Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze (2237 Views)

Fifa Admits Bronze Boot Error, Chukwueze Not Nwakali Winner / Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! / Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by tosinadeda: 8:23am On Feb 10, 2008
ghana 4 civ 2
na wa o, so civ just saved all there floggings to the last two matches its a pity for them.
to think that it was 2 - 1 to civ on 70th minute is amazing. 20 mins of crazy football and ghana pumped in 3 goals to win the bronze medal. its a pity for civ , to think they had the strongest team in the competiton

http://www.fifa.com/confederationcup/news/newsid=688390.html#ghana+late+show+bags+bronze
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by tosinadeda: 8:35am On Feb 10, 2008
pics from the match

Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by RuuDie(m): 11:34am On Feb 10, 2008
It's classic lesson 2 illustrate the saying "he who laffs last, laffs best", civ could have had that game done & dusted in half 1, but they making shakara. . . . . . When they have chance 2 score, they'll pass. NA OVASKILL KILL ELEPHANT! I jus happy sef that BLOODY Arrow drogba no see shakara do again, im eye don come down now shey!?

Tonite make una come watch SERIOUS MINDED players them!
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by RuuDie(m): 11:35am On Feb 10, 2008
It's classic lesson 2 illustrate the saying "he who laffs last, laffs best", civ could have had that game done & dusted in half 1, but they making shakara. . . . . . When they have chance 2 score, they'll pass. NA OVASKILL KILL ELEPHANT! I jus happy sef that BLOODY Arrow drogba no see shakara do again, im eye don come down now shey!?

Tonite make una come watch SERIOUS MINDED players them!
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by smile4kenn(m): 12:55pm On Feb 10, 2008
wonder shall never end in Africa, CIV is overated.
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by tosinadeda: 1:16pm On Feb 10, 2008
there problem is that they have the players but they dnt really play like a team
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by camegirl(f): 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2008
Ruudie abeg no kill me with laugh oooooo. make una come see how dem be don dey already celebrate for NEWYORK. say dem beta pass Nigeria and Cameroon.yesterday i go club, i no see one CIV and ghana person for club. shame no grin dem come out.

TO THE PINKLESS STARS OF GHANA AND THE DEMOLISHED ELEPHANTS OF CIV. MAKE UNA LEAVE SOCCER FOR NIGERIA AND CAMEROON, if una get any question about soccer, please contact the LIONS OR THE EAGLES.Its our sports and will always remain with us GMAB grin
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by vassilli(m): 6:32pm On Feb 10, 2008
Make una forget dat match jo
it was glaring d[b] match was fixed[/b]
cos
take look at the first half, ivorians over ran the ghanians
y did the ivorians av to use their 3rd choice keeper in such a crucial match?
Drogba and Essien were busy laffing wen they were supposed to b serious playing(forgetting the chelsea alliance, y dint him and Mikel laff so much wen they played nigeria?)
Drogba wasnt present as such in the stike force!
The Typical Drogba would av bn frustrated and ended up getting booked wen they were losing
Abeg, we knw the Politics dem play
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by camegirl(f): 7:15pm On Feb 10, 2008
and dem happy for collect third place. a whole host of the cup." pinkless stars of ghana"
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by tosinadeda: 1:05am On Feb 11, 2008
Y dem no go happy?
naija wey come dey celebrate "golden" bronze nko?
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by Modups1(f): 7:51am On Feb 11, 2008
vassilli u raise some interesting points there oh! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by MrsSiena1(f): 9:35am On Feb 11, 2008
@ vassili u r right d match was fixed do u think that Ghana would host d nations cup for noting.
its a way of compensating them, that match was fixed i also heard that d match between Ghana and Nigeria was fixed too
i wonder how true that is
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by ratiken(m): 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ Vasilli
I can agree with you to an extent but I still find it difficult to believe that the match was fixed to be lost in the second half by four goals.
Its a big blow to CIV, They wud have lost 1:0, its will be understandable that they lost by a slim margin.

If the match was fixed, then It was fixed foolishly.
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by Pitokwe(m): 12:14pm On Feb 11, 2008
Gentle men and ladies in da house.the whole thing surprise me.i was watching the match before i fell asleep,then it was civ 2,Ghana 1,only to hear that civ lost the match.can any bd tell me what really happend.mean while a big cheers to the Egyptians
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by ndubest(m): 2:15pm On Feb 11, 2008
the match was fixed

Why can't we be good losers

so they just allowed ghanaians to do the one two pass them just like that

if the match was fixed, players would have been hacked down in the penalty box intentionally

and if the match was fixed, so CIV will allow themselves to be disgraced so woefully

if the match was fixed CIV wouldnt have equalised and even went ahead after ghana first scored

please lest give kudos to whom it is due

CIV was the better team in the first half and ghana took over in the second
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by mamaorga(f): 9:00am On Feb 12, 2008
Who would like to be a loser grin grin grin grin grin
i dont think CIV would have loved to be the loser in that match especially afta all their hardwork
then why waste their time to get to the semi-finals
Guys please be realistic
CIV underated Ghana
they thot Ghana was a walkover so that fire to play wasnt in them
but Ghana has a team. The team spirit is great
and that was what they used to outshine CIV
Ghana never drew any match in this African cup
they lost only one match to the camerounians
Apart from that they beat all countries even our super eagles
Give praise where is due. The Black Stars had the upper hand in that game
They were impressive given their performance in this nation cup
Its just unfortunate that they didnt get to the finals
To me, i think they were great
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by QueenB1(f): 11:06am On Feb 12, 2008
What was fixed? ha?. U people are just jealous and hating for nothing. What is ur problem self, Ghana was better than Nigeria even with 10 Men or do you think it was fixed that Mensah was given Red Card. And Ghana was even better than Nigeria so puh-leese make una leave them black stars alone. Na jealosy go kill u people. U cant just take the truth. What a shame.
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by QueenB1(f): 11:09am On Feb 12, 2008
And the against the Ivorians they were also better. What is the problem if Essien and Drogba were laughing are friends not allowed to laugh again or what?. Essien was also laughing with Eto'o so whats the deal here?. U nigerians should just face the truth. If it was Nigeria i bet u would not say it was fixed.
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by mamaorga(f): 11:44am On Feb 12, 2008
Queen B:

