Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! (2307 Views)

Man's Car Falls From Bridge, Survives Fatal Accident After (Photos) / Post Your 2016 "By This Time Next Year"expectations With Faith.. / T.B. Joshua Takes Steps Against The Spread Of Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 27, 2012
It has already been noted that secular countries that have a significant number of atheists dominate the top 10 advanced countries and the top 10 peaceful countries. Now, there is another list that these countries top.

The list of countries in global ranking

1) Finland- 28% atheists

2) South Korea- 50% atheists

3) Hong Kong- 64% atheists/no religion

4) Japan- 64% atheists

5) Singapore- 13% atheists

6) UK- 34% atheists

7) Netherlands

cool New Zealand

9) Switzerland

10)Canada

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-20498356

2 Likes

Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2012
Bump!
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by CrazyMan(m): 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2012
Ok
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 27, 2012
CrazyMan: Ok

What? Is that all you have to say? Keep running away from the truth with your false religion

1 Like

Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Dipwater(m): 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2012
@logic ,I luv what u are doing .

Christians are so backward my broda I don tire for them.
Maybe I will have to muv up to finland ,I need to hookup with an atheist girl,am tired of the xtian girls they make me sick

1 Like

Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2012
Dipwater: @logic ,I luv what u are doing .

Maybe I will have to muv up to finland ,I need to hookup with an atheist girl,am tired of the xtian girls they make me sick

Christians are backward

are you guys kids or is the average age of atheists on nairaland somewhere between 16 - 20 ?

Nigerian medial consultants, registrars , accountants and lawyers that I know in the UK are 99% Christian or Muslim.

Where are the Nigerian atheists who are doing exceedingly well, smoking dope maybe while trying to sound intellectual by rehashing third hand garbage from their western white masters.

1 Like

Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel:

Christians are backward

are you guys kids or is the average age of atheists on nairaland somewhere between 16 - 20 ?

Nigerian medial consultants, registrars , accountants and lawyers that I know in the UK are 99% Christian or Muslim.

Where are the Nigerian atheists who are doing exceedingly well, smoking dope maybe while trying to sound intellectual by rehashing third hand garbage from their western white masters.

Forsbel, dont let me insult you for this ignorance you display angry

How many Nigerian doctors/accountants do you know in UK? You pull out statistics from nowhere and criticise statistics that are well researched. Do you know what most atheists here do for a living?

"White masters" is only applicable to christians like you who follow a foreign religion.

Furthermore, only ignorant people like you argue with evidence. Sorry, but religion is dying in the most educated and peaceful countries in the world. That is a fact.
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
Dipwater: @logic ,I luv what u are doing .

lol.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by MrAnony1(m): 3:28am On Nov 28, 2012
Logicboy03: It has already been noted that secular countries that have a significant number of atheists dominate the top 10 advanced countries and the top 10 peaceful countries. Now, there is another list that these countries top.

1) Finland- 28% atheists

4) Japan- 64% atheists

6) UK- 34% atheists

7) Netherlands

cool New Zealand

9) Switzerland

10)Canada

Lol, this is so funny...........

It has already been noted that secular countries that have a significant number of theists dominate the top 10 advanced countries and the top 10 peaceful countries. Now, there is another list that these countries top.

List of countries in global ranking.

1. Finland 72% theists
2. South Korea 50% theists
3. Hong Kong 36% theists/religious
4. Japan 36% theists
5. Singapore 87% theists
6. UK 66% theists
7. Netherlands
8. New Zealand
9. Switzerland
10.Canada
It goes both ways my friend

Even funnier is that the link you presented has this as it's main picture

Korean parents praying for their children to pass exams
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 3:34am On Nov 28, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, this is so funny...........

It has already been noted that secular countries that have a significant number of theists dominate the top 10 advanced countries and the top 10 peaceful countries. Now, there is another list that these countries top.

List of countries in global ranking.

