Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

This Is Nollywood By Franco Sacchi - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / This Is Nollywood By Franco Sacchi (1118 Views)

Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? / Is Nollywood Rivaling Black Hollywood? / Where Is Nollywood Located In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is Nollywood By Franco Sacchi by Orikinla(m): 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2012
To mark the 20 years of the African magic called Nollywood, I have been publishing original features and other reports by Nigerians Report, Face2Face Africa in the U.S. and the Black Film Maker magazine in the UK will also publish my comprehensive Why Many Nollywood Movies Cannot Make Hollywood Box Office.

This is Nollywood is a multiple award winning documentary on the phenomenon of Nollywood by prominent Italian director Franco Sacchi which is a must see for everyone who really wants to know more about the emergence of Nollywood, because many people have been speaking on Nollywood more our of ignorance without facts.

You can see the trailer of This is Nollywood below, but the TED video of Franco Sacchi's conference is on http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2012/11/this-is-nollywood-by-franco-sacchi.html.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-42NCowBYk

[size=18pt]Storytelling lies at the heart of African culture — and now it’s digital.

This Is Nollywood tells the story of the Nigerian film industry—a revolution enabling Africans with few resources to tell African stories to African audiences. Despite all odds, Nigerian directors produce between 500 and 1,000 movies a year. The disks sell wildly all over the continent—Nollywood actors have become stars from Ghana to Zambia.

We experience the world of Nollywood through acclaimed director Bond Emeruwa's quest to make a feature-length action film in just nine days. Armed only with a digital camera, two lights, and about $20,000, Bond faces challenges unimaginable in Hollywood and Bollywood.

Electricity goes out. Street thugs demand extortion money. The lead actor doesn’t show. During one crucial scene, prayers blast from loudspeakers atop a nearby mosque, making shooting impossible. But, as Bond says, “In Nollywood we don’t count the walls. We learn how to climb them.”[/size]

Re: This Is Nollywood By Franco Sacchi by robofengland: 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2012
ORIKINLA. I read an old post you made on here a few years ago on a certain topic. I would like to discuss something with you, which will be to your benefit. Genuine English guy here. Let me know how to contact you. thanks & Rgds. Robofengland

(1) (Reply)

[PICTURE] Nollywood Release Dorobucci Movie / Please Someone Should Suggest A Series For Me / Meet The First Winning Televistatv (gotv Channel 15) Winning Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.