yet I am reminded that it is men like John the Baptist, who refused to hold to the values of this world who are to be counted amongst those who follow the lamb. And it is only those who follow the lamb who escape the clutches of the Beast. John the Baptist who owned nothing, dressed in camels hair and ate locusts and honey. Forsaking the things of this world to obtain the kingdom of God. And John was like Jesus in this, he owned nothing but the cloak he wore and sought little of this world. And then there was Paul who counted his loss in this world to be gain. Who gave it all up to pursue the prize. These men followed the lamb and their lives imitated Him.

And I sit here and suppose that I am following the lamb of God. I gotta wonder about that too “sell what you have, give alms to the poor, and follow Me”

Taking the mark – As men aspire to the beckoning voice of the Beast they take upon themselves his persona. To obtain the material wealth and prosperous lifestyle that the beast promises, one must covet, hoard, lie, act selfishly, greedily, love money, aspire to the temporal and the list goes on. This is what it means to take the mark. We follow the Beast and we worship the dragon and we are marked with his likeness. A whole world of little beasts that imitate their father as they pursue his image and desire to behold this form of unrighteousness.

But we of the faith are called to pursue another image. And it’s not the image of the Beast or me, or your pastor, or your church, or the TV evangelist or anyone you are to imitate, But Christ the lamb of God. Christ the image of God is the one we imitate and doing this we will be marked by His likeness. Please don’t be fooled. Stop looking to those who profess to be of the faith, fix your eyes upon the Saviour and seek to imitate Him. For as He has told you, MANY will come in His name saying that He is the Messiah, and lead many astray. Do you not know that the devil appears as an angel of light and his ministers appear as ministers of righteousness.

Awaken bride from thy slumber, for the Lord of Glory beckons you to follow Him.

This yearning for a simpler, meaningful life with God is not to be ignored. Do you hear it? Can you hear that gentle call? My beloved spoke, and said to me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. SOS 2:10

It is the beckoning voice of the coming King, hearken to it child and forsake the love of this world.

Stop chasing the Beast!

Source of Article
Re: Chasing The Beast. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 26, 2012
^^^

I do not necessarily agree with all of the above, but it has some very real truths.
Re: Chasing The Beast. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 26, 2012
GOOD READ. I ACTUALLY READ IT ALL DESPITE THE LENGTH

1 Like

Re: Chasing The Beast. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2012
^^

Thank You !
Re: Chasing The Beast. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
FROSBEL, WILL YOU SAY YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE WHO CHASE THE BEAST ? OR ARE YOU A SIMPLE MAN WITH NO WORLDLY DESIRES AND NO STRIVING FOR WORLDLY GAINS ?
Re: Chasing The Beast. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
obadiah777: FROSBEL, WILL YOU SAY YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE WHO CHASE THE BEAST ? OR ARE YOU A SIMPLE MAN WITH NO WORLDLY DESIRES AND NO STRIVING FOR WORLDLY GAINS ?

I will be honest and say that I am removing myself from serving the beast system, something which almost ruined me.

In my career there is always a desire to be at the very top , therefore you spend a large amount of your time studying for more qualifications, working like a donkey , trying to please the top bosses etc.

Also there is a status thing among we men, to have the latest car and house etc which I once was part of.

However, nowadays my desire for all these things is diminishing very rapidly , what matters mostly is my relationship with GOD and my legacy as a Christian when I 'bite the dust'.

What about you ?

2 Likes

Re: Chasing The Beast. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel:

I will be honest and say that I am removing myself from serving the beast system, something which almost ruined me.

In my career there is always a desire to be at the very top , therefore you spend a large amount of your time studying for more qualifications, working like a donkey , trying to please the top bosses etc.

Also there is a status thing among we men, to have the latest car and house etc which I once was part of.

However, nowadays my desire for all these things is diminishing very rapidly , what matters mostly is my relationship with GOD and my legacy as a Christian when I 'bite the dust'.

What about you ?
NICE. WELL ME MYSELF I HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN A MATERIALISTIC PERSON SO THAT MY TRANSFORMATION WAS A LOT EASIER. MY HEIGHT OF MATERIALISM WAS IN UNIVERSITY WHEN I COVETED FOR DESIGNER CLOTHES AND SHOES AND BUSTED MY BUTT WORKING IN LONDON SO I COULD GET RALPH LAUREN SHIRTS AND VALENTINO JEANS AND SUEDE BROGUES AND PENNY LOAFERS ETC ETC AND A CAR. BUT AFTER UNI I STARTED DATING THIS WHITE WOMAN WAS WAS A HIPPIE TYPE AND NOT INTO MATERIALISM. AND FROM THEN ON I JUST HAVE NOT COVETED MATERIAL THINGS ANYMORE. I STILL CHASE MONEY BUT NOT TO USE IT TO BUY STUFF. MONEY IS FREEDOM. HOWEVER I AM NOT INTO IPADS OR THE LATEST GADGETS OR EXPENSIVE CARS OR BIG HOUSES. I LIKE SMALL THINGS. I FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE IN EXPENSIVE LOOKING THINGS IN A WORLD OF MISERY. SO WHEN I DISCOVERED THIS TRUTH, MY TRANSFORMATION WAS EASY. ITS LIKE I WAS A PROPHET IN PAST LIFE WHICH IS WHY MY SPIRIT HAS ALWAYS REJECTED OPULENCE. SCRIPTURE SAYS WHAT YOU DID IN PAST LIVES IS WHAT YOU WILL KEEP ON DOING TILL CHRIST RETURNS. THE WICKED WILL KEEP ON DOING WICKEDLY AND THE RIGHTEOUS ( THATS US ) WILL BE PURIFIED ( BOOK OF DANIEL )
Re: Chasing The Beast. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 27, 2012
^^^

Nice to know. Great stuff !!

Just drop the black hebrew stuff and you will be fine grin

1 Like

Re: Chasing The Beast. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel: ^^^

Nice to know. Great stuff !!

Just drop the black hebrew stuff and you will be fine grin
LOLZ. NO SUCH THING AS BLACK HEBREW. THATS A LABEL.

(1) (Reply)

Deeper Life And Television / The Pastor Chasers ( Second Edition ) / RCCG Open Heavens Devotion Sunday 17th March 2013 Wine, Not For Kings By Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.