1. Finland 72% theists
2. South Korea 50% theists
3. Hong Kong 36% theists/religious
4. Japan 36% theists
5. Singapore 87% theists
6. UK 66% theists
7. Netherlands
8. New Zealand
9. Switzerland
10.Canada
It goes both ways my friend

Even funnier is that the link you presented has this as it's main picture

Korean parents praying for their children to pass exams

The ignorance on your part is outstading!

So because about 50% of South koreans dont believe in god, you reason that automatically, 50% believe in god?

You just flipped all the numbers out of spite but I dont blame you because I know that you are pained by this fact.

Dont worry, the truth is like a bitter pill- hard to swallow but the benefits come later
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by MrAnony1(m): 4:43am On Nov 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

The ignorance on your part is outstading!

So because about 50% of South koreans dont believe in god, you reason that automatically, 50% believe in god?

You just flipped all the numbers out of spite but I dont blame you because I know that you are pained by this fact.

Dont worry, the truth is like a bitter pill- hard to swallow but the benefits come later

Lolololol......Did you even listen to yourself? It only follows that if 50% don't believe, then the other 50% believe .
Besides, I'll say your statistics are made up. Let's look at a more accurate picture from the CIA world factbook shall we?

Finland Lutheran Church of Finland 82.5%, Orthodox Church 1.1%, other Christian 1.1%, other 0.1%, none 15.1% (2006)

Korea, South Christian 26.3% (Protestant 19.7%, Roman Catholic 6.6%), Buddhist 23.2%, other or unknown 1.3%, none 49.3% (1995 census)

Hong Kong eclectic mixture of local religions 90%, Christian 10%

Japan Shintoism 83.9%, Buddhism 71.4%, Christianity 2%, other 7.8% note: total adherents exceeds 100% because many people belong to both Shintoism and Buddhism (2005)

Singapore Buddhist 42.5%, Muslim 14.9%, Taoist 8.5%, Hindu 4%, Catholic 4.8%, other Christian 9.8%, other 0.7%, none 14.8% (2000 census)

United Kingdom
Christian (Anglican, Roman Catholic, Presbyterian, Methodist) 71.6%, Muslim 2.7%, Hindu 1%, other 1.6%, unspecified or none 23.1% (2001 census)

Netherlands Roman Catholic 30%, Protestant 20% (Dutch Reformed 11%, Calvinist 6%, other Protestant 3%), Muslim 5.8%, other 2.2%, none 42% (2006)

New Zealand Protestant 38.6% (Anglican 13.8%, Presbyterian, Congregational, and Reformed 10%, Christian (no denomination specified) 4.6%, Methodist 3%, Pentecostal 2%, Baptist 1.4%, other Christian 3.8%), Roman Catholic 12.6%, Maori Christian 1.6%, Hindu 1.6%, Buddhist 1.3%, other religions 2.2%, none 32.2%, other or unidentified 9.9% (2006 Census)

Switzerland Roman Catholic 41.8%, Protestant 35.3%, Muslim 4.3%, Orthodox 1.8%, other Christian 0.4%, other 1%, unspecified 4.3%, none 11.1% (2000 census)

Canada Roman Catholic 42.6%, Protestant 23.3% (United Church 9.5%, Anglican 6.8%, Baptist 2.4%, Lutheran 2%), other Christian 4.4%, Muslim 1.9%, other and unspecified 11.8%, none 16% (2001 census)

There you have it my dear atheist apologist, You have scored zero points. perhaps you should provide for us the source of these your "facts"

I'll leave you with the words of logicboy03:

"The ignorance on your part is outstanding but don't worry, the truth is like a bitter pill- hard to swallow but the benefits come later."

1 Like

Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 4:49am On Nov 28, 2012
Logicboy03: It has already been noted that secular countries that have a significant number of atheists dominate the top 10 advanced countries and the top 10 peaceful countries. Now, there is another list that these countries top.

