Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,840 members, 7,828,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

AFCON 2013: Martins May Be Dropped - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2013: Martins May Be Dropped (5808 Views)

Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2013: Martins May Be Dropped by honeric01(m): 3:08pm On Nov 27, 2012
chochoman: Point of correction,the core of the Zambian team you mentioned was made up of the team that got dumped out of the previous competition in the hands of the super eagles two years earlier,that is experience.Obagoal is a proven striker who still has it in him.

And so what? the coach says he doesn't need him in his first 11, so what do you want him to do? bench who for him now? he had his time so let others have their time.
Re: AFCON 2013: Martins May Be Dropped by honeric01(m): 3:10pm On Nov 27, 2012
Jarus: Martins is more dangerous and instils more fears in opponents than Emenike, although Emenike has a more Yekini-esque physique. I think Emenike should be the one to be dropped, not Martins. Emenike at least will still around in 2015. This may be Martins' last competition for Nigeria.

The coach for now does not see Martins in his plan so let him select whoever he wants as long as they are up to the task. right now, our problem is not strikers, Martins was not there to score when we scored 9 goals in 2 matches so we should allow the coach pick his best 23 man squad.
Re: AFCON 2013: Martins May Be Dropped by Mcleo007(m): 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2012
femi4: You are as good as your last game. Current form matters(as regards national team).....
If it should be based on past input in the National team, then the likes of
Utaka and Yakubu should make the team

You have a fair point there, but you will agree with me that, when it comes to playing in a tornament, experience weighs side by side with form. If that is not the case, experienced players like Giggs and Becks (even though he wasn't picked) would not have vied for the olympic games, or as the case with Miroslav Klose at the last Euro. More likely is the situation with a Didier currently playing in an unfancied league as the China A-league; standing in as the captain of his national team. I maintain that Oba's experience as would i say Osaze is indispensible in this current SE mould.
Re: AFCON 2013: Martins May Be Dropped by Mpeace(m): 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2012
Mcleo007:

Word! A typical example is the WC qualifiers of 2010 away at Uganda. Martins despite picking up a knock, still grabbed a brace for Nigeria which all but secured qualifications. I'd be damned to see the likes of Brown Ideye and Emenike make the list ahead of Obagoal! His form for club is terrific plus he provides a different approach to the team play. He's a direct and rugged player that is never to trace on goal.
so na uganda. I thought it was kenya fa. Thanks 4 confusing me the more.
Re: AFCON 2013: Martins May Be Dropped by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:22am On Nov 28, 2012
Dolakinz:
Well, martins is aving a nice season currently. He is helping his team to stay in d first ten in la liga. His goals dis season were winning goals. Wen u talk abt his past form, he had bin battling wit injury in d past years, So dont compare him wit yakubu or utaka who has bin playing all dis while.

I don't understand this coach. Please who is the best Nigerian attacker this season in a top league? Is it not Martins? Martins has been a big revelation in the Spanish league this season. Well it is Keshi's choice. He is the coach and he will be blamed if he loses.

I wonder who is impressing Keshi.
Re: AFCON 2013: Martins May Be Dropped by honeric01(m): 5:44am On Nov 28, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

I don't understand this coach. Please who is the best Nigerian attacker this season in a top league? Is it not Martins? Martins has been a big revelation in the Spanish league this season. Well it is Keshi's choice. He is the coach and he will be blamed if he loses.

I wonder who is impressing Keshi.

How is it Martins?
Where do you put Osaze?
Ideye?
Victor Moses?
Ik Uche?
Emenike?

we don't have problems with strikers and infact we have in surplus, so Martin's exclusion (when it happens) won't affect the scoring chances we have.

What we need are defenders and midfielders.
Re: AFCON 2013: Martins May Be Dropped by femi4: 8:13am On Nov 28, 2012
Mcleo007:

You have a fair point there, but you will agree with me that, when it comes to playing in a tornament, experience weighs side by side with form. If that is not the case, experienced players like Giggs and Becks (even though he wasn't picked) would not have vied for the olympic games, or as the case with Miroslav Klose at the last Euro. More likely is the situation with a Didier currently playing in an unfancied league as the China A-league; standing in as the captain of his national team. I maintain that Oba's experience as would i say Osaze is indispensible in this current SE mould.
This is Nations cup we r talking about here....r u saying the likes of IK Uche, Osaze, Ideye are not experienced enough to play in CAN.
Re: AFCON 2013: Martins May Be Dropped by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:52am On Nov 28, 2012
honeric01:

How is it Martins?
Where do you put Osaze?
Ideye?
Victor Moses?
Ik Uche?
Emenike?

we don't have problems with strikers and infact we have in surplus, so Martin's exclusion (when it happens) won't affect the scoring chances we have.

What we need are defenders and midfielders.

None of the strikers you listed is performing. Better than Martins this season.
Re: AFCON 2013: Martins May Be Dropped by honeric01(m): 11:25am On Nov 28, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Can you prove this?
do you know how many goals Ideye's scored?
Enemike for his club?
Osaze for his club and his immerse contribution for his club?

As far as i know, Keshi does not see a need for Martins in his plan, if he's got needs for him, he'd invite him (like i read, he's on standby).
Re: AFCON 2013: Martins May Be Dropped by femi4: 1:32pm On Nov 28, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Where is your proof....stop being bias
Re: AFCON 2013: Martins May Be Dropped by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:39pm On Nov 28, 2012
honeric01:

Can you prove this?
do you know how many goals Ideye's scored?
Enemike for his club?
Osaze for his club and his immerse contribution for his club?

As far as i know, Keshi does not see a need for Martins in his plan, if he's got needs for him, he'd invite him (like i read, he's on standby).
I have already Keshi is the coach and it is his the one that will be blamed if the team fails.
Secondly, Martins has scored 5 goals in 8 games. Remember' I said performing in a top league.

Finally, I am not a yoruba person, so I am not being bias.

Well this will give Martins a chance to concentrate on growing in the LaLiga.
Re: AFCON 2013: Martins May Be Dropped by honeric01(m): 3:48am On Nov 29, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:
I have already Keshi is the coach and it is his the one that will be blamed if the team fails.
Secondly, Martins has scored 5 goals in 8 games. Remember' I said performing in a top league.

Finally, I am not a yoruba person, so I am not being bias.

Well this will give Martins a chance to concentrate on growing in the LaLiga.

never said you were bias because he's yoruba, keshi knows what he wants in his attack and if martins's not in his plan, what can we do? Force him to change plan? Na coach dey collect blame before na so nothing new.
Re: AFCON 2013: Martins May Be Dropped by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:19pm On Nov 29, 2012
honeric01:

never said you were bias because he's yoruba, keshi knows what he wants in his attack and if martins's not in his plan, what can we do? Force him to change plan? Na coach dey collect blame before na so nothing new.

You never said I was bias, I was trying to reply both comments.
Re: AFCON 2013: Martins May Be Dropped by honeric01(m): 10:04am On Nov 30, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

You never said I was bias, I was trying to reply both comments.

Don't be bias could mean different things

you could be bias because you are used to seeing Martins play thereby giving him bias advantage over others you don't get to see play e.t.c

(1) (2) (Reply)

Accessbet Is A Scam / Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? / Prophet T.B Joshua Prediction For Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.