And the against the Ivorians they were also better. What is the problem if Essien and Drogba were laughing are friends not allowed to laugh again or what?. Essien was also laughing with Eto'o so whats the deal here?. You nigerians should just face the truth. If it was Nigeria i bet u would not say it was fixed.
@Queenbee am feeling u
tell nairalanders for me oooo
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by efuah(f): 3:46pm On Feb 12, 2008
@QueenB, mama orga & ndubest. . .God bless u guys o kiss kiss kiss

Hating is bad o, suppressing to hide the truth even when it's glittering. . . na wa o!
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by Emeka72(m): 3:52pm On Feb 12, 2008
Ghana was the beteer side of that match and most of the matches they played.
@Efuah, I am very sure you would be very happy that Ghana won that match.
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by mukina2: 8:35pm On Feb 12, 2008
vassilli:

Make una forget that match jo
it was glaring d[b] match was fixed[/b]
because
take look at the first half, ivorians over ran the ghanians
y did the ivorians av to use their 3rd choice keeper in such a crucial match?
Drogba and Essien were busy laffing when they were supposed to b serious playing(forgetting the chelsea alliance, y dint him and Mikel laff so much when they played nigeria?)
Drogba wasnt present as such in the stike force!
The Typical Drogba would av bn frustrated and ended up getting booked when they were losing
Abeg, we knw the Politics them play

correct guy wink

camegirl:

Ruudie abeg no kill me with laugh oooooo. make una come see how them be don dey already celebrate for NEWYORK. say them beta pass Nigeria and Cameroon.yesterday i go club, i no see one CIV and ghana person for club. shame no grin them come out.

TO THE PINKLESS STARS OF GHANA AND THE DEMOLISHED ELEPHANTS OF CIV. MAKE UNA LEAVE SOCCER FOR NIGERIA AND CAMEROON, if una get any question about soccer, please contact the LIONS OR THE EAGLES.Its our sports and will always remain with us GMAB grin

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

Egypt tongue hahahahahahha grin
No matter what happens we still remain the best in Africa tongue
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by folahann(m): 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2008
hmmm There is something fishy,
Nigeria coming back to rule africa
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by QueenB1(f): 9:49am On Feb 13, 2008
@Mukina2, ha ur wish. Nigeria, remains better? hahahhaaaa. Daydreamerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!. With all these old players from them, they dont even have a team. puh-leese
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by Emeka72(m): 11:29am On Feb 13, 2008
@Efuah, your wish has at least come to reality, Ghana beat Nigeria even in that tough condition of match (Nigerias penalty and Ghanian red card Ghana still overcame. Cameroun only managed to beat them and they still won Cote'de'voir even when pple thought all hope was lost for Ghana in that Matcch.
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by mukina2: 8:48pm On Feb 13, 2008
Queen B:

@Mukina2, ha your wish. Nigeria, remains better? hahahhaaaa. Daydreamerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!. With all these old players from them, they don't even have a team. puh-leese

grin cheesy grin

Queen i was actually referring to Ivory Coast wink not Nigeria grin
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by QueenB1(f): 9:46am On Feb 14, 2008
@ mukina2, girl check out ur post well, it refers to Nigeria ok. Anyways sha forget it. wink
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by mukina2: 1:40pm On Feb 15, 2008
Queen
this was Camegirl's post tongue i striked thru the part where she refered to Ivory Coast cheesy
and highlighted the Cameroun/ Nigeria part to tease her :Pr dissing my elephants grin

Quote from: camegirl on February 10, 2008, 04:15 PM
Ruudie abeg no kill me with laugh oooooo. make una come see how them be don dey already celebrate for NEWYORK. say them beta pass Nigeria and Cameroon.yesterday i go club, i no see one CIV and ghana person for club. shame no grin them come out.

TO THE PINKLESS STARS OF GHANA AND THE DEMOLISHED ELEPHANTS OF CIV. MAKE UNA LEAVE SOCCER FOR NIGERIA AND CAMEROON, if una get any question about soccer, please contact the LIONS OR THE EAGLES.Its our sports and will always remain with us GMAB Grin

now we can let it be grin
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by mekoyo(m): 4:56pm On Feb 16, 2008
CIV suprised me. Imagine how they just let all those goals past them. I dont blame the players but the goal keeper was another diferrent person entirely.

Check out those funny goals.
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by Emeka72(m): 3:17pm On Feb 19, 2008
@Efuah you are not talking again, you seem to be relievd now that Ghana won the bronze.
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by dominique(f): 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2008
The analysts from soccer africa said the elephants went clubbing the night before the match against.The whole of africa should learn from civ: Dont take inferior goalkeepers to the tournament, you'll lose. Poor drogba was trying to be diplomatic but u could see the hurt in his eye.
Re: Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze by Emeka72(m): 11:07am On Feb 20, 2008
and is all that true?

(1) (Reply)

130 Missed Calls!!! Find Out Why Robin Van Persie Keeps Calling Arsene Wenger? / More Than Half Of The England Team That Just Won The U20 World Cup Are Nigerians / Sure 1.20 - 2 Odds BOOM Tips Daily On Whatsapp Group Free!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.