1) Finland- 28% atheists

4) Japan- 64% atheists

6) UK- 34% atheists

7) Netherlands

cool New Zealand

9) Switzerland

10)Canada

i dont know whether to laugh at the idiocy of this or to cry at the sad desperation that it exposes.
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 4:53am On Nov 28, 2012
[size=18pt]^^^I want everybody to take a good at how pitiful Anony has become.

When someone is so desperate to diminish the truth that debunks his religion, he can go to any lengths to deny the truth![/size]
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 5:03am On Nov 28, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lolololol......Did you even listen to yourself? It only follows that if 50% don't believe, then the other 50% believe .
Besides, I'll say your statistics are made up. Let's look at a more accurate picture from the CIA world factbook shall we?

Finland Lutheran Church of Finland 82.5%, Orthodox Church 1.1%, other Christian 1.1%, other 0.1%, none 15.1% (2006)

Korea, South Christian 26.3% (Protestant 19.7%, Roman Catholic 6.6%), Buddhist 23.2%, other or unknown 1.3%, none 49.3% (1995 census)

Japan Shintoism 83.9%, Buddhism 71.4%, Christianity 2%, other 7.8% note: total adherents exceeds 100% because many people belong to both Shintoism and Buddhism (2005)

Singapore Buddhist 42.5%, Muslim 14.9%, Taoist 8.5%, Hindu 4%, Catholic 4.8%, other Christian 9.8%, other 0.7%, none 14.8% (2000 census)

United Kingdom
Christian (Anglican, Roman Catholic, Presbyterian, Methodist) 71.6%, Muslim 2.7%, Hindu 1%, other 1.6%, unspecified or none 23.1% (2001 census)

Netherlands Roman Catholic 30%, Protestant 20% (Dutch Reformed 11%, Calvinist 6%, other Protestant 3%), Muslim 5.8%, other 2.2%, none 42% (2006)

New Zealand Protestant 38.6% (Anglican 13.8%, Presbyterian, Congregational, and Reformed 10%, Christian (no denomination specified) 4.6%, Methodist 3%, Pentecostal 2%, Baptist 1.4%, other Christian 3.8%), Roman Catholic 12.6%, Maori Christian 1.6%, Hindu 1.6%, Buddhist 1.3%, other religions 2.2%, none 32.2%, other or unidentified 9.9% (2006 Census)

Switzerland Roman Catholic 41.8%, Protestant 35.3%, Muslim 4.3%, Orthodox 1.8%, other Christian 0.4%, other 1%, unspecified 4.3%, none 11.1% (2000 census)

Canada Roman Catholic 42.6%, Protestant 23.3% (United Church 9.5%, Anglican 6.8%, Baptist 2.4%, Lutheran 2%), other Christian 4.4%, Muslim 1.9%, other and unspecified 11.8%, none 16% (2001 census)

There you have it my dear atheist apologist, You have scored zero points. perhaps you should provide for us the source of these your "facts"

"The ignorance on your part is outstanding but don't worry, the truth is like a bitter pill- hard to swallow but the benefits come later."

[size=18pt]

1) It is very clear how Anony doesnt understand the issues with religious polls. Many people identify with their traditional religion or religion of their parents just to tick a box but they arent religious at all. This is why you would have the same country having 70% in a religion while also having about 50% who are atheists.

Take UK for example, it is not true that 71% are actually christians. They tick the box to fill in a religion. When asked if they believe in god, the answer is no. We know for a fact that the atheists or irreligious are close to 40% of the poplation. Worse still, the BBC reports even higher numbers of recent- Claiming that two thirds of the British are not religious http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12799801

2) Just because a poll shows that 30% do not believe in God, it doesnt translate to 70% believing in god. Out of that remaining 70%, you have the people who dont know and the people who dont tick any answer.
[/size]
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 5:04am On Nov 28, 2012
davidylan:

i dont know whether to laugh at the idiocy of this or to cry at the sad desperation that it exposes.

You should cry for Anony's desperation. He really thinks that 70% of the British are christians.
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 5:23am On Nov 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

[size=18pt]

1) It is very clear how Anony doesnt understand the issues with religious polls. Many people identify with their traditional religion or religion of their parents just to tick a box but they arent religious at all. This is why you would have the same country having 70% in a religion while also having about 50% who are atheists.

