Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,493 members, 7,847,024 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:39 AM

The Price L Paid For Success… –iyabo Ojo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Price L Paid For Success… –iyabo Ojo (719 Views)

Iyabo Ojo At The Beach In Florida (pics) / Iyabo Ojo And Son Step Out In Casual Ensembles (photos) / Iyabo Ojo’s PA Gets Toyota Corolla From The Actress, Collapses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Price L Paid For Success… –iyabo Ojo by lekanolas: 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2012
Iyabo Ojo, a screen diva and a popular Yoruba movie actress, is still relevant in the acting world. This mother of two, whose marriage crashed some years ago, says it has been challenging raising her kids alone. She tells Adaeze Amos that she hopes to remarry when the right man comes, among other things.

What do you do when you want to unwind?

I spend more time with my kids, especially at home and sometimes if I want to go out of my shores, I visit some of my friends just to have fun and then I’m back home.

How many children do you have?

I have two children, a boy and a girl.

How do you combine motherhood with acting?

Over the years, I think I have been able to manage. It’s been good, I have been trying. It wasn’t easy initially. I mean, at the beginning but you know with time you get to adjust and it becomes very easy, especially when your kids are growing up, then they can do most things themselves. As a single parent, what are the challenges you encounter raising two kids on your own? It’s very challenging because you have to be the mother and the father at the same time. As I said, as the years go by, you overcome and it becomes usual. You have to work hard and seek God’s support because you can’t do it alone. You also must have people around you who are very supportive.

Can you reach out to single parents who could be grumbling over such responsibilities as raising their children alone?

They should have faith in God and believe that their kids are gifts from God. Whatever they invest in them, they are obviously going to reap a good fruit out of it. You know that those kids are their mansions, luxury cars, gold and diamonds. Once you invest in your kids, definitely, they would reap it one day.

What is your most striking prayer-point?

I pray every day to God to bless my kids and grant them wisdom, knowledge and for every effort I put in them not to be in vain. I also pray for good health and long life.

Do you have any hope of remarrying?

Maybe, when the man comes; no problem, I will remarry.

How did you feel when your marriage crashed some years ago?

I was down, in fact, devastated.

Whenever you are down, what do you do to derive your inspiration?

Sometimes, I watch movies, read books or share words with my loved one telling me how beautiful I am and how much he loves me. That keeps me alive, it keeps me going. Sometimes, I play with my kids and the fact that they appreciate what mummy is doing keeps my spirit alive. They also show me how much they love me.

Have you ever felt inferior or intimidated in life?

Never! Nothing has ever made me feel inferior or intimidated. Not even the fact that I’m a woman in a maledominated society as ours. I talk boldly and I don’t think that a man should be able to hush or stop me from talking. I have always said my mind in every situation I find myself. I would always fight for my right whether it is a man’s world or not. Whether you like it or not, we (women) are the ones ruling the world.

Are there things you couldn’t achieve because of your sex?

I don’t think so. If you work hard, you will be successful. Success has no gender coloration. It is not restricted to men alone.. Every child of God is meant to be successful; that is what I believe.

What price did you pay to get to where you are now?

I didn’t have to pay any price to get to where I am. The only price, maybe I could say I paid, was my privacy. Apart from that, nothing!

How are you coping with fame?

I’m trying to cope. As you grow older in the industry, the better you are able to handle stardom…the more experience you are to deal with situations. Initially, especially for the young ones, it may be shocking, annoying, frustrating and upsetting. But after a while, it becomes a normal part of you. It’s something you just have to cope with. You have to learn to cope with yourself, fans, the press, the society, family, and your environment. The more you cope, the better for you.

What was that scandalous story that was written about you?

I don’t want to talk about it anymore because it is a thing of the past now. If you talk about it, you start going back on it again. It’s a thing of the past.

Should I remind you about some of those scandals?

No, please, I know you heard some but don’t just go there. I wouldn’t want to talk about any of them. A lot of things have been written about me precisely which are not true. For some, I had taken offence in them. I see some as one of those things. But the bottom line is that I just try to manage. The press people are my friends but sometimes I try to keep them at an arm’s length. But there are some that are really close to me and for the fact, they consistently write about me. I just see that as doing their jobs.

What is your style?

My style is me. I create who I am. Sometimes, my mood determines my style, the way I dress and the way I look because I’m a very stylish person. I like to combine things a lot. I like to look a little bit perfect, though you can never be perfect. As long as you are stylish, I would always admire you.

What fashion trends put you off?

Colour blocking. To me, colour blocking is a fashion blunder. Blending shouting and ugly colours together to me is a blunder.

Do you have a man in your life?

I have a man in my life. He is keeping me happy. I don’t discuss my personal life. But I have a man who is keeping me happy. Of course, a pretty lady like me should have a man.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/the-price-l-paid-for-success-iyabo-ojo/

(1) (Reply)

I Do It Alone.i Don’t Have A Team! Gidi Traffic Speaks About How It All Started / Whizzkid And EME (banky W) Fall Out....d One Sided Story / !!!spanking New !!! Flavour Nabania Hunts For A New Artist!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.