Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,785 members, 7,827,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Doctors On Air: CANCER! CANCER! CANCER! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors On Air: CANCER! CANCER! CANCER! (515 Views)

Fried And Barbecued Meat Raises The Risk Of Kidney Cancer - Cancer Researcher / Causes & Symptoms Of Cervical Cancer (cancer Of The Cervix) / Causes & Symptoms Of Cervical Cancer (cancer Of The Cervix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Doctors On Air: CANCER! CANCER! CANCER! by kody102: 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2012
Cancer: in Nigeria, you only beat cancer with early detection. True or false? Lets talk about it.

@DOAClassic
Re: Doctors On Air: CANCER! CANCER! CANCER! by kody102: 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
Cancer is real

Kody's story: Approxiametly 6 years ago, my Father, passed away on a hospital bed. 14 days before his death, the doctors said he had only 2 weeks to die. i did not believe. I was only 21 years. I loved my father and I wanted my father to be around always for me. I had just finished my 1st degree and i wanted to show my father that I too would be a success.

Previously, my dad travelled twice a year to the UK, mostly for medical check ups and he had an array of drugs he was taking every night. I did not know what these drugs were for but i felt, since my dad was elderly, he needed most of these drugs.

One day, i stumbled on a vhs cassette and i watched in shock. it was a video of an operation being carried out. The little camera was inside some1's stomach. It was my dads stomach. The operation was removing a cancer stumor.

Why didnt my dad tell me? was i too yound to understand? when did he have this?

I watched until i couldnt watch no more. i saw my dad later that day but didnt tell him what i saw.

Years forward, my dad was to tired to go on. The drugs where to much for him. He said he wanted to stop it. He wanted to go onto glory. I was only 21 and my dad went through so much pain in his finally days. He didnt want me or my other siblings to see him in his state. He refused to go the hosipital. The doctors came to see him. He refused to take his medicine and when forced to have any injection, he made sure he didnt eat.

I loved my dad so much and yet my dad was victim. I blamed him for not fighting enough but was i right to blame him?

Cancer is real, it took my dad and all i have now are memories of his smile and this little story to share.

Thank you
Re: Doctors On Air: CANCER! CANCER! CANCER! by kody102: 4:49pm On Nov 26, 2012
please post your thoughts and comments

(1) (Reply)

Home ⁠|⁠health ⁠|⁠ News Life Expectancy Lower In US Than Other Rich Countries / Valued Patient Thoughts / Incredible!dead Actorr Resurrects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.