Take UK for example, it is not true that 71% are actually christians. They tick the box to fill in a religion. When asked if they believe in god, the answer is no. We know for a fact that the atheists or irreligious are close to 40% of the poplation. Worse still, the BBC reports even higher numbers of recent- Claiming that two thirds of the British are not religious http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12799801

2) Just because a poll shows that 30% do not believe in God, it doesnt translate to 70% believing in god. Out of that remaining 70%, you have the people who dont know and the people who dont tick any answer.
[/size]

the same could be said of your own overzealous pontificating. And how many of those who tick "atheist" do so largely out of ignorance? How many deep down are truly agnostic but are merely identifying as atheist out of sheer rebellion? Just because a poll says 30% have no belief in a God does not mean 30% of people are atheist. Do you know what questions went into the poll?

1 Like

Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 28, 2012
davidylan:

the same could be said of your own overzealous pontificating. And how many of those who tick "atheist" do so largely out of ignorance? How many deep down are truly agnostic but are merely identifying as atheist out of sheer rebellion? Just because a poll says 30% have no belief in a God does not mean 30% of people are atheist. Do you know what questions went into the poll?

What I listed about the religious polls are documented problems with the polls. You on the other hand, are just using desperate conspiracies to bash atheism

1) No one is an atheist out of rebellion. Who are they rebelling against? That is foolish christian doctrine talking and not reality. Atheism is a disbelief in god.

2) People dont tick "christian" out of ignorance neither do people tick atheism out of "ignorance". What I said was that some people tick christianity only because they come from a christian background. That same reason doesnt exist for atheism because it is not a religion or a religious background.

3) If 30 people tick that they dont believe in god, it means 30 people dont believe in god. There is an option for "dont know".
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 28, 2012
Please is theism=Christainity?
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 28, 2012
Reyginus: Please is theism=Christainity?

Nope
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 28, 2012
Thank you. But what about this?
Logicboy03:

You should cry for Anony's desperation. He really thinks that 70% of the British are christians.
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 28, 2012
Reyginus: Thank you. But what about this?

What is your problem with the comment?
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

What is your problem with the comment?
Christainity=Theism.
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by advocate666: 11:44am On Nov 28, 2012
Mr_Anony:

United Kingdom[/b] Christian (Anglican, Roman Catholic, Presbyterian, Methodist) 71.6%, Muslim 2.7%, Hindu 1%, other 1.6%, unspecified or none 23.1% (2001 census)

Mr Anony, please read these and tell us how they equate to 71.6% christians.

Provisional statistics released this week by the Church of England show the Church continuing to shrink. Average Sunday attendance in 2010 continued in a downward trend, falling by two per cent to 923,700 or around 1.5% of the UK population. Average weekly attendance fell to 1,116,100 (1.8% of the population) from 1,130,360 in 2009.
http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2012/01/church-of-england-continues-to-shrink-according-to-official-figures

Currently, regular church attendance in the United Kingdom stands at 6% of the population with the average age of the attendee being 51. This shows a decline in church attendance since 1980 when regular attendance stood at 11% with an average age of 37. It is predicted that by 2020, attendance will be around 4% with an average age of 56. This decline in church attendance has forced many churches to close down across the United Kingdom with the Church Of England alone being forced to close 1,500 churches between 1969 and 2002. Their fates include dereliction, demolishion and residential conversion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_Kingdom
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 28, 2012
Reyginus: Christainity=Theism.

How did you get that from my comment?
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

Where did you get this from?
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 28, 2012
Reyginus: Where did you get this from?

