Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,087 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Boko Haram Sends Letter Offering Dialogue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Sends Letter Offering Dialogue (655 Views)

Suntai Sends Letter To House Of Assembly Asking To Resume As Governor / Boko Haram Sends Letter Offering Dialogue / Boko Haram Sends Out Second Video - "We Will Consume Jonathan In 3 Months" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Sends Letter Offering Dialogue by youngies(m): 6:12am On Nov 27, 2012
A purported senior member of Islamist militant group Boko Haram has distributed a letter requesting talks with the government, a day after a double suicide bombing blamed on the sect killed at least 11 and wounded 30 in an army barracks.

The letter, according to Reuters was signed by Sheik Abu Mohammed Ibn Abdulazeez, a man known by security sources to be a sect member but considered to be a moderate.

If the letter is genuine, it would appear to mark a change of tact for the Islamists that fits ill with a spate of violent episodes, including the bombing of the military church on Sunday.

That bombing showed a degree of sophistication not seen from Boko Haram for months.
Nearly 3,000 people have died violent deaths related to the conflict since the sect launched its uprising in 2009, according to a count by Human Rights Watch.

Boko Haram has replaced militancy in the oil-rich Niger Delta over that time to become the biggest security threat to Africa’s top energy producer.

The letter was handed to the national head of the union of journalists, Aba Kakami, who has often received and distributed statements from the sect, usually claiming attacks against high profile targets or warning of them.

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/3156-boko-haram-sends-letter-offering-dialogue
Re: Boko Haram Sends Letter Offering Dialogue by youngies(m): 6:13am On Nov 27, 2012
I didn't see the address of the writer of the letter undecided
Re: Boko Haram Sends Letter Offering Dialogue by Caseless: 6:24am On Nov 27, 2012
Gov't should jst take advantage of this offer pls. All this gra-gra to show they can fight them will not take us anywhere.....cos if this insurgency continues, it is we(civillian) that will suffer more.

Gej should not listen to those his advisers(those sayin he shld not dialogue), as we knw where some of their advice hav led him in the past.
Re: Boko Haram Sends Letter Offering Dialogue by Caseless: 6:31am On Nov 27, 2012
youngies: I didn't see the address of the writer of the letter undecided
i'm sure u know boko haram headquarter and where they're operating from...u can jst add d known adress to the letter to complete it.

Their adress is: No700 , boko haram street, off bomb factory avenue, Borno state, NE , nigeria.

Smh.....
Re: Boko Haram Sends Letter Offering Dialogue by abbeycial: 6:32am On Nov 27, 2012
there is always a dialogue b4 d next attack...i sense some kind of palour trick here.
Re: Boko Haram Sends Letter Offering Dialogue by tempest01(m): 6:49am On Nov 27, 2012
So the bombing was to cow the FG into dialogue with bokoharam abi?? BokoHaram people, after your amnesty and u all come out in the open, u think the relations of all those you have killed will smile and give u a handshake? Think again. U people deserve only death for the innocent children u've made orphans, for the widows and widowers u've made, for families you av wiped off the earth. My advise to northerners is that they should not (as ND people did) claim BH just to get stipends from FG. If u do, u r signing ur death warrant.
Re: Boko Haram Sends Letter Offering Dialogue by dannywest: 7:05am On Nov 27, 2012
I thought Boko Haram was against Western Education previously? Who wrote the letter for them?
Re: Boko Haram Sends Letter Offering Dialogue by semid4lyfe(m): 7:08am On Nov 27, 2012

(1)

The President We Need In 2015 / NNPC Releases Strategic Reserves To Fight Fuel Scarcity / Northern Leaders Blame Jonathan’s Administration For Region’s Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.