Anony stated that 71% of the UK are christians
Logicboy03:

[quote author=Mr_Anony]

[size=24pt]United Kingdom Christian (Anglican, Roman Catholic, Presbyterian, Methodist) 71.6%,[/size] Muslim 2.7%, Hindu 1%, other 1.6%, unspecified or none 23.1% (2001 census)

[b]Netherlands
Roman Catholic 30%, Protestant 20% (Dutch Reformed 11%, Calvinist 6%, other Protestant 3%), Muslim 5.8%, other 2.2%, none 42% (2006)

Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by EvilBrain1(m): 12:55pm On Nov 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

What I listed about the religious polls are documented problems with the polls. You on the other hand, are just using desperate conspiracies to bash atheism

1) No one is an atheist out of rebellion. Who are they rebelling against? That is foolish christian doctrine talking and not reality. Atheism is a disbelief in god.

2) People dont tick "christian" out of ignorance neither do people tick atheism out of "ignorance". What I said was that some people tick christianity only because they come from a christian background. That same reason doesnt exist for atheism because it is not a religion or a religious background.

3) If 30 people tick that they dont believe in god, it means 30 people dont believe in god. There is an option for "dont know".

Also, atheism and agnostism answer different questions. If you ask me "is there a god?" my answer would be "almost certainly not", but aince it ia impossible to prove a negative, logic demands that I keep my mind open to the possibility in case some evidence ever shows up.

If you ask me "do you believe in god", then the answer will be a definite "no". There is no credible evidence, and no convincing philosophical evidence that god or gods exist, therefore I don't believe in them.

All scientific minded atheists are also agnostics. So are most religious people imho. Most of them suspect deep down that it's all a bunch of cràp, but go along with it out of habit, social and family reasons.Or because they want it to be true. In any case, if you have even a shred of doubt, then by definition, you're an agnostic.

1 Like

Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 28, 2012
Evil Brain:

Also, atheism and agnostism answer different questions. If you ask me "is there a god?" my answer would be almost certainly not, but aince it ia impossible to prove a negative, logic demands that I keep my mind open to the poasibility in case some evidence ever shows up.

If you ask me "do you believe in god", then the answer will be a definitw "no". There is no credible evidence, and no convincing philosophical evidence that god or gods exist, therefore I don't believe in them.

All scientific minded atheists are also agnostics. So are most religious people imho. Most of them suspect deep down that it's all a bunch of cràp, but go along with it out of habit, social and family reasons.Or because they want it to be true. In any case, if you have even a shred of doubt, then by definition, you're an agnostic.

Thank you very much.
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by advocate666: 1:33pm On Nov 28, 2012
Evil Brain:

Also, atheism and agnostism answer different questions. If you ask me "is there a god?" my answer would be almost certainly not, but aince it ia impossible to prove a negative, logic demands that I keep my mind open to the poasibility in case some evidence ever shows up.

If you ask me "do you believe in god", then the answer will be a definitw "no". There is no credible evidence, and no convincing philosophical evidence that god or gods exist, therefore I don't believe in them.

It depends on which god exactly they are asking about.

Do you also keep your mind open to the possibility of existence of Santa Claus, Spaghetti monster and fairy godmother?
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Anyigala(m): 3:27pm On Nov 28, 2012
Please read the main article from BBC website below..

"The UK's education system is ranked sixth best in the developed world, according to a global league table published by education firm Pearson.

The first and second places are taken by Finland and South Korea.

The rankings combine international test results and data such as graduation rates between 2006 and 2010.

Sir Michael Barber, Pearson's chief education adviser, says successful countries give teachers a high status and have a "culture" of education.

International comparisons in education have become increasingly significant - and this latest league table is based upon a series of global test results combined with measures of education systems, such as how many people go on to university.

This composite picture puts the UK in a stronger position than the influential Pisa tests from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) - which is also one of the tests included in this ranking.

The weightings for the rankings have been produced for Pearson by the Economist Intelligence Unit.

Global competition

The two education superpowers - Finland and South Korea - are followed by three other high-performing Asian education systems - Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore.

Continue reading the main story
EDUCATION TOP 20
Finland
South Korea
Hong Kong
Japan
Singapore
UK
Netherlands
New Zealand
Switzerland
Canada
Ireland
Denmark
Australia
Poland
Germany
Belgium
USA
Hungary
Slovakia
Russia
The UK - which is considered as a single system, rather than four devolved administrations - is then ranked at the head of an above-average group including the Netherlands, New Zealand, Canada and Ireland.

These are ahead of a middle-ranking group including the United States, Germany and France.

At the lowest end are Mexico, Brazil and Indonesia.

These comparisons draw upon tests that are taken every three or four years, in areas such as maths, science and literacy - and so present a picture lagging by several years.

But the intention is to provide a more multi-dimensional view of educational achievement - and create a databank which will be updated, in a project that Pearson is calling the Learning Curve.

Looking at education systems that succeed, the study concludes that spending is important, but not as much as having a culture that is supportive of learning.

It says that spending is easier to measure, but the more complex impact of a society's attitude to education can make a big difference.

The success of Asian countries in these rankings reflects the high value attached to education and the expectations of parents. This can continue to be a factor when families migrate to other countries, says the report accompanying the rankings.

Looking at the two top countries - Finland and South Korea - the report says that there are many big differences, but the common factor is a shared social belief in the importance of education and its "underlying moral purpose".

Teacher quality

The report also emphasises the importance of high-quality teachers and the need to find ways to recruit the best staff. This might be about status and professional respect as well as levels of pay.

The rankings show that there is no clear link between higher relative pay and higher performance.

And there are direct economic consequences of high and low performing education systems, the study says, particularly in a globalised, skill-based economy.

But there are less straightforward and conflicting messages about how schools are organised.

The ranking for levels of school choice shows that Finland and South Korea have among the lowest levels of school choice. But Singapore, another high performer, has the highest level. The UK is among the upper levels in terms of school choice.

'Significant' data

Higher levels of school autonomy are a characteristic of many higher performing systems - headed by China, the Netherlands, the UK and Hong Kong (which is considered as a separate school system in such education rankings).

But Finland, the most successful system, has a relatively low level of school autonomy.

Sir Michael Barber, a former adviser to Tony Blair, said that the gathering of this information was the "start of something significant" - providing a practical resource for policy makers wanting to learn from other countries.

In terms of the UK's performance, he said it fitted into the view that education standards had risen at the end of the 1990s and into the early 2000s and had then levelled off.

Labour's education spokesman Stephen Twigg said the findings reflected the achievements of the previous government.

"This report shows that after 13 years of investment and reform with Labour, schools in the UK are amongst the best in the world."

And he said the findings did not provide evidence for the current government's support for free schools.

"This shows there is much more to school performance than structures," said Mr Twigg.

A Department for Education spokeswoman said: "We are driving up standards right across the board by bringing the best graduates into teaching, developing a world-class curriculum, and restoring order to our classrooms.

"We are driving forward the academies and free schools programmes with more than half of secondary schools now enjoying academy status.

"We have introduced the EBacc so more pupils are encouraged to study the core academic subjects that universities and employers demand and we will be introducing a new, far more rigorous examination system"

How someone can actually read this article and somehow link this trend to religious and non-religious belief baffles me. Well, Frosbel started it with his "Catholic top ten violent cities list" and now we have copy-cats trying to follow the leader be it from a different point of view. I weak for people!

1 Like

Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

Anony stated that 71% of the UK are christians
Oh!
Re: Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2012
Anyigala:
How someone can actually read this article and somehow link this trend to religious and non-religious belief baffles me. Well, Frosbel started it with his "Catholic top ten violent cities list" and now we have copy-cats trying to follow the leader be it from a different point of view. I weak for people!

Another dumbazz that cant reason or cant handle the truth.

If it baffles you that more secular countries with a significant number of atheists tend to have better education than others, go hug transformer- maybe some sense can be shocked into you.

By the way, only a dumbazz would draw a link with this thread and Frosbel's hypocritical christain vs Catholic bashingthread

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Secret Organisations / Happy Reformation Day! / God Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.